Alright when was that again.....?

I see on facebook HASS may dump both drivers. But the cars not mutch better than the Williams. He belongs in the mid pack where there is a shot at the points.

Wonder who will be the replacement. Somehow I think it will be Mazepin, because his dad has money. And Perez if he gets that Slim money.

Last edited:
Wonder who will be the replacement. Somehow I think it will be Mazepin, because his dad has money. And Perez if he gets that Slim money.
I think getting Perez would be the best case for Haas, though maybe not for Perez. Hopefully it's wrong, but most of the rumors seem to be pointing to two rookies at Haas next year. Some combination of Mazepin and a Ferrari junior such as Illot, Schumacher or possibly even Schwartzman. I can't see that combination being great for the development of any of those rookies

Goodbye GrosJean, I won't miss you (in F1) and yet I am French.

I am even nostalgic for Olivier Panis, the last French rider to win a grand prix and that was in 1996...

On the 1997 F1 game, my brother regularly played Olivier Panis to compare himself to other big teams, now I can't see myself endorsing GrosJean in a game, afterwards there's something for everyone.

Magnussen, I don't know you very well but I like your name, good continuation :)

Last edited:
Personally I think that Mick Schumacher would be a great fit at either Haas or Alfa Romeo, but more and more people seem to be speaking about him joining the former.

I think Grosjean has had his chance in Formula One, and while I think Magnussen has a right to feel slightly hard done by, he's not stood out in the way that other top drivers have been able to in very average cars, like Sainz or Leclerc.

I'd quite like to see Ilott in the other car alongside Schumacher. I think two Ferrari juniors in the same team would be great, they'd certainly push each other. I think young competition is healthy and would provide Haas with a fresh start as F1 heads into a new era in 2022, by which point they'd both have a year with the team under the belt.

Watch this space!

Goodbye GrosJean, I won't miss you (in F1) and yet I am French.

I am even nostalgic for Olivier Panis, the last French rider to win a grand prix and that was in 1996...

On the 1997 F1 game, my brother regularly played Olivier Panis to compare himself to other big teams, now I can't see myself endorsing GrosJean in a game, afterwards there's something for everyone.

Magnussen, I don't know you very well but I like your name, good continuation :)
I've got a big scoop for you: Gasly won a GP a few weeks ago. Mauvais français va ! :roflmao:

Anyway it's well known around here that Grosjean was French when he was doing well and Swiss when he was not. :D

Last but not least, it is also well known that Grosjean's popularity went south when people learned he was dating, then marrying the sexiest F1 TV commentator ever.

Last edited:
Welcome to the discussion thread for the 2020 Formula One Portuguese Grand Prix.

This weekend sees Formula One return to Portugal, for the first Grand Prix in the country since 1996. While Portugal has held 25 Grand Prix, it will be the first race held at the Algarve International Circuit in Portimão.

It's a great layout, upon which we last saw Formula One cars circulate in 2009 during testing. Since then F1 has become a lot quicker, which should make a race at a circuit with predominantly medium and high speed corners very exciting indeed. The track also features plenty of gravel run-off areas, undulation and unsighted corners, which should make this weekend even more challenging for the drivers.

This weekend is set to be dry and warm, and with fast corners that should see the cars pushing the tyres harder than on average, we could well see teams struggling more than usual with tyre management. Sunday will see the drivers enjoy 66 laps of the 4.684km circuit, with temperatures expected to be in the mid-twenties come race day.

It's hard to look beyond Mercedes this weekend, who are no doubt the favourites, as Lewis Hamilton chases a record-breaking 92nd race win. With that in mind, Red Bull did make a big step forwards in Germany last time out, with Max Verstappen about as close to Mercedes on outright pace as he has been so far this year. Let's not forget the impressive move forward made by Renault too, who will no doubt be looking to capitalise and build on their first podium in the hybrid era. Let us know what you're looking forward to about F1's first trip to Portugal in over 20 years.

107914421_3283895051661685_1647782875098675457_n.jpg

Last edited:
"Oh no, I can't imagine F1 without Grosjean and Magnussen," said no one ever.

OK, I'm only going to say this once (a promise I'm unlikely going to stick to), but I'm going to say it loud and clear:

COLTON
HERTA

If Haas is not at least giving Herta a look, they are buffoons, IMHO. I'm convinced the kid is a major talent. I'm sorry, I get the sentimentality around Mick Schumacher and wish the young man no ill will, but if I had an F1 seat available to hand out, on merit I would be taking Herta 10 times out of 10 over Schumi Jr.

OK, I'm only going to say this once (a promise I'm unlikely going to stick to), but I'm going to say it loud and clear:

COLTON
HERTA

If Haas is not at least giving Herta a look, they are buffoons, IMHO. I'm convinced the kid is a major talent. I'm sorry, I get the sentimentality around Mick Schumacher and wish the young man no ill will, but if I had an F1 seat available to hand out, on merit I would be taking Herta 10 times out of 10 over Schumi Jr.
Super License is the name of the game. how many points has Colton Herta? Probably not a lot.
If anything it should be Newgarden. He should have the Super License and he is an American.

I would love to see the Haas give Herta a test with serious consideration for a ride. But I feel this team needs two rookie drivers. I like what a team like, formerly known as, Toro Rossa has done over the years in being able to get the most out of the equipment from these up and coming drivers.

About time. For me Grosjean has outstayed his welcome in F1 by a number of years already. I had to raise an eyebrow when I saw him quoted as saying "I have learned a lot, improved to be a better driver as well as a better man." Better man perhaps, but better driver? Barely.

As for Magnussen, he's done nothing and have been strictly average at best throughout his time in F1. Again, should have made way for a promising rookie some time ago, in my opinion.

Something which isn't really mentioned in this article is that the drivers were told they were both being cut for "financial reasons". Of course that may be a (partial) excuse to try and help the drivers save some face. But if true it means Haas can't afford salaries anymore and that means they need cheap rookies, or paying rookies. Whether that bodes well for the level of talent they'll bring to the team for 2021, only time will tell.

COLTON
HERTA

I like your thinking, but of course there is the superlicense problem. As an American, I have tried to root for Haas, but it has been really hard. Rich Energy didn't help and then them mailing it in this year didn't help either. They're very good at drama though!

Having an American driver on the only American team would be great. I'm not super-patriotic, but it would be nice to hear "The Star-Spangled Banner" on the podium sometime. And it would be nice to get more interest in F1 going here.

Until then, we'll have Christian Pulisic, I guess.

Something which isn't really mentioned in this article is that the drivers were told they were both being cut for "financial reasons". Of course that may be a (partial) excuse to try and help the drivers save some face. But if true it means Haas can't afford salaries anymore and that means they need cheap rookies, or paying rookies. Whether that bodes well for the level of talent they'll bring to the team for 2021, only time will tell.

Haas will take Mazepin(hence the FIA license points ruling) and some Ferrari junior.
Both Grosjean or KMag won't beat Hamilton or Verstappen, but they're very competent F1 drivers. Certainly way more accomplished, deserving or talented than Mazepin. Remember, last season Nyck de Vries dominated F2 with Mazepin being his teammate and managing to score a grand total of 10 pts for second to last from the full-season drivers.
I hope that Mick goes to Alfa, because Haas is a mess with Gunther. Also, Schwartzman comes with some SMP backing! So Mazepin, Ferrari(free engines) and SMP will cover the team's budget.
I'd love to see Schwartzman stay in F2 for another year and Ilott taking the Haas seat, but money + ambition often don't come with much sense. A team in disarray with two rookies... Sirotkin 2.0 :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%