Alright when was that again.....?

I don't see any sign up there saying that only discussions related to wheels and engines are allowed. And don't think that we don't see what you're doing right now.
We managed to keep the discussion quite clean and civil, and here you are calling everyone racist and toxic and even accusing RD for supporting it. It's like calling RD racist and hostile. DUH.
At this point yeah i think this thread should be locked because you're trying to stir things up, like you BLM supporters always do.
That's all from me. Peace.

Well said.

I don't think people object to equal rights or abolishing racism, people object to having a load of BS shoved down their throats. Supposedly in the US (if you believe the media and BLM) police execution squads are going round killing people as a general trend. Take your paragraph above about black on black crime. Now google "Expanded homicide data table 6 2018" The first result will take you to the genuine FBI homicide statistics by ethnicity which shows you amongst other things that...

3315 white people were murdered, 514 perpetrators were Black/African American
2925 Black/African American people were murdered, 234 perpetrators were white.

Keep in mind that the black population as you stated is at least 4x smaller than the white population, yet the guilty party in interracial murders is Black/African American more than twice as often.
So who is more responsible for not valuing the lives of others?

Do the same with the 2017 statistics.
The numbers are..

3567 white people were murdered, 576 perpetrators of Black/African American backgrounds.
2970 black people murdered, 264 white perpetrators.

Again, more than 2x the number of interracial murders committed.

Whilst BLM were out lionising George Floyd, a convicted criminal, calling for the police to be defunded, David Dorn was killed - a REAL black hero, and nobody knows his name. In Chicago, whilst police were busy with the protests, the city had its deadliest day ever, with 18 murders of innocent black victims within 24 hours. That's what the American inner cities will look like with less police. If BLM focussed on this, the real issue, instead of ignoring it and blaming whites or the system, then more people would take it seriously and be onboard with it. Black lives matter of course, but that should start in black communities.
Not to make the bads cops look better, but a police officer gets killed in the US roughly once every other day.. Imagine being on the force for 10 years. How many colleagues you seen or heard about that never returned home, or not as the person they used to be. Thats more than a 1000 in a decade.
Every car window you open can be a live threatening situation within a split second.
Everybody there can be a potential armed villian, the US can kill it self 10 times with all the stockpiles of arms and ammunition almost freely available there in unlimited amounts.

again An opinion or political things should not be promoted in sports, people watch that so they can relax and enjoy life, get away from the stress and bullshit from the daily routine.
Unfortunately a certain group found out they can manipulate big business (sports included) with some stuff. "Won't you say or do something about x? Then you are xphobic or xracist" etc. They found the perfect formula and this is starting to get into simracing too. And most of the PR guys in these business are part of the mass. So we may have to get used to it for a while.
Ofc the ones pushing the strings behind all this are the same people the manipulated mass protest against on streets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I never said this look isn't good for you, I just said that this conversation has LITERALLY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS WEBSITE.

If the members of this site are so hostile to the colour of a car and can say some really horrible things on a public forum it has everything to do with this site. And it should be open to the world to see what the community thinks and how RD stands by. There's too many offensive posts to even report.

This site has sponsors. If you like and value this site you should consider they'll have a harder time doing that without that money if you post or support racism. They're also trying to build a community. Do you want others to join? What kind of folks do you want them to be? You may not find offensive but a lot of folks do and right now not a lot of sponsors care to be associated with the freedom to promote hate. it's not a threat Turbo86. It's life. Racism hip anymore.

You wanna know why I don't join events or support the site with some more $$$? because it's not inclusive. it's not a safe space. and there's no reason it shouldn't be safe and good other than the same old reasons like "this is no place to deal with racism" and "there's no racism"!

I don't see any sign up there saying that only discussions related to wheels and engines are allowed. And don't think that we don't see what you're doing right now.
We managed to keep the discussion quite clean and civil, and here you are calling everyone racist and toxic and even accusing RD for supporting it. It's like calling RD racist and hostile. DUH.
At this point yeah i think this thread should be locked because you're trying to stir things up, like you BLM supporters always do.
That's all from me. Peace.
This is going to be my last post in this thread because the arguing keeps going back and forth and nothing good is coming of it.

turbo86, I never said anything about the RD staff besides requesting for them to lock the thread. Also you don't have the right to say whatever you want without being criticized. And you can't complain about being called racist when you and others keep making theories and heavily insulting movements like BLM the way you are. Also you weren't being exactly civil either even if you were trying to as you and others were making many insensitive comments that were upsetting people such as the person quoted below
@Paul Jeffrey @Paul Glover please just lock the thread. I was happy when I saw the livery this morning, but I KNEW this would happen...

• I'm tired of people not understanding why we would "dare" to stand up for our right to live a peaceful life.
  • I'm tired of having to explain to ignorant people of all races why this matters.
  • I'm tired of explaining that we are not saying "ONLY black lives matter".
  • I'm tired of being another thing to poke fun at (Oh so do we paint <"random thing or person> black too?") since sarcasm is the only reaction some people choose to give and not a helping hand.
  • I'm tired of people who talk up a storm on how this is NOT the proper way to end racism...like there's a manual for this crap. "Dear Black people: once again, you're doing it all wrong..."
  • I'm tired of the tired rhetoric of "just work on it with the people around you and it will change over time"...500 years later....
  • I'm tired of the "Oh look, Lewis <or any other rich minority> managed to be successful, so just do it!"...not realising that they were the exceptions that defied the system.
  • I'm tired of all the "...but what about..." people, who think "everything must be perfectly aligned to be a credible platform...no company, country or person should dare say anything about injustice if they don't have a squeaky clean history...and even then, they must mention ALL INJUSTICES. EVER."

Those of you who can't get behind the global movement towards tolerance and can't see what's more obvious than it's ever been throughout history: .we're tired of doing things your way and for the first time in history, we have evidence of all the BS we go through.

We protest in the streets for a few weeks, but we also get killed/abused/raped/robbed/imprisoned for CENTURIES by people who think more about their dogs and cats than us...and now #BlackLivesMatter ARE THE TERRORISTS?!?!

See this? I'm not the only one here who has a problem with what is being said.

Last edited:
So are all other teams expected to paint their cars black, in order to follow Mercedes' lead, if it is deemed that Mercedes are 'sending a message to the rest of the paddock'.

What about other ethnic minorities other than Blacks, are they also not part of this whole racism issue? I'm sure it is more than just a Black and White issue.

If black cars are the future to sending out a message against racism, then Henry Ford was a genius.

Henry Ford was a big Nazi fan, apparently all Ford car sales money made in Germany prior to the Nazi party being elected to power was donated to the party, as well as Henry giving his mate Adolf a wad of cash for his birthday, was even awarded a medal from his mate for his contributions and support for the party. When the U.S.A declared war he severed ties and went into making aircraft for the America.
They tend to keep stuff like that quiet.

I am honestly taken back by some of the comments in here. If your first thought was anything race related about this car, congratulations, you're a racist. My first thought was "Oh look an AMG". AMG launch cars from what I remember were always black or the most popular color for an AMG.

By the way, it is their company. They pay the bills, they can do whatever they like.

Black is beatifull, especially on a racecar. But I hope their cooling can cope with the higher heat that might be generated on sunny days at high altitudes. Much less energy gets reflected.
As Mercedes had troubles before with their cooling due to the tight package they run.
So back on topic...

I am honestly taken back by some of the comments in here. If your first thought was anything race related about this car, congratulations, you're a racist. My first thought was "Oh look an AMG". AMG launch cars from what I remember were always black or the most popular color for an AMG.

By the way, it is their company. They pay the bills, they can do whatever they like.
Did you read the tweet or just looked at the car and decided to comment?

True. I think codies already said they weren't going to include the one off tracks though unfortunately.
Henry Ford was a big Nazi fan, apparently all Ford car sales money made in Germany prior to the Nazi party being elected to power was donated to the party, as well as Henry giving his mate Adolf a wad of cash for his birthday, was even awarded a medal from his mate for his contributions and support for the party. When the U.S.A declared war he severed ties and went into making aircraft for the America.
They tend to keep stuff like that quiet.

There were many important Americans who were Nazi sympathizers before the war. Ford and Charles Lindbergh come to mind. And since I’m Canadian, I should point out that many important Canadians were also anti-semites, including Mackenzie King, our Prime Minister at the time. And let’s not forget, in the UK, Oswald Mosley, the father of former FIA president Max Mosley.

The AMG Mercedes team have revealed a new livery ahead of Formula One restarting in Austria, showcasing a striking black design as opposed to the traditional silver arrow of recent seasons.

Becoming the second team to revise their livery ahead of the new season, following on from Williams losing title sponsor ROKiT (ironically, likely to be heading to Mercedes), the freshly designed styling is indeed a welcome departure from the standard silver livery that has adorned the Mercedes cars in one form or another since their return to Grand Prix racing for the 2010 season.

No doubt Codemasters will be annoyed, with the Mercedes and Williams announcement of the last few days the upcoming F1 2020 video game, set to release on July 10th, is already set to be out of date from a design perspective before it even releases!

If you love Grand Prix racing, and want to chat about it with your fellow enthusiasts - head over to the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a new thread up and in the wild!

View attachment 384717
Its Beautiful.

image.jpg

McLaren are the latest team to unveil a new look for the season opening Austrian Grand Prix as they embrace the message of unity, inclusion and anti-racism of Formula 1's #WeRaceAsOne campaign with a new livery.

The papaya cars of Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris will carry new colours with this revised paint job that features the rainbow on the sides of the MCL35, as well as on the halo.

“We fully support Formula 1 on the #WeRaceAsOne campaign as we return to racing,” said CEO Zak Brown.

“Formula 1 and McLaren have a truly worldwide audience, and we recognise that our return to the track is a huge opportunity for our sport to make an impact at a global level, helping those most affected by the Covid-19 crisis and standing together against the blight of racism, as we work steadfastly to build an even stronger culture of diversity, inclusion and equality in our team and our sport,” he added.

The Woking squad said that the rainbow would be featured on the cars as "a universal symbol of unity, solidarity and hope, while recognising those key workers putting their lives at risk to save others."

They will also give all profits from a special range of merchandise to the #WeRaceAsOne campaign, as well as charities across the world helping those recover from the Covid-19 pandemic.

McLaren aren't the only team to sport a new livery to promote the push for diversity and inclusion in Formula 1 as Mercedes announced a stunning new black paint scheme for the 2020 season to draw attention to the ongoing struggle for racial equality, while their W11 contender will feature the rainbow symbol on its wing mirrors.

“We want to build a legacy that goes beyond sport, and if we can be the leaders and can start building more diversity within our own business, it will send such a strong message and give others the confidence to begin a dialogue about how they can implement change," said six-time champion Lewis Hamilton after Mercedes revealed their new livery.

image.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing