Alright when was that again.....?

San Marino gave Italy two
Luxembourg gave Germany two
Pacific gave Japan two
European gave UK and Spain two
plus a bunch I cant remember off the top of my head.
A rule paid very little reverence.
That opens the possibility to have a GP at Zandvoort and Assen!:D So people in my country can finally stop the discussion about that and tickets will be sold out easily for both because of the ‘Orange Army’.:p

And here I thought F1 was suppose to be learning from past mistakes...this smells like Caesar's Palace GP all over again.

I was actually getting excited about getting an F1 race I might actually be able to afford going to, but now I don't know. Then again, this is for 2021 so I'd be curious to see and hear the new cars in person.

Hand palm to forehead really ,really hard ! no where in that location can you place any type of boat unless its on a trailer . The track would be 75% in the stadium parking lot. Lets just bring out the go carts and bypass the hand shake!

What a great idea! :p On Gmaps there actually is a Go Kart track laid out in the bottom right section of the course in a parking lot. Every year they could have the Go Kart GP round where all the karts are identical. No sponsors, no strategists. Just F1 drivers racing Go Karts. I'm joking because I know it's not possible, but I also want this to happen now.

The greenies don't like people to fly , It kills the planet , The VIPs will have to arrive and leave by boat.

This is Greta's fault. I wonder if her attitude about powered vehicles will change when she's old enough to operate them. :p

Two different tracks in the same country but not held in the same year,or as for San Marino is a small principality I believe so thats why Monza is the Italian GP and San Merino is (was) the San Marino GP, I think that was what it was about when I heard or read it somewhere, someone wanted to know why Italy had 2 GPs a year. Probably more to do with WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP status , sounds better with a county name in the title, they cant call both races USA GP. Like when they were thinking of dropping Hockenhime for another German track why not both. Or the year they dropped Silverstone for Donington in 93, but at the end of the day they can have them anywhere were people want them. I'm sure they don't think of themselves as a charity fun run. Follow the money.
All of those were held in the same year many times. And San Marino is like 100KM away from Imola.

Also, Nurburgring alternated between being the European GP, and the Luxembourg GP(when there was another European GP on the calendar for that year, i.e. Jerez 97).

Never been a fan of street racing but it has advantages. The real tracks that are permanent are often in the middle of the country with no infrastructure for a GP. (Accommodation, food, hospitality) So City's have Hotels Restaurants in place for tourism and residents. Even closed roads for street festivals like in Montreal. So its less for the teams to travel with. A team like Ferrari could book hotel and do all the stuff they do from the communication center with fans in a hotel with a convention hall. A fan staying at another hotel could drop by to another Hotel to meet drivers or teams. This will drastically reduce the amount of staff needed for the teams to travel. As you are out sourcing to the hotel catering and accommodation. Feeding the economy of the city and helping it host future events. As a large chunk of the money is going into the city. You have to deduct money spent on event so the city will have to have to maintain a profit margin to keep them out the red. So it cuts costs for teams. The amount of people and equipment a team sends to a race is insane.

At the end of the day, the only rule they're going to have is to send the races where the money is. You can already see this in action right now, with races in (and scheduled for) countries that have no real racing history behind them
I must say I never was a big fan of the whole "these countries have no racing history behind them" line of thinking. No country had a GP history until people started hosting GPs there :p.Just becuase Vietnam only now has the money to organize such events doesn't mean they should never have the oppertunity.

Making "racing history" a big factor in decision making is what is keeping Monaco in the sport against any and all reason. And racing has always been where the money is, it's just that when GPs first started, we had colonialism: All the money was going to a few big countries.

Still waiting for the great day in Formula 1 when Mugello gets added to F1.

So many crappy tracks on the F1 calendar (or tracks that are good but too small for F1 cars like Zandvoort).

EDIT: let me correct that. I honestly don't think there's such thing as a bad track; they're all good, interesting, and challenging in their own ways. What I meant by "crappy" is how a track suits a race of a particular type of car. There are so many tracks in F1 that just don't suit an F1 race (even if they may be amazing to hot-lap on like, for eg., Monaco).

Last edited:
CSpxHleWEAAK-fM.jpg

Lol, looks like it's already on life support. Chances of this race happening are about zero, it seems. As excited as I was by the prospect, this is consistent with my initial instinctual reaction.

A raft of big name drivers have registered interest in taking part in the first ever 'Extreme E' electric SUV off-road racing series.

Developed with the intention of bringing racing to the most remote parts of the world, whilst highlighting environment impact and change in a sustainable way, Extreme E is a brand new initiative by the people who brought Formula E into the world nearly six years ago - and already the new category can boast some impressive names from all around the world of international motorsport.

Extreme E Drivers 4.jpg

With the first race of the new concept yet to take place, the series recently opened their 'Driver Development Process', where prospective entrants can register interest in participating in the series once the first event gets the green light in the near future.

Already the series has plenty of established drivers looking to give this impressive initative a try. The second group of inductees into the programme includes; the first British competitor to win the Dakar Rally, Sam Sunderland; sportscar and DTM star Loïc Duval; former Formula E and Formula 1 driver Karun Chandhok; young British single-seater racer Billy Monger; ABB FIA Formula E racers Jérôme d'Ambrosio, Daniel Abt, Antonio Felix da Costa, and Oliver Turvey; Japanese superbiker Takuma Aoki; GT driver James Rossiter; European Rally Champion Chris Ingram, and Hungarian rallycross and rallying heroes Krisztián Szabó and Zoltán Bessenyey.

These are the second group of inductees since the programme launched back in September, and join such names as Bruno Senna, WRX stars Kevin and Timmy Hansen, DTM star Timo Scheider, Seb Ogier of World Rally Championship fame, inaugural W Series Champion Jamie Chadwick and several other established stars from the motorsport world.

For more information on Extreme E, check out the series website HERE.

(Electric) Motorsport is AWESOME!

Extreme E Drivers 3.jpg
Extreme E Drivers 2.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years