Sounds F1 Sounds Megapack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACFAN

SHR Modding
ACFAN submitted a new resource:

F1 Megapack - All F1 manufactures' engine sounds for RSS Formula Hybrid and SF70-H

SHR Modding (ACFAN) is proud to present the F1 Megapack for Assetto Corsa!

What's included:
V6 Turbo Hybrid sounds for all four F1 engine manufacturers, for all RSS Hybrid cars from 2017 to the latest Hybrid X, as well as the Kunos Ferrari SF70-H.

How to install:

Preview:
0:00 Ferrari
4:05 Renault...

Read more about this resource...

This is awesome. I've been waiting for someone to execute the sounds for such a long time. One thing though, during the downshifts the sounds keep getting cut: like an awkward cut in the audio and doesn't sound as smooth like in the video. Did I install it wrongly? I copied and pasted it.

I made versions of the FH20 similar to what you did to have more accurate sounds for each team (AC Car Tuner) but for some reason the Merc and Honda cars are silent when I put them up against others @ACFAN

this is odd. this never happened with me. did you copy the relevant merc or honda sounds to the original 2020 from my megapack before you made the tune for that specific car?

This is odd. I’ll try to replicate the issue tonight

edit: i couldnt replicate the issue because car tuner keeps showing errors. but i'll be doing a tutorial of how to clone manually which is the proper way, so stay tuned for that, i'll post it in here too.

edit 2: i re cloned the cars manually and am experiencing similar issues to you. not sure why it is. all sound files are named differently.

except, on my pc the renault and merc sounds are fine, doesnt matter what car you choose, but the ferrari or honda, i have to have either of them installed on the original 2020 to make them work on the upgrades. i've even tried making the 'upgrades' standalone cars in and of themselves but this has no effect.

so strange. no video then until i can find a solution

Last edited:
@ACFAN Agreed about the quality of the real onboard. every since they added the second mic, the quality has been all over the place and worse sometimes. Like in Free practice today, the Ferraris were really quiet and I could only hear the 2nd mic audio which is the gearbox sounds.

I got some more feedback if that's alright, as I'm a big audio enthusiast. Most are too quiet and muffled as I said earlier. I know you said you wanted to replicate what the driver hears but I do prefer them to be a bit more clear like the default RSS sounds. I think but the downshifts are really nice for all. Also, they are missing some transmission sound or whine especially the Renault.

Mercedes: best one all around no complaints

Ferrari: pretty good but this is the most muffled sound but I understand, Ferrari audio has been really bad the past year.

Renault: really good downshifts and low RPM but the high RPM gets really quiet for some reason. Also missing that transmission whine. The onboard audio quality for Renault in the Austria FP today was pretty good IMO and could be a could source.

Honda: Needs a bit more of the growl when off throttle. Also, the on throttle engine sound is quiet but also a little indistinguishable and flat from my end at least.

That's just my thoughts, but awesome job anyway. I'm using your sounds exclusively now for the RSS 2020 Hybrid.

Rimouski said:
Use lachlan's tutorial to create a grid with all sounds. You only need to replace the car's folder names in the GUIDs files. Works like a charm.

ACFAN said:
I did that but I did it through the replace sound option in content manager. Seems like doing it that way results in some dead sounds. I’ll try it manually and see
Replying here, since I can no longer do so in the "Reviews" section.

rssA1.jpg

How to Use All Sounds for One Grid:
  1. "Create New Tune" for the appropriate car in the Assetto Corsa Car Tuner
  2. This creates a new version of the car in "\assettocorsa\content\cars\"
    • In my case, they're named "rss_formula_hybrid_2020_Mercedes", "rss_formula_hybrid_2020_Ferrari", etc.
  3. Manually copy the desired soundbank and GUID file into the new version
  4. Open the newly copied GUID file and replace all instances of "rss_formula_hybrid_2020" (the original name) with "rss_formula_hybrid_2020_Mercedes" (tune)
    • Use the "Replace" feature to save yourself from tears.
  5. Do the same for other versions (tunes)

Last edited:
Thx ... Sounds great. It would be even bettert if we could duplicate the same car for example the 2020 and create instances with the different sounds rather than racing 2018 against 2019 against 2020. Can anyone help explain how to do that that ? My attemps have failed, I get this error with AC Car Tuner:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
at GUI.GUI.getDataForBasic()
at GUI.GUI.selectTune_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedItem(Object value)
at GUI.GUI.findItem(ComboBox box, String name)
at GUI.GUI.createNewTune_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Assetto Corsa Car Tuner
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/Assetto%20Corsa%20Car%20Tuner/Assetto%20Corsa%20Car%20Tuner.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline