F1 Half Term Report: Rate the Grid - Stoffel Vandoorne

Another excellent example of what needs fixing in f1. There are at least 100 drivers out there (without rich daddies or a ready sponsor) who could complete with Alonso. Fernando does not exist in a vacuum.

Another excellent example of what needs fixing in f1. There are at least 100 drivers out there (without rich daddies or a ready sponsor) who could complete with Alonso. Fernando does not exist in a vacuum.
yeah, vandoorne is the perfect representation of the pay driver. lollllllll

Overrated driver , unfortunately for Mclaren and Belgium
The best "rookie" is Esteban Ocon, no doubt.
very impressed by this young driver

Stoffel is in the unique position of beginning his F1 career in the grid's most embattled team whilst being paired with a former world champion who happens to be none other than Fernando Alonso. Taking all of this into consideration, I believe a 6 is fair for Vandoorne. He has, on the rare occasion, been faster than Alonso. It would be a lie to say that he has faced a difficult task for a rookie. However, I still think that Stoffel has been surprisingly anonymous. Considering the wonderful races he put together during a remarkable title-winning GP2 campaign, I have been a little disappointed that he has not been more a little more of a match for Alonso. Still, there's certainly time left for improvement, and I can not help but think that Stoffel has not shown us his full capabilities. Even in the McLaren-Honda! He will be one to watch in the second half of the season.

6. Like Stroll, it's hard to really evaluate his talent. He was excellent when he replaced Alonso last season. This year, he's outclassed by him, but he's up against the best in his first full season, so the bar is very high.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%