Alright when was that again.....?

I respected his talent for a while, but that did't make me like him. Recently, he just went full political and branding.

First it was his clothing line, then it was "omg I'm vegan now, Instagrampoints +1000", this season he jumped on the BLM bandwagon without making any kind of difference by not racing in countries where his politics aren't supported, it's all so much loud futility which is so common with Millenials in general. Basically he will have to not race in the last 4 events of this season just to make sure that all his talk on BLM has some meat on itself.

Will he do that? Most likely not. That would be asking way too much from someone who just likes to create drama and feed on the Instagrampoints it creates.
I see Lewis retiring form F1 and then he will do his clothing stuff. Be a politican for BLM. Or whatever, There is talent behind him and it will catch up eventualy (Max Verstapen, Charles Leclerc, Lando Norris) They just need to get the car package on par with Merrcedes. Nothing lasts forever.

Put another way, as Wilt Chamberlain the basketball player once said, "Nobody roots for Goliath."

I think that Lewis handles it just about as well as it can possibly be handled. It's his job to help the team make the car the best on the grid and it's also his job to drive the fastest car fastest. We can't be mad at him for doing that.
Its not on track it of the track. Preaching views and opinions and running to oficials evrey time he gets a penalty. Hes leading the championship. You can put his car last for the next races and will still win. His team has the budget and money to do stuff that other teams can not aford to do.

Its not on track it of the track. Preaching views and opinions and running to oficials evrey time he gets a penalty. Hes leading the championship. You can put his car last for the next races and will still win. His team has the budget and money to do stuff that other teams can not aford to do.
Not sure what their source was, but according to this page, the RB and Ferrari budgets were not far off from Mercedes' in 2019. I assume that the budgets for 2020 are pretty comparable. It's not just that Mercedes has more money. RB and Ferrari have plenty of money. The difference is that Mercedes knows how to spend it well.

Ferrari has no excuse not to be competitive with Mercedes. And RB has their pattern of being slow starters and then catching up to Mercedes by the time that Mercedes has already quit development on the current year's car.

I think that the new regulations will help, but Mercedes will still dominate until other teams figure out how to run their teams successfully. You don't win with only il passione. You win with a cold, objective evaluation of the facts and a willingness to deal with problems. Listen to the latest episode of Beyond the Grid with Toto Wolff to understand why Merc dominates. Of course, the budget helps, but the management is just as important, if not more so.

A fairly interesting race, with some great, fair, wheel-to-wheel racing between drivers full of respect for each other, that know the width of their cars... and then there was verstappen, crashing into people again :rolleyes:

When is he going to grow up (if ever)?

I totally agree.
Once again he had lost a position and reacted without care.
The camera from above obviously shows that Max had enough room but drove into Perez.
I do grant him that he did not expect Perez to be there all of a sudden.
But being careful when necessary is also a talent a WC needs to have.
This time he was lucky that only Perez's race was destroyed.
Next time his own race will be destroyed again.
That's not the way to become WC.
A shame.

Appie: no need to respond, we all know how you feel about Max :)

Last edited:
I totally agree.
Once again he had lost a position and reacted without care.
The camera from above obviously shows that Max had enough room but drove into Perez.
I do grant him that he did not expect Perez to be there all of a sudden.
But being careful when necessary is also a talent a WC needs to have.
This time he was lucky that only Perez's race was destroyed.
Next time his own race will be destroyed again.
That's not the way to become WC.
A shame.

Appie: no need to respond, we all know how you feel about Max :)

I will respond, why? I don’t burn down drivers, just because I can’t do better, it seems you think you can. :roflmao:
Can you explain why all ex F1 driver think the same about Max, except some simmers who think they know it all.

Last edited:
I will respond, why? I don’t burn down drivers, just because I can’t do better, it seems you think you can. :roflmao:
Can you explain why all ex F1 driver think the same about Max, except some simmers who think they know it all.
So you can only have an opinion about music if you can play better? Or food? Or anything at all? :)
And I do not burn down Max: he is an incredible talent, I wish he would beat Lewis more often.
But he still is too reckless (and arrogant at times), and destroys other's races or his own.

You have an opinion:
You adore Max.
That's ok!

I have an opinion:
I Like Max, but not as much as you do :)
That's also ok!

Last edited:
The interesting point is Checo Pérez didn't say anything about the incident and finished way above Albon despite his dreadful first lap, as if he wanted to send a message to RB :D

I don't think Verstappen did anything wrong on track, it was just a racing incident. The "he took himself out" comment was in pure Verstappen d***head style though.

Last edited:
at. Leclerc drives that car like a regular Ferrari. Only Seb has problems. Simply because he is not that good and is getting worse each year.
Interesting, so you believe that Bottas car is sabotaged by Mercedes to aid Hamilton, but Vettel is just bad. Maybe his car gets sabotaged as well??? ;)

Interesting, so you believe that Bottas car is sabotaged by Mercedes to aid Hamilton, but Vettel is just bad. Maybe his car gets sabotaged as well??? ;)
Interesting. Name the incidents that happen to Vettel that would suggest he is sabotaged as well. Where they the countless spins? Did Mattia press the spin button each time on the pit wall to make Vettel look bad?

I don't think you got the point :rolleyes:

If a Scottish driver becomes world champion or becomes a legend, then the British media mention him as British. If a Scottish drivers is good, wins a couple of races, but that's it, then the British media mention him as Scottish - how convenient :geek:
Think of us as cousions. Many English will claim a part of Scotish Northern Irish or even Welsh. But you have to understand each is indifferent to the other. For whatever reason the media sees the UK as British. Here in Canada where i live people do not know the difference between me and a Welshman or a Norther Irishman or a scosman. There are sutttle diferences down to how we talk and cultureal tradiditions.

Interesting. Name the incidents that happen to Vettel that would suggest he is sabotaged as well. Where they the countless spins? Did Mattia press the spin button each time on the pit wall to make Vettel look bad?
I do not think that either car is "sabotaged", it is just usually a theory Vettel fans bring up to explain why he is that bad, but it was the first time i heard Bottas car is sabotaged.

Think of us as cousions. Many English will claim a part of Scotish Northern Irish or even Welsh. But you have to understand each is indifferent to the other. For whatever reason the media sees the UK as British. Here in Canada where i live people do not know the difference between me and a Welshman or a Norther Irishman or a scosman. There are sutttle diferences down to how we talk and cultureal tradiditions.
Again, I think that you're missing the point. Everyone agrees with what you're saying. This is meant to be a joke. The English consider the Scottish to be "British" when they do well, but they want to dissociate from them when they don't. This is a very on-brand joke for Jeremy Clarkson.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.5%