rF2 F1 MMG @ Spa Francorchamps Sunday September 7th 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Andrew Evans

2nd f1 race in succession ballsed up at the start... obviously everyone isn't using launch control otherwise we should all get off the line cleanly...

watching the replay - antoine got a poor start, got tagged and spun... that backed the field up and i couldn't brake in time to avoid the guys that had stopped... apologies to theo and lee - i had nowhere to go... :ohwell:

planned to limp back to the pits for a new nose but lost it after les combes while fiddling with the pit menu... better luck next week :amen:

• Antoine Morin

2nd f1 race in succession ballsed up at the start... obviously everyone isn't using launch control otherwise we should all get off the line cleanly...

watching the replay - antoine got a poor start, got tagged and spun... that backed the field up and i couldn't brake in time to avoid the guys that had stopped... apologies to theo and lee - i had nowhere to go... :ohwell:

planned to limp back to the pits for a new nose but lost it after les combes while fiddling with the pit menu... better luck next week :amen:

Yep i ruin the race off all the drivers tonight. I'm really sorry for that , i can't say what i did with the TC but it seems i need some traiing offline ... i wont do other F1 races for the moment ...

Edit : to make the smiles back i found this was funny ^^
GRAB_001-2.jpg

Sorry again guys....

Started from p6. Had a bad start, a williams in front of was not comming away very good and so I touched him. But my car was OK. Than I had a fight with Toni Talvitie in the Spyker. He touched me then and I went into gravel, lol. Toni was then waiting for to give me position back. No problem Toni, it happens :thumb:. Then I mad a mistake and went into gravel again, lol. Then Antoine's Williams totaly wrecked in the middle of the Kemmel straight :shocked:, but i maneged to get pass without damage, but so shockked of this I missed the next brake point, omg.
Then my race was over 2laps after my pit stop, 14laps left. I went to fast in la source and endet up in the wall, with engine out, omg.
Was my 3th F1 race and first time I don't saw the finish. Strange race for me with a lot of mistakes, lol, normaly I maneged to do lot's better races.
Looking forward to Monza, my home track :thumb:

apologies to theo and lee -

NP m8, with these beasts there is very little time to react.

I was very dissapointed tonight, again I think there was people not using the launch control messing things up. People spun in front of me, I mamanged to stop in time to avoid a collision but then got hit hard from behind losing my front and rear wing. Tried to make it back to pits for a little moment but the fun had allready gone so I quit.

If I race again next week I am not going to set a qualy time so that I am sure to start from the back so I can wait for the dust to settle... :rolleyes:

Fantastic victory for me :thumb:

I am really surprised by the speed I had. During the official practice I started with my 'race' setup and drove 1.47.5x already.
I didn't knew the qual had to be driven with the race-start fuel, and I though the amount left was the fuel taken with you at the start. So I filled it up with 20 laps of fuel to drive 4 hotlaps, having 16 laps (halfway) left for the race.

But it was a bit easier, the 20 laps was just that :)
So I had to do the qual with a slightly heavier car then I would. Best thing I could make of it was 3rd grid position.

The start of the race was ok, launch control did the trick and I knew from practice that from the startgrid you have to brake early on these cold tired and brakes. Therefor I guess the 2 ferrari's missed the apex and I could sneak through from 3rd to 1st :)
Then during the beginning I was on safe-mode driving at 95% of the limit or so. Rob was gaining on me and then I was lucky he made a mistake. After a few laps he was in his rhythm and he was closing in again.
Then I just totally screwed les combes drove wrong lines on 2 corners and spun the car. Rob passed me and I was 4 secs down.
Then the dices rolled my way because Rob had to pit. Just as I expected he was on low fuel during qualify.
After his pits I was 20+ seconds in front of P2.
My pitstop was a bit late but the tires (soft) just held perfectly.
After my stop I still had 11 seconds advantage from Rob and could maintain the gap without a problem.
Then after a while Rob made a mistake and I guess had to pit again for repairs.
In the meantime I could increase the gap to 30+ seconds to Steve.

Until I discovered I was very marginal on the fuel. To make sure I could finish I drove on short-shift mode and drove on 80% throttle until I had enough fuel saved to make it till the finish.

In the last few laps the gap was still 25 seconds or so, and I could drive fast again.
In the last lap I could even set the fastest lap of the race, which was unexpected at that time.

Well done Steve and Rob for the podiums too, and Hansi for finishing in 4th!
I learned a lot today about rFactor and the MMG mod.
Very nice mod and hope to drive more F1 races in the future.

Thanks all for racing!

Nice club night! It was my first encounter with this great mod. And considering rfactor and I don't always go well together I guess my 4th place was allright. However, 4th place was also last place of the ones that finished the race :) With me backing up Steve, glory was brought to BMW with a constructor's win.
Congrats to Ramon, the winner, and also to Robert on 3rd.

Great night all in all! Thanks to RD for providing it!:thumb:

Monza, here I come!

Congrats Ramon, a well diserved win m8.Also well done steve for 2nd and hansi 4th .

I missed the apex on first corner so was down to third, then i managed to get back up to first after ramons mistake .
I then had to pit on lap 10 as i was running lite as you guessed hehe.
Then it went ok for a few laps untill i made a big mistake and damaged my car bad .
But i thought i would stick it out and drag my brokan ass back to the pits for a 50sec repair lol.
Stuck it out till the end and got home in 3rd, so i am happy with that but annoyed at myself for cocking it up so bad lol.
Think farrarri's are cursed so next time i drive a honda or somthing lol
I may not be able to race at monza but i will try sort out somthing at work.

cheers guys

I had a great time and Spa is a super venue and a blast to drive. Very challenging to drive well and get the car setup properly...

There were some excellent qualifying times with Ramon and Rob heading up the grid. I started 7'th due to some missteps of my own making, but had a good start and moved up to third. Turns out my launch control practice paid off...:) Also was careful of T1 because found it very easy to brake too late and get into trouble. Think my tires weren't totally up to temp and I gave it all back when I looped it at busstop on lap 2, or was it lap 1.

Rob was very fast and Ramon was spooky fast so I knew there was no way I could keep up. Others also... Decided my best strategy was to drive a controlled race and try to keep it between the lines. It turned out to be a reasonable approach because there was a lot of attrition and I ended up second to Ramon. He was 45-50 seconds ahead until he let up and think he finished about 30 seconds ahead at the end.

These cars are tough to handle and you have to stay focused all the time. 30 laps may not sound like much, but it was hard work and 30 was enough for me. I'm going to have to toughen up...:D I've only driven Spa once before and it was with GTL. It's amazing how much faster things come at you in these F1 cars.

Ramon ran away with it, but Hansi and I managed to bring in the points for BMW in the constructor's championship. All in all it was a good day.:)

Congrats to Ramon for first place, Rob for third, and to Hansi and me for fiinishing.:)

See you at Monza...

Start was not bad and could move to second behind Ramon after first corner.
Went of in the first lap and wrecked my front, resulted in a 25 second pitstop.
After that i had 7 good laps and again i hit the wall and wrecked my car totally.
I had to leave the game for another reason, so verry sorry i could not stay to last moment guys.
Im going on a small holiday now so cu all next week.
Ciao!

• Roy Stevens

Sorry i did not turn up Was unwell think i had a bug....ill be back for monza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back