Alright when was that again.....?

It will be Russell, he is a Mercedes protege, got loads of experience with this years cars and tires.
Vandoorne only did time in their simulator.
So Vandoorne will be the reserve driver.
In case one of the main drivers got a positive test or other misfortune.

Last edited:
Whomever takes the seat, and inevitably doesn't do well as well as Hamilton, we'll see a spate of "see it's not the car" statements online.....and I will laugh.
I dont think any human with an IQ above room temperature can even ARGUE car isn't important.
Raikkonen has gone from top 5 (every time he didn't spun/crash) to fighting with williams to not be last after the car change. If that doesn't showcase how much a car matters i dont know what will.

both matter , but I think it's easier to be GOOD in GREAT car, then GREAT in good/crap car, and truly great driver will be great even in crap car, plus he will help make that car better

but yeah, keep arguing is pointless, no matter what sport ( Footbal, NHL, F1)

They should do more of those events, where they all will race in the same car , like they did with E190 Evo, which was won by Senna, the greatest driver for me

Amazing you know exactly what's on Hamilton's mind :)
It's was a very heavy year for everyone... it's not unthinkable that Lewis could use a break... Not that he is scared, but he is a phylosophical person...
Let's agree we don't know :)

Hey stranger zwiss :thumbsup:

I see your point buddy. However, everything I said about Hams 'psychology' is true.
It was in an interview after the race and in some article (can't remember what news media it was), his words when he was asked about it.
So we do know ;)

Last edited:
All people who watched that live on TV, the internet, or on-site literally suffered shock... I remember the post-race show has a very somber mood, and the topic was all about him and they were just trying to go through the race results on the side. I never really liked Romain, but I also don't like him dead. God Blessed him! Really a dead man walking...

Sounds like it'll likely be Russell. Not the sexiest story angle, but that's not really what this is about. He's a perfectly reasonable, even deserving option so I really have no complaints.

I would love to be a fly on the wall for the various lines of negotiation that have surely been going on like mad for the last 24 hrs. I'm sure it's been frenzied, I would love to have some insights as far as the angles being worked, offers being made, etc. Probably would prove to be a lot more exciting than the race itself.

Lo and behold... my voice has decided :D
Russell 273 Nico 272

It's not that I love Russell more I just think it's more realistic

Last edited:
With respect this " you have a bias against Grosjean" is a bit of a theme with you isn't it.
Maybe people have been neutral or even supportive on him and over time have judged him on his record/standard of driving.
Many F! drivers also say he is dangerous and he has recent warnings about his unique interpretation of defending so no it's not bias it's observation based.

Well said Winston, Look at Grosjean's past driving, Load['s of incident's including nearly decapitating Alonso! Also he was given a one race ban for his erratic driving when at Lotus.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing