F1 | Is Hamilton Past His Prime?

Juan Manuel Fangio was 39 years old when he won his first Grand Prix & 46 when he won his last at the Nurburgring so their might be a few more wins for Hamilton!
Mansell was also 41 years old when he won his last Grand Prix in a more modern F1.

As long as Hamilton keeps up his motivation enjoys the racing & & does not get bored of the travelling & sponsor commitments etc then there is no reason why he would become slower or stop winning.

He is not past his prime. With Motor sport in general the drivers are getting younger and younger. Coming in as mere young boys and retiring from the sport early. Maybe health reasons. Or a desire to start a family with children. So drivers go into other business roles like management. Be it connected to or disconnected from F1 or other forms of racing. If money is made and invested wisely this is easy to do.
But Lewis has not slow'n down and he is in the best team on the grid. He has shown no signs of pressure from Leclerc or Verstapen or any other up and coming driver. 2020 may be the season they break him but i dought it.

Of course he's past his prime, that's determined by his age. Everything about his physical condition WILL deteriorate from now on, even Lewis can't beat the aging process.

BUT the question is will it stop him winning? Probably not for a couple more years at least, as long as his car is competitive. If he keeps going like Valentino Rossi he'll still be able to give the young'uns a fight but winning will be less and less likely as the years go by.
We have a world with healthcare options never available before. And medicines that can expand life and longevity. Vitamin pills and other enhancement stuff. He is the only driver scince Jackie Stewart who claims not to drink alcohol. He is also a vegeterinarian. These choices may enhance his health and limit deterioration of physical functions.

Why do people preface their answer with " I don't like,/never liked/think he is spoiled" BS? Who cares if you like him or not. Who cares if he is in the best car(not). The question was, is he past his prime.?Answer the question. I love domination. Loved Michael Schumacher., Roger Federer, MIchael Jordan, Yankees, Serena Williams, New England Patirots, Lewis Hamilton, UCLA in the 60's and 70"s. If you can't compete, you deserve to lose. Bring it or stay home. The whining is from people who say, " they always win, it's boring". BS. If always winning is boring, try winning every time you do something. Ain't easy is it ?

Are Liverpool overrated this season?

Were Mercedes really the best car of the hybrid era?

Was Usain Bolt really all that?

All of the above were taken from the same book of clickbaity questions.

Yeah, I'm in agreement with most of the comments here, it's a weird question to ask considering he's the world champion. If the question were asked midway through next season with Hamilton not in the points lead, it would seem more appropriate.

I think he'll go on to surpass Schumacher's win total, probably even in the 2020 season. And in all likelihood he'll get get his 7th world title. I'm predicting that's where it ends though. Given the cyclical nature of F1 dominance, Mercedes is due to be overthrown soon. I think Lewis will pass 100 wins in time, but not get his 8th title. But who knows...

If Mercedes can continue their domination, Hamilton will continue his - but if Red Bull can edge ahead or Ferrari can get their act together, Hamilton will not dominate. It's more about the car than whether he's past his prime.

Some more interesting questions:

- Can Williams recover in 2020?
- How good is George Russel really?
- Can Seb find his mojo again?
- Will Renault pull out of F1?
- Is Ricciardo WDC material?

Lewis Hamilton just scored the most points he's ever scored in a season, beating Ferrari when the Scuderia's cars were quicker over a lap; he did so on the basis of consistent speed and supreme tyre management skills -- and let's not forget the engineers, mechanics and strategists in the garage or the people working around the clock back in Brackley.

So is he past his prime as racing driver? No. Is he past his prime as an athlete? As long as his reaction times stay more or less the same (which is entirely possible) and he can keep up his strength and VO2max, he'll be fine driving F1 cars for 3-5 more years.

The real question is: How long does Hamilton *want* to continue in F1? Which conditions would make him walk away? Lewis will likely never tire of clean, competitive racing. The question is when he'll tire of F1 and start racing purely for the joy of it.

Hasn't Lewis won 7 World Championships, equalimg Michael Schumacher...if it was me I would win 1 or 2 more just to cement my dominance in F1 for the history books then retire and try and spend some of the nearly $500 Million in Career earnings...lol:thumbsup:

10 seconds clear of the field, complaining. He's at peak whiner going into 2020.

Eh. Most of the board radios we here from Hamilton are not really "complaining" but so much more him simply reporting the status of his car to his team. I'm not sure why F1 keeps broadcasting it, becuase literally every driver does this.

I suppose it's relevant if Hamilton thinks his car's performance is degrading, but so is everyone else's?

1578854552546.png
Pick 1 :p

Attachments

• 1578854529295.png
    1578854529295.png
    21 KB · Views: 114

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%