Alright when was that again.....?

Just bring in the rule formula ford originally had - in that form, you can buy another team's engine for $500 and they can't say no. (in 1967 it was a high price for a cortina 1.6L, unless you thought it was secretly tuned) If the nominal engine budget is $500k, let a team buy another team's engine for $1 million. Then if a team can legitimately make the most powerful engines for $500k they can turn a profit, and if they're secretly spending 10x as much, at least everyone else gets access to their cheating.

Last edited:
Nah I don't know, doesn't sound good to me. Formula 1 always was a blend of driver talent and engineering talent. Building and developing the car has and should have the same priority in F1 as developing the drivers, that's why there is one championship for drivers and one for constructors. That's part of the fascination of it, therefore the teams should be allowed to use the car they spent millions on to eke out any advantage they can. A good qualifying is the first step to a spot on the podium, and the drivers had enough opportunity to show their "real" pace in all the spec feeder series that came before F1.

What if one of the spec cars breaks? Tough luck? Who's to blame? If the Ferrari breaks in qualifying, it's Ferrari's own fault.

We've seen various suggestions concerning the pre-race sessions over the years to "spice up" the racing. My question is, what exactly is the point of messing with that stuff when it is the racing itself which is so bloody dire in F1? :rolleyes: Plenty of other racing series have perfectly normal qualifying sessions combined with excellent racing, so why can't F1?

We don't need more gimmicks to put crap cars in front of good cars for the initial ten laps. That is 100% worthless and does nothing to enhance the racing. At most it just creates insurmountable gaps between the good cars unfortunate enough to get stuck behind the crap cars, making them even less competitive. I mean, the two Haas cars were right at the front in the last GP, and unsurprisingly served as nothing more than temporary moving chicanes to the faster cars, allowing those already ahead of them to create breathing space for themselves. Yeah, great racing right there.

What we need is positive, worthwhile ideas to modify the cars to allow them to race. End of story. It's what has been needed for years, everyone knows it, yet very little is being done about it. Just more worthless gimmicks and compromises rather than definitive action. Until that changes, the racing in F1 will continue to be dull and boring no matter what anyone comes up with.

Are you seriously implying that there is no overtaking because they are.....tired? Really? Can we get a bit realistic here? There is no RACING action simply because of the endurance elements that have been implemented. The drivers are simply not allowed to PUSH. I thought it would have been obvious to F1 fans by now.
There's nothing wrong with the format. There's nothing wrong with ANY format as long as the teams and drivers are free to PUSH to the LIMIT on every single lap and for as long as the car can take it. That was how F1 was "back in the day".
Give them as much fuel as they need to make maximum power for as long as they want, and enough tire sets and you WILL see some good racing.It's as simple as that.

Since F1 is about Manufactures and them wanting to show their abilities and win, the drivers should get paid by F1 and then get a random car every weekend they do practice, qualy and the race in. After the season the best Team and the best driver would be World Champion and than get paid according to their finish.

Nice ideas, most probably not possible for RL for some reason. Here is what I have:
- remove FP1 and FP2
- keep FP3 on Saturday morning and make it 90min
- Cut real-time available data to tyre/engine temperature and nothing else (they can collect all data as now but can't use it during the session/race)
- Cut radio to: crash/SC warnings and only use pit-boards for delta times and position

That way: we don't have perfectly tuned each car, we don't have engineers making sure that driver is taking care of the engine in each corner and on track it is all about what driver sees and feels.

Sorry, this sounds absurd. I don’t think it will work logistically and I doubt people will be interested.

At this rate, I do not mind seeing F1 going the way of Group B, WSC or Can am. It is time for it to disband as it had run it’s course and it’s way overdue.

The rules and regulations are so entrenched to the point that I don’t think it’s worth saving while it is extremely expensive to run in the age of recession and EV uprising. As much as I am not a fan of EV, I do not see a purpose of a boring and overpriced series with excessive amount of politics.

I am sorry, but I don’t like any of these ideas.

I have visited a few GP’s in Spa over the last couple of years and then only on Friday and Saturday. I really like to watch the FP1/2/3 and skipping these sessions or have other drivers race the cars is a bad idea. You want to see your favorite drivers as much as possible. Race days I normally avoid because it is so crowded in Spa in case you have no appointed seats (bronze tickets).

F1 should never be with equal cars. There are enough other racing classes that race with equal cars. F1 is about trying to develop the fastest car possible within regulations. I think the budget cap is a good idea. And what happened with Racing Point now, copying the Mercedes is also good for competition. I hope Red Bull will do the same with Alpha Tauri.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing