I like the older tall sidewalls look more. But lets see how they will drive, very likely even moe on rails, but lets see.

IMO F1 cars went progressively downhill on looks department since 1995. This would be the bottom so far. But that is how very quick laptimes looks.
Does anybody really care about laptimes? I mean seriously what would you enjoy watching more, a boring...silent train of moving advertisements going round and round until it's time to put some fast laps and then it's over.....or slower laps but with tons of LOUD action? Overtake after overtake, fierce battles, no bullshit "push to pass" action, no endurance style tire and fuel conservation.

1) I like the cars will have to rely more on its actual suspension for bump compliance.
2) I'm glad that Pirelli forced them into a (slightly) more relevant construction. Could entice more manufacturer involvement.
3) Hate the wheel covers, but like the idea of digital boards in that space. Why not show battery charge level and color code it for regen versus discharge?
4) Product needs to be better though or these are all gimmicks. Cars need to run closer and there needs to be more strategic options.

Does anybody really care about laptimes? I mean seriously what would you enjoy watching more, a boring...silent train of moving advertisements going round and round until it's time to put some fast laps and then it's over.....or slower laps but with tons of LOUD action? Overtake after overtake, fierce battles, no bullshit "push to pass" action, no endurance style tire and fuel conservation.

I would certainly choose the perceivable speed instead of real pace if it is result of cars that are so strict and causes some doubts about some essential racing elements. I certainly would love more unpredictable racing action and slower pace, instead of faster pace and very predictable racing. As Gordon Murray well said - early 60s small F1 cars appears faster than todays F1 cars as they just appear more edgy. Now modern F1 cars already was piloted within very small window of performance, I expect new tires to be even tighter, but that could mean two things - drivers learn to drive in slightly narrower performance window, or drivers will be unable to do that and we will see morefighting with a car handling (which I doubt). I would also remove extra grippy extra soft tires from motorsports, except for very cold days and tracks that doesn't make tires work that much, the tire that is only good for something like 15minutes shouldn't ever be used, I think fuel and tire conservation is necessary. Harder tire - less driving on rails, less rolling resistance, less wear. Less drag from wings - less downforce, less driving on rails and better fuel consumption.

If they want racing, they need to get rid of those wings, go old school.
With wings the air is disturbed too much. I don't know why they are worried about how the tires look, let's go with what has the best lap times.

I think they might be starting to grow on me, but still don't think they look anywhere near as good as a chunky race tyre. It's not a major issue for me though, whatever makes the racing better.

The size dose not make much difference. Unless you paint wheel rims in a coulour other than jet black. Teams will have to work harder on suspension as the current tires act like a shock absorber. So we will hear drivers complain about bums at places like Houston or Montreal. You will feel it more through your body. And some tracks will be painful to drive. But that is the price you pay for driving a 2021 F1 car. Drivers will be running for a massage after the race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back