F1 Guess the Top 10 Game

Hi everyone, I have been lurking the forums for a while and created an account to be ready for F1 2012. I wanted to introduce a game I play over at the F1 management game GPRO.net. The game has a lot of interest over there and I thought it would catch on well here. Here is the basic rules of the game.

Before the Grand Prix starts every Sunday you basically try to predict the drivers you believe will place in the top 10 for that race. You get get points based on the position the drivers finished and the difference in the results compared to what you predicted.

Example of top 3 for sample purposes: You predict:
1. Jenson Button
2. Fernando Alonso
3. Sebastian Vettel

but the result is:
1. Fernando Alonso
2. Vettel
3. Button

The top 10 finishers are allotted 10-1 point respectively and 10-1 point in the difference of zero positions to 9 positions:

Example from above:
1. Alonso (=10pts for 1st x 9pts for finishing 1 position ahead. 90pts total)
2. Vettel (=9pts for 2nd x 9pts for finishing 1 position ahead. 81pts total)
3. Button (=8pts for 3rd x 8pts for finishing 2 position lower. 64pts total)

I will track all the stats for this game in a google spreadsheet for some friendly competition in the remaining races we have left.

If you would like to take part, please post the names of the drivers you believe will finish in the top 10. I will update the thread as soon as all scores are in. Enjoy and if there are any questions, feel free to ask.

Participants
1. Nick Schneider
2. Bram Hengeveld
3. Omer Said
4. Markus Neumann
5. Alexander Macdonald

Wow, how did i miss it!?! :O_o:

Great idea Nick! I'm in :)

My top 10 for Singapore:
  1. F. Alonso
  2. K. Kobayashi
  3. J. Button
  4. N. Rosberg
  5. M. Schumacher
  6. M. Webber
  7. P. di Resta
  8. B. Senna
  9. K. Raikkonen
  10. F. Massa

I was just reluctant to join in because the last time we did this we just stopped doing it soon...

1. Alonso
2. Vettel
3. Raikkonen
4. Webber
5. Schumacher
6. Button
7. Massa
8. Rosberg
9. Senna
10. Hulkenberg

It seems Alexander has a very big chance of good points today.

No other participants? Come one folks, just pick 10 drivers, not that hard :thumbsup:

My Top 10 for Singapore

1. Vettel
2. Button
3. Webber
4. Alonso
5. Grosjean
6. Rosberg
7. Schumacher
8. Raikkonen
9. Massa
10. Hulkenberg

Because I'm thinking that with Lewis and Maldonado so close they won't be able to keep it up throughout the race without coming together at some point... Button or Vettel will pick up the win if this happens. lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back