Alright when was that again.....?

Oh no, that was the very first paragraph:

"The Mercedes in which Lewis Hamilton will bid for an eighth drivers' title has retained the team's black anti-racism livery for a second season. "

"Hamilton, who was knighted in the New Year Honours, said the car's colour scheme reflected his wider goals, which now go beyond merely succeeding on track."

:rolleyes:

both Mercedes

mercedes-amg-f1-w12-1.jpg

and Alpine
alpine-a521-1.jpg

are beautiful :inlove:

And with Alpine we finally have something different than last year :geek:

I literally love everything about this. The silver remains a nod to the past while the black symbolizes an all-important message in our present. As a lover of all things Lotus, the what-the-hell-is-red-doing-there reminds me of Kimi and Grosjean in younger times. The AMG pattern is assertive. It feels like a proper nod to a great era for Merc before things begin to change.

Being from America I am not really familiar with the alpine brand, are they primarily a higher performance manufacturer like a jaguar or Aston martin? All of that aside it's a great livery.

The Mercedes AMG team and newly rebranded Alpine F1 outfit have both revealed their latest Grand Prix machines ahead of the new season, joining the likes of McLaren, AlphaTauri and Alfa Romeo with their new car reveals.

Starting with the dominant team of the turbo hybrid era, Mercedes were first to lift the wraps off their new machine with the reveal of the new W12 earlier this morning, showing off the car the team hope will carry Lewis Hamilton to his record 8th World Championship success this season.

M256874.jpg

Featuring a revised black livery in similar fashion to the one used during the majority of 2020, Mercedes claim to have made significant improvements for the new car, having started development early thanks to the commanding position they enjoyed during the majority of 2020.

“Every year we reset our focus and define the right objectives,” said Toto Wolff. “That may sound simple but it’s damn hard and is probably why there are no sports teams out there with seven consecutive titles. So many things can happen and it’s very natural to get used to success, and therefore not fight as hard for it.
“But this team has not shown any of that. I see the same fire, hunger and passion now as I did the first time I walked through the doors in 2013. Every season presents a new challenge and therefore, a new goal for us to achieve. 2021 brings changes to the regulations, which could impact our competitiveness, plus the cost cap and working on the major rule changes of 2022. These challenges excite us.”

M256877.jpg

Tuesday would represent something of a bonus day of new car launches for Formula One fans, with the newly rebranded Alpine F1 Team (formally Renault Sport) revealing the first car of the new era from the French outfit - complete with new signing Davide Brivio of MotoGP Suzuki fame, in his new role of Sporting Director following the departure of Cyril Abiteboul at the end of last season.

Apline will of course be fielding the returning Fernando Alonso these next two seasons, however the Spanish superstar would be absent from the launch today, as the 39-year-old continues his preparations following recent surgery on a jaw injury sustained in a bike collision with a road car last month.

F1 Header.jpg
Alpine F1 2.jpg

Eve_EyEXUAEpJbH.jpg

Exciting times for Formula One fans continue, with just Red Bull, Haas, Aston Martin, Williams and Ferrari left to show their cards ahead of pre-season testing later this month.

Alpine F1 4.jpg

M256875.jpg

Last edited:
Britain is now a total nightmare for rally fans on most events, in the forests you can still usually find a spot on your own without tickets, but you could also d this without a problem on single venue events, but insurance has now made that next to pointless, you are herded into awful locations.

Ireland was a hotbed, but insurance has also really impacted events there.

The sad part is circuit based rallies, which are basically only sprints run as rallies are getting bigger, these are not real rallies, no rough, on perfect roads, and most are on Palmers tracks where he makes damn sure you won't touch his grass, like putting in tyres, chicanes, etc to damage your car if you do.

Plus point is that closed road rallies are now allowed and in recent years a few have been good, and more will follow. But again you are herded into special areas, insurance means you cant go where you want. Unless you know someone or live nearby.

Being from America I am not really familiar with the alpine brand, are they primarily a higher performance manufacturer like a jaguar or Aston martin? All of that aside it's a great livery.
Alpine was the original name for Renault's racing division waaaay back before we were all alive I think. Renault actually receives funding from the French government, so this is sort of like going back to the roots.

Alpine is just gorgeous, that blue looks electric and alive, and the whole car looks like a fast French flag! The Merc looks crowded, the AMG all over the back has a weird look to it, the number looks really messy over the AMGs, the mix of white, red, black and blue doesn't work etc. Last years car was one of (if not the best) looking Mercedes F1 car ever, this one is the worst since the primer gray MGP W01 of 2010.

Last edited:
I like the changes to the Merc. I really love the colorful-ness of the Alpine. (Is that even a word?) However, I will reserve my decision for favorite until I see the Aston Martin in green. Don't expect anything special from Haas, Ferrari, or Williams, unless Dorilton seek to spice it up a bit. Their parent company seems to have a black and gold logo, so who knows.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%