Alright when was that again.....?

The Merc is horrid, and a crime against livery designers!

The Alpine is magnificent, bar a few minor inconsistencies between the black and blue on the sidepod.

edit: to clarify, the merc looks fine from the front, and i like the black, but that horrible silver fade thing on the back ruins it. There are also way better ways to integrate the red Ineos!

Last edited:
The Merc is horrid, and a crime against livery designers!

The Alpine is magnificent, bar a few minor inconsistencies between the black and blue on the sidepod.

The video I saw had matching blue body under lighting shinning off the ground. I'm not sure why. It looked pretty good, but extra weight and power draw would probably never make it on to an F1 car.

Last edited:
The Alpine is the most beautiful livery I've seen in a long, long time. I was always a fan of the Ligier/Prost blue liveries and the Alpine reminds me of these. It also looks a lot like a car from the Michel Vaillant comic books! :)

The Merc is a mess and looks like it was done by an intern at the last minute. Teal, black, silver and red? Urgh. :sick:

I have high hopes for the Aston Martin tomorrow.

While F1 is still and always will be my favorite type of racing, it seems my fellow Americans are slowly (along with the FIA) destroying the sport I love. In 5 years we might be looking at Formula School Bus with the size and rate these things are expanding at. Probably be using flower power from the hippie generation as well.
Can't wait for a return to this size with a V-10:
ferr-mschu-2001-2.jpg

And of course proper gird walks before the race:
Bavarian Pit Babes.jpg

Yes I'm old and old school and not the least bit pc, but I like what I like;):cool:

Cheers from the
Damn Yankee.jpg

Last edited:
From what I can see here the two cars represent two different messages, both seemingly intentional.

Alpine's livery is indeed full of French pride from the tricolor on the nose and sides behind the big A and the current shade of French blue. It has both Alpine and Renault decaled on the car in plain sight. This is a livery that says "I'm French, and I'm proud of it. Team issues be damned!"

Mercedes' livery is almost the opposite. I say almost because of the silver in the back with the AMG logos in the scattered pattern behind the number, replacing the stars. Don't worry, Lauda's red star is still there behind the cockpit. The black on the car it seems, I could be wrong, could be potentially (underline for emphasis) seen as either in conflict with, or trying to erase, the silver on the car. It seems that the expectedly most dominant car of next season seems to have a forced desire not to take pride in being a Mercedes. Something else to potentially blame Hamilton for, I guess.

Two different cars. One that should look proud doesn't, the other that has less reasons to be proud is more proud than the other. One hates its origins, or is told to hate its origins. The other makes it known to all its pride in its own origins.

Again, I could be wrong here.

it seems my fellow Americans are slowly (along with the FIA) destroying the sport I love.
A polite word of advice: don't be so quick to blame your fellow neighbors in America for the destruction of F1, or for that matter any sport. This is more of an ideological problem found worldwide than a national problem confined to one nation or another. I too want the return of bigger engines and the grid girls.

But for now, be thankful for what we do have. Those that have done the damage so far won't stop until there is no sport, period. Why? Because any and all sports show inequality. Always have.

Enough of this, though. This is a motorsport forum, not one for any given ideology. Let's try to get back on topic soon.

You do research, scout the designated spot and plan your route on foot through forest and what not. Its pretty easy to get a good spot without paying the rediculous ticket prices we pay here.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%