Alright when was that again.....?

Magnussen I think isn't bad - a team in the WEC or ELMS should give him a go, as I think that endurance racing would actually suit him. He can give good, consistent pace - and let's face it, his Dad has had an excellent career at Corvette, so there must be something in the genes.

Rrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmnnnnnnggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzznnnnnnnnnn has never impressed me from the day he sat in an F1 car. Aside from being French, I am at a loss as to why Renault ran him in the first place all those years ago. He's been another Heidfeld - albeit one that has moaned incessantly, blamed others for his general ineptitude and been blocking talent coming into F1 for year.

He will almost certainly end up in Formula E.

As for Haas - what is the point of them? I mean really, what are they achieving in F1?

Magnussen I think isn't bad - a team in the WEC or ELMS should give him a go, as I think that endurance racing would actually suit him. He can give good, consistent pace - and let's face it, his Dad has had an excellent career at Corvette, so there must be something in the genes.

Rrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmnnnnnnggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzznnnnnnnnnn has never impressed me from the day he sat in an F1 car. Aside from being French, I am at a loss as to why Renault ran him in the first place all those years ago. He's been another Heidfeld - albeit one that has moaned incessantly, blamed others for his general ineptitude and been blocking talent coming into F1 for year.

He will almost certainly end up in Formula E.

As for Haas - what is the point of them? I mean really, what are they achieving in F1?
They are filling 2 grid spots

Tend to agree with this sentiment, although overall of this current generation Hamilton's consistency is still impressive. Basically if someone was in a 5th place car and finishing 5th the majority of his career it would be good driving.

The only part where I disagree with this is that it is actually borderline impossible for Stroll to see Verstappen. He has a massive halo cockpit and isn't able to check his mirrors and is configuring his steering wheel and genuinely doesn't know Verstappen is using him for a tow and doesn't know he is on a hot lap.

If you put Stroll in a car with wing-mirrors, an open cockpit, and no steering wheel computer, does he see Verstappen?

Excellent point and maybe the solution is to consider having spotters like there are in Indycar or NASCAR.

The exact same pattern yet again. Bottas dominates all sessions, then Hamilton steals pole from him in the last one. I am sorry, but this is the definition of sandbagging if i ever saw it.

I really don't know why Bottas didn't go for another lap on the medium tyres like Hamilton did, he would have got pole if so.

There's nothing I really like about Lewis :)

I respected his talent for a while, but that did't make me like him. Recently, he just went full political and branding.

First it was his clothing line, then it was "omg I'm vegan now, Instagrampoints +1000", this season he jumped on the BLM bandwagon without making any kind of difference by not racing in countries where his politics aren't supported, it's all so much loud futility which is so common with Millenials in general. Basically he will have to not race in the last 4 events of this season just to make sure that all his talk on BLM has some meat on itself.

Will he do that? Most likely not. That would be asking way too much from someone who just likes to create drama and feed on the Instagrampoints it creates.

Both. Stroll knew Verstappen was close, he should have left some room (especially knowing it was Max.) However, Verstappen didn’t have to dive in the corner like that. I blame both because this was free practice, not the race and there was no reason to fight for a corner like that. Just back off and wait for another turn. Of course, Verstappen went into some stupid little rant on the radio. He’s incredibly talented, but he’s also an entitled, arrogant brat who thinks he owns F1.

To me, that incident is typical of the current generation of drivers who don’t seem to know basic racing etiquette. They think that today’s cars are so safe that they can’t get hurt, so they slam into each others without thinking of the consequences. You didn’t see crap like that back in the days of Lauda, Andretti or Clark. These were real racers who didn’t learn their trade on simulators. They understood that they could get killed if they crashed. I have a lot more respect for these men than for a petulant child like Verstappen.
Arrogant brat, it’s the level mate.

I don't know why so many people complain about the F1 show. Qualification sessions with the last man to cross the line getting pole are lots of fun and the following rantings make them all the more entertaining.

I honestly think this qualy style is crap, and i always did. We can't see people driving a full lap anymore, we just see the finish line, and the graphics changing colors, and then we get the results. No antecipation anymore, no more watching some banzai laps, nothing. Even indycar has that right, the indy time trials are a good show.

I also find it funny that people say others are "salty" because Hamilton is sandbagging. I didnt know that such behaviours are now acceptable behaviour in sport. But even if they are, it just shows how actually little competition there is, when one guy can simply doddle around the whole weekend and just go for it on the last lap to make it more "dramatic". I couldn't care less who is doing it, i find it insulting nonetheless.

Goodbye GrosJean, I won't miss you (in F1) and yet I am French.

I am even nostalgic for Olivier Panis, the last French rider to win a grand prix and that was in 1996...

On the 1997 F1 game, my brother regularly played Olivier Panis to compare himself to other big teams, now I can't see myself endorsing GrosJean in a game, afterwards there's something for everyone.

Magnussen, I don't know you very well but I like your name, good continuation :)

Gasly won this year, you somehow missed that?

I honestly think this qualy style is crap, and i always did. We can't see people driving a full lap anymore, we just see the finish line, and the graphics changing colors, and then we get the results. No antecipation anymore, no more watching some banzai laps, nothing. Even indycar has that right, the indy time trials are a good show.

I also find it funny that people say others are "salty" because Hamilton is sandbagging. I didnt know that such behaviours are now acceptable behaviour in sport. But even if they are, it just shows how actually little competition there is, when one guy can simply doddle around the whole weekend and just go for it on the last lap to make it more "dramatic". I couldn't care less who is doing it, i find it insulting nonetheless.

Some suggest reverse grids, but I say starting position lottery would be more interesting and fair.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 368 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%