Upcoming Events

Join TCR Virtual today! AC events on Simracing.GP ACC events on Simracing.GP Weekly rFactor 2 events
When the Mclaren was released, we were flooded with comments about how loooonnnnng it appeared. What about the Merc? The Ren...I mean Alpine? One would assume they have very similar dimensions due to the same equipment required by all the cars. Are these luxo-yachts as well?

No, those two remind us of hatchbacks. The McLaren was too long, looked ridiciulous like a stretch-limo.

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Solutions
You guys don't deliver. Aston and Haas already launched their cars, yet no new article on RD.
True, true, true. Can I ask you guys to help us out instead? If you see news that we miss out of: climb in your pen, type a great article and send me a pm with a link to it and ill make sure it gets featured on the frontpage.

That we are currently slow on news means we have other stuff to do that is more important at the moment but take my promiss that will improve soon again and make you all proud. We are only a small team running a very very very big site where a lot of stuff happens and I can only beg for a little patience.

So if you wish to help, please do so and start creating unique and cool content and ill make sure the world reads it :)

Deal?

I quite like both of these. Mercedes like usual not really deviating from their standard ideas but looking clean and sharp with the changes. Not a fan of the AMG spam. I think the Lauda star could have been places better as its somewhat hidden behind the halo mount. The Alpine is my favorite so far. It's typical alpine. Don't really like the red Mapre on the tub.

I quite like both of these. Mercedes like usual not really deviating from their standard ideas but looking clean and sharp with the changes. Not a fan of the AMG spam. I think the Lauda star could have been places better as its somewhat hidden behind the halo mount. The Alpine is my favorite so far. It's typical alpine. Don't really like the red Mapre on the tub.
To me, the Lauda star location makes sense. If you look at cars in any form of motorsport that have tribute decals to drivers or other figures that passed on, they usually a) aren't that large, and b) usually are near the cockpit entrance. Think of the #29 Chevy Kevin Harvick drove when he was driving for RCR in NASCAR from '01 to '12. Since it was originally Earnhardt's #3, there was always a symbolic small 3 decal behind the 29 on the driver's side under the driver's window. The Lauda star is kind of like that: it may not stand out, but you know it's there. And like other such tribute decals, it sort of symbolizes that their spirit remains as sort of a driving force for the team.