F1 Half Term Report: Rate the Grid - Sergio Perez

It's a shame that only 3 teams are able to contest for wins and within those teams are already filled with good drivers. It's a shame to see that drivers such as Perez may never get the chance to really show their skill

Arguably it's just two teams. I am quite a big fan of Red Bull and Max Verstappen but they seem perpetually regulated to place 5 and 6 unless crashes happen.

I don't like Perez as much as Ocon, Ocon seems more laid back. On the other hand, it's quite understandable to see why Perez gets a bit grumpy sometimes :p - He is undoubtedly a very capable driver, and one I wouldn't be surprised to see in a Mercedes seat later on in his career.

8. Still a good driver, but he's heavily aided by his #1 status within one of the most disgusting teams in F1. He's also got a massive ego and has gone back to his crashy days of old. Expected more from him - it's clear at this point that he'll never get a better seat than the one he currently has.

8. Still a good driver, but he's heavily aided by his #1 status within one of the most disgusting teams in F1. He's also got a massive ego and has gone back to his crashy days of old. Expected more from him - it's clear at this point that he'll never get a better seat than the one he currently has.
I dunno what you problem is, but as far as is known SFI doesn't give a #1 status, so please explain why it's the most disgusting team?

Never got a break with a major team? Mclaren? I like they guy, but he wasted his chance. True Mclaren wasn't contending for the title that year, but it was a ride with a top tier team no less, and if he had performed he could have stuck with them and later been in place to win a title.

Later been in a place to win a title? like how much later? Mclaren has been a terrible team for quite a few years now. Not only because of the car / engine, but also politics.

Sergio has been consistently performing well in a non-contending car. People is pointing out the Monaco incident, but forget to recognize that he had an important streak of points scoring races, which talks a lot about his consistency, an area where other fast drivers tend to fail.

Also this consistency shows maturity, which I saw in a comment above talking about "latin temperament", what the hell does that mean? Is Vettel temperament latin? Verstappen's?

He is the best of the rest, he's not in a top 3 team (Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull). I don't know if he will move to a bigger team or not, but this season is proving that he is much better driver than many credit him for.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back