F1 | Hamilton Out, Who In At Mercedes?

Whomever takes the seat, and inevitably doesn't do well as well as Hamilton, we'll see a spate of "see it's not the car" statements online.....and I will laugh.
I dont think any human with an IQ above room temperature can even ARGUE car isn't important.
Raikkonen has gone from top 5 (every time he didn't spun/crash) to fighting with williams to not be last after the car change. If that doesn't showcase how much a car matters i dont know what will.

Patrik Marek

Premium
both matter , but I think it's easier to be GOOD in GREAT car, then GREAT in good/crap car, and truly great driver will be great even in crap car, plus he will help make that car better

but yeah, keep arguing is pointless, no matter what sport ( Footbal, NHL, F1)

They should do more of those events, where they all will race in the same car , like they did with E190 Evo, which was won by Senna, the greatest driver for me

Amazing you know exactly what's on Hamilton's mind :)
It's was a very heavy year for everyone... it's not unthinkable that Lewis could use a break... Not that he is scared, but he is a phylosophical person...
Let's agree we don't know :)

Hey stranger zwiss :thumbsup:

I see your point buddy. However, everything I said about Hams 'psychology' is true.
It was in an interview after the race and in some article (can't remember what news media it was), his words when he was asked about it.
So we do know ;)

Last edited:

Nick Hill

Premium
Denver, USA
Sounds like it'll likely be Russell. Not the sexiest story angle, but that's not really what this is about. He's a perfectly reasonable, even deserving option so I really have no complaints.

I would love to be a fly on the wall for the various lines of negotiation that have surely been going on like mad for the last 24 hrs. I'm sure it's been frenzied, I would love to have some insights as far as the angles being worked, offers being made, etc. Probably would prove to be a lot more exciting than the race itself.

Lo and behold... my voice has decided :D
Russell 273 Nico 272

It's not that I love Russell more I just think it's more realistic

Last edited:
Pastor Maldonado!
If you want I can ask Pastor

1606895559302.png

BTW as written yesterday: Russell it is

PS . Yeah off topic but worth the Wednesday morning news (CET).

Great to see Mick Schumacher - as expected - officially confirmed by Haas.

1606896462713.png

Last edited:

mrbungle83

Premium
I think whoever is chosen will be kept at bay by Mercedes. Should a substitute win by mistake, Lewis would be discredited for his every success. To be clear, I think he deserves all his achievements, but it must be recognized that the car is superior to all the others and by a lot. Already with Russell I would not be surprised at a good result (if not a victory)
Discredited for his every success? Haha that's lunacy! like the fact that he made it to F1 without being a gazilionaire his karting success, like him beating Alonso as a rookie, his previous world championships, qualifying record, race win record poof, gone. Because the test driver with a point to prove beat a deflated bottas. Erm no

Discredited for his every success? Haha that's lunacy! like the fact that he made it to F1 without being a gazilionaire his karting success, like him beating Alonso as a rookie, his previous world championships, qualifying record, race win record poof, gone. Because the test driver with a point to prove beat a deflated bottas. Erm no

In fact, as I wrote, he deserves every success. Obviously I was referring to the last part of the career, the one in Mercedes. Do not tell me that 1 minute of gap in each race on the 2nd classified is only due to the driver