Alright when was that again.....?

Pastor Maldonado!
If you want I can ask Pastor

1606895559302.png

BTW as written yesterday: Russell it is

PS . Yeah off topic but worth the Wednesday morning news (CET).

Great to see Mick Schumacher - as expected - officially confirmed by Haas.

1606896462713.png

Last edited:
I think whoever is chosen will be kept at bay by Mercedes. Should a substitute win by mistake, Lewis would be discredited for his every success. To be clear, I think he deserves all his achievements, but it must be recognized that the car is superior to all the others and by a lot. Already with Russell I would not be surprised at a good result (if not a victory)
Discredited for his every success? Haha that's lunacy! like the fact that he made it to F1 without being a gazilionaire his karting success, like him beating Alonso as a rookie, his previous world championships, qualifying record, race win record poof, gone. Because the test driver with a point to prove beat a deflated bottas. Erm no

Discredited for his every success? Haha that's lunacy! like the fact that he made it to F1 without being a gazilionaire his karting success, like him beating Alonso as a rookie, his previous world championships, qualifying record, race win record poof, gone. Because the test driver with a point to prove beat a deflated bottas. Erm no

In fact, as I wrote, he deserves every success. Obviously I was referring to the last part of the career, the one in Mercedes. Do not tell me that 1 minute of gap in each race on the 2nd classified is only due to the driver

It is one of the hardest things in motor sport to be successful as a 2nd generation driver. We have seen Bruno Senna, Nelson Piquet Jr. and Thomas Shecter show us this. His father was a dominant man so he will be in the shadow under the same surname.

I watched Jolion Palmer's explanation on F1.. and yes it seems Grosjean did indeed take a very bold decision when he saw the open track on the right without to see Kviat (possibly in his blind spot). Maybe a solution for future security purpose would be to upgrade the field of view of these side mirrors.

Please note I'm typing all of this while laughing because these silly arguments are neverending...

So in short:
If the sub wins, Hamilton sucks?
If the sub loses, Merc held him back, thus Hamilton sucks?

Is their any scenario where Hamilton is a amazing driver AND other drivers can be great too? It never ends with some of you...YES, THE CAR MATTERS, everyone with half a brain knows this...but likewise, no legendary driver could win in a Toleman or Minardi or current-gen Williams...What. Is. The. Point? Superior cars win races? Holy spoiler alert, Batman!

By the way, Barichello won races alongside Schumi on pure pace, but he isn't considered a legend and Schumi isn't discredited and is still the GOAT of modern F1 to many...mainly because, from the way many of you describe it:
1) Schumacher built every Ferrari car painstakingly by hand, every nut and bolt crafted with a master artisan's touch "Tony Stark style". Anyone else privileged enough to subsequently work on the car was called in first to have his hands be blessed by "The Michael" before even looking at the car.
2) Meanwhile Hamilton sat on his behind all year long and contributed absolutely nothing to car development for the past 8 years. Sure.

Anyways, still waiting for Schumacher, along with Senna, Prost, Hakinnen, Alonso, Mansell, Clark, Fangio, etc etc etc to be discredited based on these strawman arguments focused solely on the car and nothing else...not even gonna quote the "Lewis is scared" guy...LOL what?!

Wishing both Hamilton and Grosjean a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:

Caveat - I was referring to Facebook! Hive of scum and stupidity!

Mate, largly agree with everthing you say, just fed up of the "Hamilton is the greatest evah" comments I see all over the shop (facebook is APPALLING for it, equally appalling for the Hamilton sucks comments I may add). for the record I do think Hamilton is a brilliant driver.

If the sub win, of course that doesn't mean Hamilton sucks, Hamilton is clealy an excellent driver, and one of the best of this generation, arguably better than Vettel. But people bang on about the stats and that they don't lie, and the stats clearly prove the Merc is the best engine/chassis combination by a mile in most conditions. It's dominated like no other car in the modern era of F1, those stats don't lie. Not even the notorious Schumacher/Ferrari era was so car dominant, only twice was the car 1-2 WDC in the 5 years, in Vettels 4 year reign Red Bull had NO 1-2 WDC in the 4 years, Merc have had FIVE 1-2 WDCs in the 7 years of the hybrid era.

If the sub loses It's got nothing to do with Hamilton, but many of his "fans" will say it proves the car is not the reason he's successfull. I can guarantee it, it will be all over facebook like a rash!

I know the car has always mattered, hardly anyone wins in a dog of a vehicle, but when they do it's a clear sign of talent. Hamilton's never been in a dog of a car though. But the level of success and sustained success is usually the car, especially if both cars do really well, and like I say BOTH Mercs have done really well, unprecedented in the modern era of F1.

Most people who know anything about F1 know that it was more than Schumacher who built Ferrari into the success it had, it was Brawn, Todt and many talented engineers and designers in the back room. SAME thing with Lewis, but too many think that because he joined Merc and within a year they were champs it was ALL down to Lewis....it's those chumps I argue with on facebook. What turned Mercedes around was the complete overhaul of the rules set with the start of the hybrid era, Mercedes stole a massive march on everyone else because of that, Lewis had nothing to do with that Hybrid engine deisgn.

I don't think Lewis sat on his behind, but with limited testing nowadays the driver has less input than ever before. Schumacher probably put thousands of laps in testing parts and could really focus direction. Lewis hasn't been able to do that, his contribution is just not on the same level, because he can't, the rules on testing don not allow it.

Lewis will always be an F1 legend and a great, I just wish some of his fans would realise he's been MASSIVELY fortunate to be in the most dominany team and car for as long as he has. :)

I dont think any human with an IQ above room temperature can even ARGUE car isn't important.
Raikkonen has gone from top 5 (every time he didn't spun/crash) to fighting with williams to not be last after the car change. If that doesn't showcase how much a car matters i dont know what will.

Sadly I go on Facebook and argue with chumps!

Or, to employ better drivers.

Last time I saw one of these stupid mistakes, it was with vettel... when he went off track then back on track (at monza?) and collided with 2 cars... these mirrors has to be updgraded.. and FYI I have no bias concerning Romain, he is too often a reckless driver...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%