Alright when was that again.....?

ncA3qcr.png

Gasly consistently outshined Ocon throughout last season. Gasly didn't have the ability to handle the RB19 and I don't think he'd do better a second time around. He doesn't have the ability to get that car in the top 5, but I still put him ahead of Ocon. I do believe Ocon's career hinges on this season. He's had some bad luck, but the name of the game is consistentcy. There's a seat waiting for Ghuanyu Zho (first of many screwups of his first name) after this season, I guarantee it. The money is on Alonso being a one-year placeholder, but I'm not too sure.

I'm not sure I like the colour on this one. I was expecting more towards the traditonal racing green. Perhaps it's just the renderings but this looks to be more on the side of teal similar to what we saw on the mercedes in the early teens.

Last edited:
GP2 Engine!:p
Alpine livery looks amazing, maybe that will make them faster:D
Merc looks simple and probably faster and too good for everyone else except for the printers:(

Glad to hear FA is on the road to recovery, hopefully the car performs as well as it looks as it would be a shame to see it muddled in mediocrity.
It's sad for FA because Ocon is without a doubt for me the worst french driver but he has, despite what he says, the strongest political support.

Ricciardo has run far away from Renault and Abitbul has been fired probably because he has been loyal with Ricciardo. Ricciardo has always been in front of Ocon and it was not planned to be like that.

They will put FA behind Ocon in order to make Ocon bigger.

I think that FA has understood this recently, but it's too late.

He should run far away from Renault at first occasion.

Last edited:
This thread is about

Mercedes and Alpine Launch

right?

And not about Ferrari . Right ?
:) Looking at the thumbnail on the right, it says F1|Mercedes and Alpine Launch 2021 challengers. ((the topic itself seems to be off topic since the Mercs are decidedly NOT challengers but defacto winners already.))
but the F1 would seem to allow 'some' latitude. However, I do understand your point and will behave.

When the Mclaren was released, we were flooded with comments about how loooonnnnng it appeared. What about the Merc? The Ren...I mean Alpine? One would assume they have very similar dimensions due to the same equipment required by all the cars. Are these luxo-yachts as well?

The only thing I don't like with this one is the shade of green...or is this even green? Browsing through their car configurator and viewing their available colors, I don't think what we call traditional racing green (dark pine green) is even available to Aston Martin. Might be a Jaguar-only thing and I seriously doubt they'll approve. This color (something called Ocellus Teal I guess) may be as close as Aston Martin can get to that color since their only colors labeled with the word green in them is more metallic than green. The ideal thing to do is to use the same shade of silver used by the DB5 since they should own the color obviously. After all, Mercedes isn't using silver now since it seems they hate that color...or is it just Hamilton that hates silver?

In short, teal isn't green, but that may be as close as it can get. Just tell the truth and paint it silver already. I think we fans will understand.

And remember: pine green is for JAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGSS, silver is for Aston Martins.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.3%