Girlfriend and me regularly play Planet Zoo together, the latest game of Frontier. We absolutely adore it, especially all the little details and graphics - every animal has tons of animations, pretty much resembling their real life counterparts..every animal even swims like it does in real life. If the graphical fidelity from the F1 manager comes anywhere close, it will be a treat to watch the races over the whole distance - something which is horrible in Football Manager for example.
I am quite optimistic about this :)

It'll probably be a tycoon style of F1 "management". Meaning that you will build your HQ,production facilities,training center,test track,evelopment and research labs,assembly facility etc etc.

It doesn't sound too bad to be honest, but it won't be the F1 "management" most will be expecting. I highly doubt they will get into all the juicy stuff we're interested in, as car guys and F1 fans.

Oh well, i'm not an F1 fan so i might just even like it i guess.

It'll probably be a tycoon style of F1 "management". Meaning that you will build your HQ,production facilities,training center,test track,evelopment and research labs,assembly facility etc etc.

Oh, I hope not. Or, rather... That can be an option, but then you should start in a lower formula.

I already feel that I am going to post a lot in threads about this game. There is one thing I like more than simracing, and that is management-games, especially about motorsport. I still play GPM, GPM2, F1 Manager(ugh) and of course Motorsport Manager on PC and Phone. I would like to play GPW as well,but that is at times more tricky to get to work with newer Windows, and not as many real name mods either.

Used to like management games, it's been a long time however...

It doesn't sound too bad to be honest, but it won't be the F1 "management" most will be expecting. I highly doubt they will get into all the juicy stuff we're interested in, as car guys and F1 fans.

Oh well, i'm not an F1 fan so i might just even like it i guess.

That won't do, it's ok if that's part of it, but i need a "pitwall mode", where i can tell drivers what to do, call them to pit, and watch the race from either onboard or circuit cameras view.

Last edited:
I just hope it's not confined to just F1 but has other real world series (even as DLC) at some point, all in an exciting announcement and they have decent history of making great management style games, although Planet Dinosaurs (Jurassic World Evolution) is limited in a lot of aspects whereas Planet Coaster is totally big and free (not got Planet Zoo yet).

Well, if they do decide to make it a TRUE F1 management game and not just a tycoon, i bet it'll be decent because when these guys make something they stay true to the concept.
For example, Jurassic is like playing the movies. Everything you've seen in the movies is in there. As a game it might not be groundbreaking but it's very true to the concept. Plus, it's rather educational as well.
It's the same thing with their Coaster games and Zoo games. Nothing special but true to the concept and nicely detailed.

I just hope it's not confined to just F1 but has other real world series (even as DLC) at some point, all in an exciting announcement and they have decent history of making great management style games, although Planet Dinosaurs (Jurassic World Evolution) is limited in a lot of aspects whereas Planet Coaster is totally big and free (not got Planet Zoo yet).
I would prefer an option for imaginary open development F1 championship. Different engines, different drivetrains, etc etc. Also, a historic series would be really cool. Managing 60s teams.....with all the tobacco and alcohol involved. That would be fun!

That'll be F2 and F3 then, I guess some (Liberty) won't be too happy to see e.g WEC, IndyCar etc. in the game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 446 39.4%