RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Screw this track I never saw a track with this many bumps. I tried everything but to no success I don't think I will be racing this one again. One of the worse tracks out their. Not to the creator though he did a good job just the layout is a pain in the ass.

Man that was intense. After completely screwing up my quali, I had two great races. Oddly enough, I was once again much slower down the front straight than everyone else.

This track might be a PITA, but it was well worth the work it took to get the Mosler somewhat stable around here. This certainly isn't a track you can just jump into and do a quick race.

Race1: Got a great start from tenth on the grid and was up to 5th by the end of lap one. I was now behind Glenn and couldn't find a way past for the life of me. I just kept the pressure on and after several laps of some very close racing. I followed Glenn closely and was lucky to get a tow past Tyler into T1 from him. Glenn eventually made a small mistake and ran it wide coming out of the tight hairpin allowing me to slip past. This put me in 2nd place. Gave chase to Yves and closed the gap from about 6 to 4 seconds, but as I started to struggle for grip I made a few mistakes and lost a lot of ground on him. With just a couple of laps to go there was no way I would catch Yves now and just settle down and focused on just bringing the car home in one piece.

Race2: Got an average start and found myself behind Glenn once more. However, coming into T2 Glenn slowed a bit more than I expected and I slipped through underneath him. Pretty cool pass, if I might say so myself. Even I was surprised. lol. I run a different line into T2 than most others. Most of you guys were keeping to a slightly wider line, while I was treating it more as a double apex meaning I would hold it tight coming into T2 then drift wide on the brakes only to apex again where the double while line was on the inside. Any ways... I soon found myself behind Jan Somers and much like in race 1 with Glenn, I could not find a way past. Even with the slip stream, I was down on speed on straight to his Spyker. Eventually Eric N bump drafted me and we both went by Jan down the straight. Thanks Eirc N. Clear of Jan, I now set my sights on Sam M ahead. I caught up quickly and made the pass for second as Sam had an off. Tyler was just 2.5 seconds a head and I was closing in him a few tenths per lap, but as grip levels started to drop I once again made a mistake and a short off cost me second as Eric N slipped through. With about 6 or 7 laps remaining I figured I would try to bump draft Eric N in order to catch Tyler a quicker, but even with the draft, I was losing one to two tenths to Eric N down the straight. My car was now starting to get more and more twitchy resulting in small mistakes. The gap to Eric N grew to about 2 seconds at one point. I tried to catch him one last time with three to go and set my fastest race lap with a 37.7. But in the end it was not enough and I came up a about 5 tenths short, crossing the line in 3rd.

Some great racing tonight guys and congrats to Tyler and Yves for their wins. :)

Well this was possibly THE TEST of all time! Damn it was demanding beyond what I expected....

Q: nearly wreck the car inT4/5 complex but avoid climbing the hill at least. I grid P4 and thought 2nd could be mine since Claudio had silly pace hotlapping! LOL

R1 I get a crap start and drop to 6th behind Glenn til T2 when I run a haor wide and hit the grass and ride the armco to 9th. I get going an feel like I am ok since I have good race pace so far. I pass Claudio who is off near the white access road we all try not to touch for 8th. TOo bad Caludio not sure how ya go there but I keeping one eye inthe mirror now. I am now 7th when I narrowly avoid Sam Ventura who slides across the track in front of me. I brake and we don't touch thankfully.

Lap 2 I chase Jan with caludio right behind me. I get a ncie draft off Jan.

Lap 3 I pass Jan by a scant inch in T1! Brilliant racing Jan! no crash and we exchange spots.

Lap 4 I am chasing Sam Mehler, Stefan and Glenn who Ican see in front.

Lap 5 I go to P5 when Sam goes off exiting the last turn to the main straight. P5! going well!

Lap 6 Tyler makes a rare mistake and I am gifted P4 for now. Glenn bobbles in the hairpin and I close tight on the straight.

Lap 7 I go P3 when Glenn drops a wheel on the access road. t's a close call at speed but I manage no contact with his help keeping it under control. I then LODSE IT IN THE HAIRPIN whan I dont downshift to 1st! WTF you nimrod! BAck to work!!!!!!

Lap 8-10 I chase Sam Mehler and Glen down and am close enoug to smell the exhaust now. Glenn loses it in the last corner and bounces across the track collecting Sam and scaring the crap out of me! I am P3!

The remainder of the laps I try to chew into Stefans lead but no joy....we are equal and I slow ion lap 15 to preserve the podium!

R2 I start P5 behind Claudio and Nuke Estes on pole. I get a good jump and get by Eric E. I hold 5th behind Jan Somers. I bump Jan and go off a hair and Stefan seizes the moment and takes P5 for now. I get a good run on Stefan and Jan entering T1.

Lap2 Jan and Stefan and I have a very close encounter throughout T1 but no blood as smart heads prevail for now. No sense pushing it just yet for a spot and risk a DNF or a ride in the grass. Yves is lurking right on my tailpipe!

Lap 3 I close on Stefan in the Kink back section and have to lift to avoid contact. I slip in the last off camber section and Yves is right there now! We drag race down the straight but I pick up a draft off Stefan and extend a bit.

Lap 4 we enter T1 absolutely FLYING and 4 cars all one length or less between us! woooooof this is cool! Yves goes waaaay inside and pulls a brilliant pas on ME! but he runs out of room and cntacts Stefan and Yves goes off! wow unreal! EXCITING!

I close on Stefan again in the KINK section and he extends a bit off the last corner. Coming down the straight Jan and Stefan are door to door. Who do I draft? do I bump draft if I get there or do I go 3 wide to T1? I bump stefan and we both get by Jan befpre T1! Scary but fun!

Lap 5 and I am P4 and things are going well thus far. Sam and Stefan are battling harsd while I try to close the gap.

Lap 6 Sam goes off exiting T2 and I am P3 and Stefan is within striking distance.

Lap 7 I am getting a nice .3 gain on Stefan on the straight but he is absolutely selling out in the mountain sections to extend by .3! I love this! AND, we can see Tyler in P1! maybe just maybe!

Lap 8 Stefan finally bobbles where Glenn did in Race 1 by the access road and I fly by inches away from him too to grab P2 and try and extend on him and reel in Tyler. Maybe just Maybe.

Lap 9-15 I battle hard with Stefan. He is throwing the kitchen sink at me and I don;t crack for a change. I can gain a bit on Tyler but he gains back too. We are running almost identical laptimes and in the end I am P2.

I end up 3rd overall with one single point seperating the top 4 overall! Very competitive!

I thought this turned out to be a VERY VERY exciting event! There was some really smart driving out there and I don;t think anything really stupid transpired the whole race series!

Well done gents!

At least I didnt kill a hamster while trying to outbrake someone into T1. We all heard the crunch, i sure hope you dont have any more pets :p
There are a million black-n-white hamsters out there to buy. Nobody is the wiser in my house!

LOL seriously if you weren't on teamspeak last week you heard a couple of really funny comments. During the race while battling the rainand a tight track and pile of really good drivers I see something move out of the corner of my eye! GOOD GOD it's the family HAMSTER running free and heading right for my feet! LOL it was pretty funny! Oh yeah, he escaped in Race 2 as well! apparently he is smarter than I am.

Keith was trying to figure out after a pitstop in practice why the car was understeering horribly and the tires are not getting warm. Wel he apparently forgot to select wet tyres in the pit menu and was running on slick fronts in 65% moisture! he he he.........just proof it can happen to the best of them.

So this week my call sign is "Hamster Hunter" and Keith is "Wet slicks!"

Might be time to start a thread explaining how I have annointed several of you with "call signs"

Well that was Fun !

Made a big mistake in Race 1 in the audi ss..
Im sorry for those guys that couldnt avoid me .

Race 2 , was reallly a nice race. some great fights.
I managed to defend my position very well..
But some strategic pushes made me passable
But i seem to be just a little bit to slow, dropped down to 5th.

This was Fun guys. !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years