F1 | Grosjean and Magnussen Exit Haas

Paul Glover

RaceDepartment Social Media Manager & Podcast Host
Staff
Premium
Kent, UK
Rumour is two paid drivers, one being Mick Schumacher and the other Nikita Mazepin.

hmmm.

And Perez to Williams?

G_B

I've got a big scoop for you: Gasly won a GP a few weeks ago. Mauvais français va ! :roflmao:

Anyway it's well known around here that Grosjean was French when he was doing well and Swiss when he was not. :D

Last but not least, it is also well known that Grosjean's popularity went south when people learned he was dating, then marrying the sexiest F1 TV commentator ever.

God, I forgot about Gasly. In my defense, for 25 years, it's so rare for a Frenchman to win in F1 that we even forget his exploits ^^^

Grosjean and Magnussen Exit Haas
Yes please! Thank-you, Good-Bye, Good Night, Good Appetite - please, don't let the door hit you on your way out! :giggle: :redface: :giggle:

Nick Hill

Premium
Denver, USA
I just wanted to announce that I have been testing for Haas on F1 2020. They have been very impressed with my ability to miss apexes, kill the engine in the pits, provide no meaningful feedback on the cars performance and flat spot tires over and over.

I have in hand an offer for next season at the princely sum of 10 Euros.
Funniest RD post I've read in a long time, thank you! :laugh:

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
United Kingdom
Magnussen I think isn't bad - a team in the WEC or ELMS should give him a go, as I think that endurance racing would actually suit him. He can give good, consistent pace - and let's face it, his Dad has had an excellent career at Corvette, so there must be something in the genes.

Rrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmnnnnnnggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzznnnnnnnnnn has never impressed me from the day he sat in an F1 car. Aside from being French, I am at a loss as to why Renault ran him in the first place all those years ago. He's been another Heidfeld - albeit one that has moaned incessantly, blamed others for his general ineptitude and been blocking talent coming into F1 for year.

He will almost certainly end up in Formula E.

As for Haas - what is the point of them? I mean really, what are they achieving in F1?

Magnussen I think isn't bad - a team in the WEC or ELMS should give him a go, as I think that endurance racing would actually suit him. He can give good, consistent pace - and let's face it, his Dad has had an excellent career at Corvette, so there must be something in the genes.

Rrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmnnnnnnggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzznnnnnnnnnn has never impressed me from the day he sat in an F1 car. Aside from being French, I am at a loss as to why Renault ran him in the first place all those years ago. He's been another Heidfeld - albeit one that has moaned incessantly, blamed others for his general ineptitude and been blocking talent coming into F1 for year.

He will almost certainly end up in Formula E.

As for Haas - what is the point of them? I mean really, what are they achieving in F1?
They are filling 2 grid spots

Goodbye GrosJean, I won't miss you (in F1) and yet I am French.

I am even nostalgic for Olivier Panis, the last French rider to win a grand prix and that was in 1996...

On the 1997 F1 game, my brother regularly played Olivier Panis to compare himself to other big teams, now I can't see myself endorsing GrosJean in a game, afterwards there's something for everyone.

Magnussen, I don't know you very well but I like your name, good continuation :)

Gasly won this year, you somehow missed that?

OXandBUCKS

Premium
Wales
Goodbye GrosJean, I won't miss you (in F1) and yet I am French.

I am even nostalgic for Olivier Panis, the last French rider to win a grand prix and that was in 1996...

On the 1997 F1 game, my brother regularly played Olivier Panis to compare himself to other big teams, now I can't see myself endorsing GrosJean in a game, afterwards there's something for everyone.

Last edited:
I don't think you got the point :rolleyes:

If a Scottish driver becomes world champion or becomes a legend, then the British media mention him as British. If a Scottish drivers is good, wins a couple of races, but that's it, then the British media mention him as Scottish - how convenient :geek:
Think of us as cousions. Many English will claim a part of Scotish Northern Irish or even Welsh. But you have to understand each is indifferent to the other. For whatever reason the media sees the UK as British. Here in Canada where i live people do not know the difference between me and a Welshman or a Norther Irishman or a scosman. There are sutttle diferences down to how we talk and cultureal tradiditions.

Jason Chamberlain

Mobile Chicane
Premium
Think of us as cousions. Many English will claim a part of Scotish Northern Irish or even Welsh. But you have to understand each is indifferent to the other. For whatever reason the media sees the UK as British. Here in Canada where i live people do not know the difference between me and a Welshman or a Norther Irishman or a scosman. There are sutttle diferences down to how we talk and cultureal tradiditions.
Again, I think that you're missing the point. Everyone agrees with what you're saying. This is meant to be a joke. The English consider the Scottish to be "British" when they do well, but they want to dissociate from them when they don't. This is a very on-brand joke for Jeremy Clarkson.

I find it a lack of education at least in Canada. European georgraphy is not taught in North America. Maybe it is to contriverisal or what ever. I have gone in to the process of teaching myself American history usualy by American films. The problem is in England the scotish Northern Irish and welsh used to be cast as 2nd class citizens. And subject to un pleasant sterio types so the term UK (United kindom) makes us bound as one as we work together. But Scotland has a goverment and i beleive over time the UK will fall apart. As the Queen looses control of UK and other parts of the world. As evrey body wants to be indipendent these days and the Royal family can not provide the help they used to.

I guess they've really struggled this year, and the car hasn't been great. Decent drivers on their day.

As for replacements, anyone's guess but hopefully the king Maldonardo will return - great entertainment :thumbsup:
Maybe Russell will have a seat, if the reports about him leaving Williams transpire.

Last edited:

Are you on VR, Triple Monitors, Ultrawides or ... ?

• VR

Votes: 347 36.5%
  • Triples

Votes: 172 18.1%
  • Ultrawide

Votes: 206 21.7%
  • Single Screen / Other

Votes: 226 23.8%