RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

F1 | Haas confirm Schumacher and Mazepin for 2021 lineup

The "MiCk iS oNlY iN tHerE CuZ HiS nAMe" argument is as stale as week-old toast. How about some facts? Schumacher is on his way to the F2 title. No, that's not a guarantee of success, but it at least means you've earned a look. He struggled in F3, then improved. He struggled in F2, then improved. That says to me that he has yet to reach his ceiling and has capacity to evolve.

Something worth noting: Mick was 14 when his father had his skiing accident and he was THERE when it happened. I'm being an armchair psychologist, but people who experience trauma or loss when they're young often showcase maturity and tenacity that belies their age. Think of Charles LeClerc. He lost his godfather, father and best friend back-to-back-to-back. And now you see a dedicated racer who seems incredibly humble and self-aware.

As for "he'll never be like his dad," WOAH, BLISTERING HOT TAKE THERE. I'm a high school basketball coach in small-town USA. It'd be like someone yelling to me "YOU'LL NEVER COACH IN THE NBA." Yeah, no kidding.

I hope for his sake this isn't the kind of expectations people have.

Well, low-information F1 spectators probably will expect that. Real F1 fans with knowledge in F1 history won't. But yeah, the press will probably constantly ask Mick why he's not yet 7-times world champion.

Lewis tagged his team mate Jenson Button once at Montreal. And Albon whos was looking for a podeom twice. Hes no saint, like he pretends to be.

I never said Lewis doesn't make mistakes or that he doesn't get too eager.

In the instance with Jenson, it was *very* wet and Jenson had trouble seeing him.

With Albon, he put his hand up (1) and apologised (2) like I asserted.

Again, not a fan of LH but personally I feel that it's hard to make the case that he's aiming to be anything other than a hard, but fair racer.

Last edited:

Jan Larsen

Premium
Well after seeing Mazepin race in F2 today I can safely say that a spoiled, untalented russian race car driver with loads of daddy money results in a lethal combination that will kill someone someday. Haas, if you can only exist in F1 because of money from idiots like that, I'd rather not see you in F1 at all.

Sorry for the rant, but **** I hate paydrivers.

Well after seeing Mazepin race in F2 today I can safely say that a spoiled, untalented russian race car driver with loads of daddy money results in a lethal combination that will kill someone someday. Haas, if you can only exist in F1 because of money from idiots like that, I'd rather not see you in F1 at all.

Sorry for the rant, but **** I hate paydrivers.

So you're not a motorsport at all ? High end motorsport from its very beginning was a play thing for the very richest. Always has been always will be.
Find another sport if you want equal opportunities .

Jan Larsen

Premium
Ignorant comment really. If I wanted equalty I could watch litterally any other motorsport than F1, but thats not the damn point.
The point is that filthy rich brats, who hasnt even worked for the money, is taking over from drivers who actually deserve to be there. But the biggest point is the teams willing to sell their soul just to stay alive. I'd rather the teams just fold and force rich people like Mazepin senior to start his own team, like others in the past.

Ignorant comment really. If I wanted equalty I could watch litterally any other motorsport than F1, but thats not the damn point.
The point is that filthy rich brats, who hasnt even worked for the money, is taking over from drivers who actually deserve to be there. But the biggest point is the teams willing to sell their soul just to stay alive. I'd rather the teams just fold and force rich people like Mazepin senior to start his own team, like others in the past.

They always did , F1 is their game and we get to watch . To them that's all the 'fans' are , onlookers .

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
@Jan Larsen , I have to agree with @Jim Layee here. That is how it is and always was in F1. From my point: as a young kid I watched F1 racing. While growing up I learned that doesn't exist and it is mostly politics and money. Sadly at the moment, I am not interested in politics.

Off-topic... Funny thing this year: while watching only 24h Nord, 24h Daytona, 24h Spa, 6h Nurburgring, 12h Bathurst I realized I watched racing for much less weekends compared to when I watched F1. But in hours I watched it was much more. :roflmao:

On-topic... I didn't know Mazepin's story, just that he wasn't slow in F2. But I am one of rare ones who hopes Haas would keep one of their drivers and get one rookie.

Everyone in F1 is a rich brat. If you want to be in F1 you have to be good in F2. But in order to be in F2 your dad has to pay for your seat. Every team in F2 is a company that sells a seat to race in F2, there is no other way to make money for F2 teams. In 2019 this was around half a mil € per season. Mazepin is in that regard quite regular. In fact, it would be interesting to see which current F1 driver's dad is the richest. Even Lando's Dad has some 250 Mil in wealth. Lewis' dad seems to be initially not that rich, but Lewis' career was bankrolled by Ron Dennis, and later the dad had it's own company. Long story short, all paths to F1 are paved with lots of money. It always was, always will be. Even in the old days, Stirling Moss had rich parents. His sister did competitive horse riding - also an expensive hobby.

Everyone in F1 is a rich brat. If you want to be in F1 you have to be good in F2. But in order to be in F2 your dad has to pay for your seat. Every team in F2 is a company that sells a seat to race in F2, there is no other way to make money for F2 teams. In 2019 this was around half a mil € per season. Mazepin is in that regard quite regular. In fact, it would be interesting to see which current F1 driver's dad is the richest. Even Lando's Dad has some 250 Mil in wealth. Lewis' dad seems to be initially not that rich, but Lewis' career was bankrolled by Ron Dennis, and later the dad had it's own company. Long story short, all paths to F1 are paved with lots of money. It always was, always will be. Even in the old days, Stirling Moss had rich parents. His sister did competitive horse riding - also an expensive hobby.

In a way, F1 is like a hollywood movie, where actors portray the hardships and poverty of a working class family and then go home after shooting the movie to eat lobsters in their mansions.

I have seen Mick on Utube. Dose not look verry good. He is there for the name of his father. It is hard to do well as 2nd generation. His Father was one of the greatest drivers i have ever seen. I dont beleive Mick will ever beat Michael's record. But we will see.
Well there's an iNfOrMeD opinion if I ever saw one.

I'm sorry you didn't follow anything other than the main category and "utube", but Mick actually won F2 - and it would've been quite comfortable had qualifying pole not been worth a quite large 4 points - he did well when it mattered, i.e. races.

Just FYI, F2 is the category right below F1, meaning if ANYone deserves a rookie seat, it's definitely him first and foremost.