rF2 F1 @ Melboune Australia - Sunday 29th March 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there friends

bad race for me the race was on formation lap and have already suspension damage for being put 30 laps race why everybody wants to win on the first

better luck next time
:th_love:

Not sure what happened again. Tip toed round first few corners only to be met by a crash ahead by two racers, that was hard to avoid. Smoked the tyres and just had some minor nose damage. Carried for another two laps until car hit the pit straight and the game decided to crash just like that. For what it was it was good just not enough of it. oh well................

Lot's of up and downs tonight, mainly from server cock ups. When the race finally got going I had lost sound again and decided to continue anyway. About halfway round lap one I overcooked it not being able to hear how high my engine was revving and spun and was thrown back across the track and took out a Toro Rosso. I had wait until I was stopped to go back to garage out of the way but before this could happen more cars had joined in the incident.

Sorry to those that couldn't avoid it. And sorry to the guy I clipped on the formation lap in the Williams, I lost sight of you in the clouds of smoke you kept making when braking and didn't see you. Don't think I hit hard enough to damage you because my car was fine, but sorry anyway.

• Steve Parker

Same Nuno,Somebody spun and took 3 of us out:shock:has no chance of avoiding it,hope last longer next week:damnit:

Not great, car seemed to have all its grip removed in the race - spun a few times and the tyres were shot after about 8 laps. Ended up pitting, then spun on new tyres with almost no throttle on - that pissed me off so i left. :pissed-off:

Tyre theory 101

'The sidewall of an F1 racing tire is fairly stiff, so if tire pressure is low, the tire tends to bulge in
the sides (where it begins to bare the static weight of the car) and pull the middle of the treads crown
inward towards the wheel rim. In this condition, the outside edges heat up more than the inside since
they’re contacting the road more than the center. Likewise, if the tire is over-inflated, the middle of the
tires crown will protrude outward further than its two edges. In either case, if the tire is not flat against the
track, the point that impacts greatest will generate higher temperatures under increased friction. The result
is less grip, more wear.
'

'Here’s a side note: higher tire temps are caused when
the springs/damper combinations don’t absorb enough energy and the resulting weight transfer is deflected
directly into the tire. This will become more critical in adapting this to a race setup.'

I will attempt to upload the guide to the rFactor download section.

yup great race! practice went well, quali even better. brought it home 6th from 9th place so happy bunny. now to get ready for a new car... ahem... lucky dip picked me heidfeld again! ;)

well done to all the finishers and to everyone well done on a good formation lap.

What a race, very cool :)

The night started messy with the server suddenly gone and after the re-start of server again disconnects after quali.
Luckily some of you stayed and rejoined. Hope I did the grid order right.

Then the start was ok, but not ok... Just as expected in T1, like in normal Formula 1.
I had to avoid big collision and therefor lost speed. Cars could easily pass me after T1 and also were going through the grass. Then when settled I was from 4th to 8th place after T1.
Slowly I could close in and pass till I reached 4th place again.

The rest was just a matter of avoiding collisions from other spinning cars and doing the pitstop right. The fuel consumption looks higher then normal and I adjusted the fuel, but in the end I had plenty of it :) haha. 15 L left after race.
Grats to Tim for the Win and Ben for 2nd place. I finished 3rd.
Also grats for everyone finishing this race; it was difficult.

Hope to see most of you next week as we fly all the way to Malysia. I have a new contract btw. Signed up by Honda just in case they magically would be the top team in 2 years.

Download link to server replay and resultfile. If someone wants to create a autosim analyzer thing, welcome :)

PS. I have an idea to create flexible frontwings on the Toyota, maybe i can somewhat make this happen for my old team in two years. They could benefit from it.

Game crashed after qualy as some others too ? and my pole was gone lol

But thanks Gott (Ramon:)) I get my pole back :)

Start was good but silly me was not closing the inside line and so Tim took P1 into T1. Then I tryed to go his pace and stay close behind. Worked fine 1 sec behind him 13 laps :) Ben also 2-3sec behind me. Was feeling well, setup was great :)
Then no idea what I was doing than... lost my car on the exit of a courner :at-wits-end: like Kimi today LOL :damnit: its so stupid mistake :at-wits-end: :silly:
To hard on throttle for 1 moment and Hello Wall :beat-up:

Grats Tim for victory and all finishers :) :highfive:

Had some major trouble as the server kept kicking me out due to "Car collision mismatch". Had to reinstall mod during qualify, and managed to make the grid. Started all the way back and had to avoid some accidentson the first lap. Thought i came through clean, but the car was all over the place. Pitted on second lap and managed to go to lap 13 before i lost the rear and destroyed the front of my car. That was the end of it... But I stayed and got to see some great racing.

Congrats to Tim for the win. You showed some consistent racing tonight :)
Looking forward to the next race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years