Alright when was that again.....?

Yeah it beggars belief that @gallus can turn out the new liveries seemingly within mere hours of them being announced yet the actual developer drags their collective feet for weeks or months before they make them into the game, if at all.
Random modders don't need to submit the liveries to the real license holders for approval, and they also do not need to submit the patches to Microsoft and Sony for approval.

I would like to see the car in that pastel baby blue like the ligiers of old. Its my favorite color. The only blue car is Red Bull and its that dark shade almost black. I like mid tone to light. So it dose not alter due to mutch due to lighting.

Who cares what Billy Broadbent is saying...;)
There is nothing wrong with a little retro for nostalgia. Look at Scuderia Ferrari that liverey has never changed much. Maybe a darker shade of red than in the days of old. Of course i have seen Jimmy on Utube he lives in a shed. He even raced it on nordschleife. You dont get more old school than that.

Has anyone ever used or even seen a gulf service station, or used any of their products? In 30 years of motor vehicling in the UK I've never seen anything other than hats, T-shirts and hoodies with their logo on it. Apart from the sublime race liveries of course.

Gotta stop trying to relive the glory days...it is a good livery, but it had its day. I think the current McLaren livery is one of their most iconic (and may attain "Gulf" status when they get Mercedes Power next year), so no need to change it IMO (I know that's not what the article is saying, but yea)

"Stop putting Gulf livery on modern cars, they look bad!" /J. Broadbent/

I can't remember exact quote, but that's what Jimmy was saying on one of the streams.
To be fair, just the colours look better alone on the car without all the other sponsors and writing on it.
Just clean orange/blue

Hmm.....I think I agree with Broadbent. The colours and livery need certain lines and shapes to work and it just doesn't look right to me. i

It if wasn't 'iconic' and new idea someone came up with for the modern era it'd get binned.

Has anyone ever used or even seen a gulf service station, or used any of their products? In 30 years of motor vehicling in the UK I've never seen anything other than hats, T-shirts and hoodies with their logo on it. Apart from the sublime race liveries of course.

Yeap, I have a Gulf near me and try and fill up there when I need to.

Actually it is the Marigold and Blue 'Gulf' colours, first worn by the JWR Ford GT-40 team, but the original (and correct) Gulf Oil Corporate Colours were dark blue and orange, as on the Grady Davis GT40.
The original 'Gulf' McLaren F1 colours were orange with a couple Gulf decals strategically placed on the car.
;)

Last edited:
This is awesome news IMHO.. Mclaren just keep moving forward and I like them more and more. The car's getting stronger, the driver line-up is great, and the marketing opportunities from getting back together with Gulf are great, as long as you're OK with a bit of nostalgia for the good old days of racing (I am). Great stuff!

p.s. wish they'd be able to sign Russell instead of Ricciardo, but I guess he's waiting for Bottas to leave. I'll take it though!

To be honest....nostalgia and Motorsport belong together like a good wine and cheese;) I like the Martini Liveries and Gulf Liveries and even the Rothman Liveries. Its a shame that the Rothman and Martini Liveries cant be used in Motorsport in a lot of countries nowadays because of alcohol restrictions and smoking restrictions in the Marketing area.

Do you realise where the current Mclaren livery comes from? :rolleyes:

I'm very much aware where the orange came from yes.

Compare the 90's McLaren F1 gulf livery to that more recent Mclaren in the 1st pic. practically a copy of the livery concept.
Now compare Bruce McLaren's liveries from the 60's to the MCL35 from today...

They did a whole lot more than just slap papaya orange onto the entire car. I'm saying going from a car with mostly orange with blue, black and white accents (with the Red & White Huski Chocolate in the back) to a mostly light blue car with an orange stripe down the middle and Gulf on the hood wouldn't look better (again IMO). :rolleyes:

I don't see any similarity with the classic Gulf colors. Blue is completely different and orange is like IN YOUR FACE ORANGE. Nah. Gulf colors are more subtle, pastel shades.

Also, look at the size of that thing. I looked it up and the first thing that came up on google was many comparisons between these and the older cars. They are HUGE. Just the basic material cost for these cars must have doubled. So much for "helping smaller budget teams" there FIA....

Also, look at the size of that thing. I looked it up and the first thing that came up on google was many comparisons between these and the older cars. They are HUGE. Just the basic material cost for these cars must have doubled. So much for "helping smaller budget teams" there FIA....

Then scary thing is the new regulations for 2022 the cars are even heavier with giant rims.

Side note Its hilarious F1 fans actually think any other team than Merc is going to win the championship over the next five years. F1 is just a big Merc ad, especially now since they stupidly locked development of cars this year so these cars will continue in the same order for yet another season and Merc can develop the regulation change 2022 car before the budget cap comes into effect lol

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%