F1: Jules Bianchi In, Luiz Razia Out At Marussia

Formula One team Marussia announced today that Jules Bianchi will race for the team during the 2013 season after the contract of Luiz Razia has been terminated effective immediately due to funding issues.

Autosport reported that there have been payment issues associated with the contract and that's the reason why Razia has been booted. Although it appears the contract with Bianchi has not been signed yet it is assumed that this is only a formality. An announcement from Marussia is expected very soon.

[source: Autosport]
View the Post on the Blog

Good "decision".

Now at least Bianchi can say "I am driving in F1 and you're not" to FrijnsxD

Over the last few days, I hoped that Jules would get the seat(coming from a Swiss) but my feeling that it would be "Capri-Sun-Medion-Sutil" was right. Not that I hate Sutil that much, but thought it was time for a young gun like Bianchi. Maybe they should have sacked Di Resta instead?xD

Good "decision".

Now at least Bianchi can say "I am driving in F1 and you're not" to FrijnsxD

Over the last few days, I hoped that Jules would get the seat(coming from a Swiss) but my feeling that it would be "Capri-Sun-Medion-Sutil" was right. Not that I hate Sutil that much, but thought it was time for a young gun like Bianchi. Maybe they should have sacked Di Resta instead?xD
Why sack Di Resta ? He's done a solid job and personally I feel he needs a 'breakthrough' year to show his real talent.

It's just... he never really impressed me. Don't get me wrong, he is consistent and doesn't crash too often, but I am missing a breakthrough performance. Di Resta didn't have to struggle as much as Sutil as he joined them when they still were Spyker. And Hülkenberg has already had some indications of good he could be with a faster car, Brazil was just the last moment of what he could be able to do.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%