F1 Half Term Report: Rate the Grid - Nico Hulkenberg

I'm a marshal, I had to push it before we let the public come on track and do just that - steal bits off the car. If I'd broken off a bit to take home I would never be allowed back.
It would be worth it. :D

Oh man... I know, I was just fooling around. Good job you did there.
Pro bono.

Hulkenberg's performance so far has impressed me a lot. He almost constantly outpaces his teammate Palmer (except Austria).
However, he has some misfortunes that prevented him from scoring points.
For example, he couldn't overtake Ocon while both of them were overtaking Alonso in Australia, his engine failure in Monaco and his crash in Baku...
Despite that, I still admire him, so I give him 9.

Very few can seriously argue that Hulkenberg isn't one of the best drivers in Formula One at present, and 2017 has been yet another strong season in comparison to his team mate and the immediate rivals for his Renault team, however has he continued to perform at the level now expected of a driver in his eight season of Formula One?
Sorry Paul, but 2017 is Hulkenberg's 7th season in Formula 1

7. He's talented, for sure, but the fact that he was never considered by a top team makes me wonder if he's not a bit overrated by the fans? He's doing well at Renault, but last season at Force India, he was often overshadowed by Perez and that hurt his standing in the paddocks, I'm sure.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%