Alright when was that again.....?

Interesting times in F1.
Just read an article suggesting Perez could be dropped or possibly sent to Alfa Romeo or Haas.
His action undoubtedly helped to save that team from demise.
His showings are not bad either.
Would be really bad to see him leave before the job is done.

I think this is a bad idea. Both Vettel and Alonso are old men in the world of F1 where drivers come in young. The racing Point car is good they have to just get over court case over brake ducts that Renault claim where copied from Mercedes. If the case is lost points can be lost and possibly suspension for the rest of the skeleton season.
It just seems weird having brands of car manufacturers on board that have no involvement in power unit. Alfa Romeo is a Ferrari powered car. And aston Martin where at Red Bull a car propelled by Honda. Now i know F1 tech filters into road cars, So Aston Martin may use a F1 style paddle shifter developed by Red Bull for the F1 car. And the salesman can brag about how it is F1 technology but that is it.

For several very logical reasons, including the F1 budget cap, Ferrari has been rumored to be the long-awaited third engine supplier to IndyCar. (We can only hope for a better sounding engine note!)

I add this latest development at IMS to the rumor mill:

In a surprise twist to the 2020 calendar, F1 are rumoured to be in talks to bring back Sepang for this year's calendar in a double header with Vietnam.
Apparently this will only go ahead if China is cancelled.
If we do return then it'll be the first race at the Malaysian circuit since 2017 after 19 years of hosting formula one races.

I for one am seriously hoping that this rumour bares fruit and that the MCO here is lifted enough for us to attend the race.

In other news, if Spain is cancelled then Silveretone could host three races.

is anyone else having isues with lag on f1 2020 the game it doesnt matter what i do to improve this i got it on ultra low graphics but this doesnt change at all for me the game is unplayable scince i get lag about every 5 to 10 seconds i just cant go a sector without lag this i s a gamebreaking issue for me and i really hope that there is a way to fix this

Everything can remain as it is, except for a few ideas:

First - Formula 1 needs to quit the pretense that it has relevance to the auto world, and just run itself as a SPORT that it is and should be. I'd like to see the following:

1) Limit on engine capacity as has usually been, but more freedom and simplicity to allow more engine developers to get into the game. So let's say 2000cc +/- 0.5cc, turbo, MGU-K. Limit on turbo boost, and kinetic boost, but the engine configuration can be anything as long as it meets the capacity requirements (as they used to do in the past.) So you can be a V12, a V8, a straight-4, a boxer 6, a v6... doesn't matter. As long as it meets all the other requirements.

2) Qualifying and Practice will be as is with the following change to qualifying: unlimited engine power allowed (as long as they meet all requirements to engine without breaking rules) for qualifying (was used in the past)

3) Following the above rule: In Race trim engine power will be restricted to the power of the lowest powered engine available to any team minus 5%. So, if the Mercedes engine makes total 1100ps, and let's say there's a Supertec, or other Manufacturer engine that is capable of only 950ps: they can all run at max power for qualifying, but for Race trim all teams must set engine power to say 900ps (can't have any engine at max power, the engines would have a very short life.) This puts more emphasis on driver skill, chasis setup, aerodynamics, chasis balance, and fuel economy. This also means that qualifying matters, but all teams have a closer chance in racing. (i realise the better engines will still win in reliability and fuel economy, but that's the point of having engine development!) Engines would have no more than 3 modes - low / normal / high (i think they used to use this before.)

4) I would remove the DRS system, but have rules dictating that aerodynamic design is geared towards drafting and has minimal impact in corners and following closely. Driver skill and let's be honest, BALLS should be what makes for passing, not push-to-pass, and DRS systems.

5) Cars would have to be smaller and lighter - maybe 4850mm max length, 1850mm max width? They would be sharper and tighter in the corners. Right now the cars are over 5000mm long, which is crazy (like a full-sized american pickup truck!) Also 740kg... in the 80s they were 550kg. I'd set the max mass at somewhere under 700kg, but this would have to be discussed at what could be done. The cars would have to have the safety tub, and HANS device, but otherwise the 'halo' would be removed. Are drivers afraid these days? This is why the racing is boring.. - oh and I wouldn't penalise a team for running out of fuel before the race ends. It's bad enough you run out of fuel and end up last. This used to happen a lot in the past. Cars would break down, and / or run out of fuel. It can be really tense.

6) The car itself would have to be simpler. There's something like over 100 control settings on the wheel these days. Differential balance would be set during practice, and I would allow for changing of final drive to gear for different circuits.

I think that's it.

PORTIMÃO WILL BE SICK

Screenshot_safetycar_2018_algarve_27-7-120-23-17-4.jpg
Screenshot_safetycar_2018_algarve_27-7-120-23-40-16.jpg
Screenshot_safetycar_2018_algarve_28-7-120-0-2-32.jpg

Screenshot_safetycar_2018_algarve_28-7-120-0-8-37.jpg

The legendary colours of Gulf are set to return to McLaren following an announcement today that the oil giants have partnered with the British manufacturer on a multi-year agreement.
  • Gulf Oil return to both road and race car division.
  • Renews partnership that began in 1968.
  • F1 livery update scheduled for British Grand Prix.

Almost everyone with a taste for a pretty livery enjoys the colours of Gulf Oil, and it looks like McLaren is about to get a whole lot prettier from the British Grand Prix onwards as McLaren Automotive have today announced a new partnership with the iconic brand, bringing Gulf back to the Formula One field alongside the vast range of McLaren Automotive performance road cars.

McLaren Gulf 2.jpg

“We’re delighted to welcome Gulf back to McLaren and reunite two iconic brands back together in a new and exciting partnership. Gulf is part of McLaren’s history and are well-known for their innovation and technical excellence in the industry, with which aligns with McLaren perfectly. We are looking forward to starting our partnership together this season.” said McLaren CEO Zak Brown of the announcement.​
According to the announcement, the agreement between the two brands with stretch over multiple years and is set to incorporate both the road and racing division of the McLaren group, with 2021 seeing the Formula One outfit move over to Gulf Oil for their racing fluids.

“It’s great to be able to welcome back Gulf after a long historical association which has seen the name adorn many McLaren road cars and race cars over the years. McLaren has a rich history of working with class-leading partners and we’re delighted to continue this trend via our renewed partnership with Gulf. Like McLaren, the Gulf name is synonymous around the world with technical excellence and innovation and the excitement of going racing and motoring.
“Every supercar will have Gulf fuel and lubricants when it leaves the McLaren Production Centre and I know our customers will be thrilled to be able to work with our in-house bespoke team on the option of being one of the few to be able to personalise their McLaren supercar in the iconic Gulf livery.” added Mike Flewitt, Chief Executive Officer, McLaren Automotive.​

Despite having a small media photo shoot earlier in the week ahead of the announcement, it is expected that the Formula One outfit will reveal a new and updated livery during the British Grand Prix race weekend, potentially bringing back to life one of the most iconic and impressive racing colour schemes in the history of the sport.

For more Formula one chit chat, get a thread fired up at the RaceDepartment F1 sub forum, and join your fellow racing fans in discussing this exciting news, and plenty more from the world of the sport we all love.

McLaren Gulf 1.jpg

Codemaster is going to love this... it already took them forever for the Mercedes and we still haven't the other teams new livery from the start of this season! and now this... maybe a few months before 2021 game comes out.

Yeah it beggars belief that @gallus can turn out the new liveries seemingly within mere hours of them being announced yet the actual developer drags their collective feet for weeks or months before they make them into the game, if at all.

link to gallus' brilliant work - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/f1-2020.200/?creator_id=519258

I have a Prema-Mercedes livery for F1 2020. I have the photoshop file, but I don't know how to properly turn it into a mod.
If anyone can teach me how, it would be much appreciated.

There is no new livery, it's not a title sponsorship. Might evolve into one next season, who knows.

" To launch the partnership, the Gulf brand will be integrated into the McLaren Formula 1 team from the British Grand Prix 2020 on Friday 31 July – Sunday 2 August. The logo will be represented by McLaren F1 personnel throughout the 2020 F1 season, including via race drivers Lando Norris and Carlos Sainz and the McLaren pit crew. Gulf branding will also appear on the engine covers and wing mirrors of the McLaren MCL35 race cars."

"Stop putting Gulf livery on modern cars, they look bad!" /J. Broadbent/

I can't remember exact quote, but that's what Jimmy was saying on one of the streams.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.8%