F1 Italian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Goals before the race: win - RAI, VET, HAM; block Ferrari - BOT; fight with Merc/Ferrari - VER
Failed: RAI, VET
Partially won: HAM with BOT help (it can go to fully won)
Fully won: BOT (fantastic blocking drive), VER (except counting on BOT knowing what to do under braking, like HAM-VET Austria 2018)

If I need to choose between driver that drives slowly in order to block someone and driver that drives wheels of his car to fight with faster cars. Choice is easy :)

Also, of topic but interesting, I don't see how Merc engine is bad if all 6 Merc engined cars finished in the points on pure power track :confused:

Gotta go with Hamilton. He was on point in lap one, using his good start to slightly poke his nose in on Vettel who subsequently got a lukewarm exit out of the first chicane. That and Kimi braking slightly early opened up the opprtunity for the move into La Roggia where Hamilton got the advantage over Vettel who got so shaken up by it he made costly a mistake.

Not being able to get by Kimi at this early stage Hamilton did a good job of keeping in the DRS window but saving his tyres at the same time - a very difficult task. That was critical because it enabled the strategy that eventually won the race - stay out longer, make Kimi use up his tyres with Bottas in front of him and eventually take the lead.

So many things had to be done just right for Hamilton to win - and they were.
That was a very special drive from Hamilton and a very good job from the Mercedes strategy team.

Merc team radio calling Lewis! "You are the man! YOU-ARE-DA-MAN!" :thumbsup:

They forgot to broadcast team radio to Bottas though. I'm imagining they say something like, "You are the beach, YOU-ARE-DA-BEACH!" for being Lewis' "beach" that race... SMH :unsure:

Unbelievable, as of this time both raikkonen and hamilton got 37,9% votes with a total of 103 each, I personally voted raikkonen cause he was the raikkonen of the old times with only disadvantage that he wasn't as fast as 2005 raikkonen would've been, because of age, after all he's now 38.

Vettel with his pace if he were in raikkonen's place would've managed to get some more gap and would've won most likely, but still this race he made yet another mistake and raikkonen did the better job, really a shame he didn't win this, when ever did raikkonen overtake hamilton in recent times apart from this race?

Hamilton I honestly can't say he did a good job, don't even consider this a deserved win considering he had bottas slow raikkonen down and likely wouldn't have overtaken him otherwise, just like ferrari tried with bottas in china and had vettel won I wouldn't have said it was a deserved win ofc, but in that case it didn't work.

Overall I think mercedes was at least as good as ferrari in race pace, definitely I don't buy the inferior car, in qualifying looked like it.

screen277.jpg

:p

Reactions: NDG

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years