F1 | Is Hamilton Past His Prime?

He doesn't care about beating records? Of course he does, like every other driver before who had the potential, chance and ability to do so.
LH has stated that he doesn't care about chasing MS record.
I can only take his word for it, and it wouldn't be a surprise at all if he retires while ahead like MS did :thumbsup:

LH has stated that he doesn't care about chasing MS record.
I can only take his word for it, and it wouldn't be a surprise at all if he retires while ahead like MS did :thumbsup:
You mean when Schumacher retired for the first or second time? He returned because he felt he can still achieve some goals, have more races, have more poles and have more wins eventually. He was proving something to himself and to others all the time. It is essence of the sport, to win and to be the best you can, especially at this level.

It wouldn't be for the first time, Hamilton is saying something else than he actually thinks. It's just an attempt to lower the pressure on himself if anything goes wrong.

I would say yes, he is past his prime but he still is very very close to it. And even though im saying he is just past his prime, I still think he is the most complete driver of the grid due to his unmatched consistency.
Now, why I say he might be slightly past his prime is his qualifying performance in the 2019 season. Lewis has the same amount of pole positions as Bottas and while he still convincingly beat Bottas in the overall quali battle, it is rather surprising that he did not have more pole positions when the car was capable.
But we also have to give big credit to Mercedes obviously, they are creating that dominant car, they are allowing Lewis to win the championship, it is not just the best driver winning, it is also the best team winning.
Max might just be slightly faster in raw pace but Max's driving style is still very immature, he always takes the most aggressive action and unless he has a dominant car and a weaker teammate, I do not see him winning Championships. But history says, the dominant car always wins anyway, so you can kind of question if the driver even matters that much. I mean tell me the last time, somebody not in a dominant car won a championship. We can only be hope that there might not be one dominant car in a season.

His consistency is incredible. I think he can keep up with the rest of the field for several more years.

As an athlete, he also pays attention to his personal health and fitness as well. That is why I believe that he can race competitively until at least his 40s.

Considering the Vegan Sneakers he released, I would say he is on the cutting edge. Soon enough, he will have the human breast milk market cornered in Africa. What's next for the world's fastest man?

Personally I have never liked Hamilton, but as long as he keeps winning GP and championships the question is self answering.

...but in a technical money driven sport there are other factors that determine who has a chance at winning GP and especially championships. Some will never get the chance to show their talents, while others may be overrated. Of course if talent meets money and superior technology - with a little luck sometimes thrown in - you’ll have success.

Still don’t like the guy nor think he’s good for the sports in general, like some champions in the past he’s got the cards stacked in his favor, unfortunately that is part of the package that makes F1 (imo) generally boring. He’s not unique in that sense, it has been like that for at least two decades.

That said there is no mistake he’s very talented, intelligent and of course experienced.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing