F1 Half Term Report: Rate the Grid - Fernando Alonso

8. Getting pretty much all out of a **** engine (not car) he possibly can. I'm deducting one point for his continued redicule of Honda, although its understandable. Deducting another point for having crap decision-making skills and allowing himself to race in a midfield car when his talent and experience should see him drive in a top team.

"GP2 Engine..."

I still say, give this man a competitive car and he'll close the job.

If he managed to get P6 and fastest lap (NOT A MERCEDES OR A REDBULL OR A FERRARI, FAM) in Hungaroring with that and that track is a high downforce track imagine what he does with a car with 100% condition on a medium-low track like Monza, Spa or Brazil.

No one can beat Alonso except his car. He made so many efforts to earn points, and competed in Indycar as well, so I give him 10.

That's eloquent. Simple and to the point.

I'm never disappointed by the people here, in general. They get it. Now, if only the FIA would.

OK people, you all say hes good nearly the best...

From what ive seen through the years him wining 2 championships is pretty good... but mostly Alonso is always having engine failures in most races...

Does this mean he overdrives the car, not understanding some cars have to be driven carefully to its limits.. To win races like this, means you are good...very good. to beat people with better machinery then you... and skill.

Now lets look at another perspective... remember when Alonso moved to Mclaren, Lewis blitz him in the same machinery... Alonso admitted Lewis is a way better driver then Vettel :)

ahahahaha , Lewis is way better than Vettel ?
Ok if we can say bullshit, i will say this: "Alonso admitted that Lance stroll is way better than Verstappen."

wtf...

we will see if the Rock Facebook star diva Hamilton is better than vettel at the end of this season.
Oh i forgot, Vettel have a dominant car this season no?
it's more like this i think for you, Hamilton wins:" he beats all the grid with an awful car, what a hero"!
Vettel wins : "Yes vettel has win this season but he has a dominant car you know...:sick:, Lewis and Valterri cannot fight with their poor Mercedes "

give me a break fanboy.

ps: and by the way stop compare Alonso who is a firstclass driver to Hamilton who is a first class whiner.

Last edited:
I know everyone just LOVES how hard he drives, but have you considered he's killing the car? All those engine failures aren't unexpected. The guys on the box tell him to change to a different mode to keep it alive, yet he ignores them, and sure enough, it usually blows up. It's fun to watch, sure, but he has no one but himself to blame for all those DNFs.
It was obvious in Indycar when all other guys had the same engine.

So arrogant than it's disgusting, i can't vote.

10. The best driver in F1 and my favorite driver. I would watch him drive any car. His Indy race was a joy to see. However, he's burned too many bridges over the years. What are his options now? I think he is stuck at McLaren. Hopefully, Honda will finally figure out how to build a modern F1 engine. Otherwise, it will be a sad end to a great career.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%