Alright when was that again.....?

You do know that Williams had won three world championships before Newry had even come along?

And you do know that Frank set up Williams twice having lost it all to Walter Wolf? Before Patrick was even involved in motor racing?

Frank and Patrick are were a brilliant team, complementing each other well. Newry was only at Williams for six years or so.

I really wonder if you know anything about pre 90s F1.

Been watching it since 1980. But whatever. None of what you said disputes anything I said so not sure what your whole point is exactly. Not sure you know either tbh. You can't even spell Newey correctly.

Last edited:
Been watching it since 1980. But whatever. None of what you said disputes anything I said so not sure what your whole point is exactly. Not sure you know either tbh. You can't even spell Newey correctly.

It was a typo trapmire.

Williams successes were less about Frank and more about Patrick Head and Adrian Newey. If Franks management style and endless broken promises didn't drive Newey away, maybe they'd still be winning races. He treated his drivers like crap as well. Williams was mis managed from well before the time his daughter took over.

He was certainly the driving force that got Williams going (although Patrick Head was the genius behind the operation), but his management style never adapted to cover the fact Patrick took a few steps backward and he could no longer fully rely on his genius to pull the team through. Luckily, he hired another genius in Newey but unfortunately treated him with the same contempt he treated everyone else with and hence here we have the net result.

I think we all wish Sir Frank a quick recovery.

Capito is a top notch hire. This can only be good for Williams and I wish him all the best. It was great to see his leadership drive Volkswagen to the dominant success they had in WRC. Lets hope some of that rubs off onto the new Williams group with successes on track.

There is always one being too clever and showing they really are not.

It was a typo trapmire.

And my whole point apple blossom was that I didn't agree with a single thing you said. Not exactly a terribly appropriate post either given that Frank is in hospital and clearly in a bad way. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Was a good and reliable German and Dutch source :)

1608300322325.png

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 561801

Mod-edit: enjoy your xmas break

Last edited by a moderator:
Deserved. Not sure if he'll be as quick as MV but will see.

Perez F1 record is very good - proved he was better than Hulkenberg in the same team (won 2 out 3 years, and scored 29 more points in 2016) and hasn't been beaten since 2014.

Will Red Bull give equal to both drivers, not sure but that is impossible to prove otherwise.

Further confirmation from F1 website. I have not been this excited about a driver signing since Ricciardo moved up to Red Bull.

Last edited:
Former Racing Point driver and Grand Prix winner Sergio Perez has been confirmed as teammate to Max Verstappen at Red Bull Racing next season, extending the popular Mexican drivers stay in Formula One.

Having over performed for a number of years with midfield teams, Sergio Perez has been granted his big break for next season, teaming up with Max Verstappen at Red Bull Racing as the Austrian outfit elect to replace the underwhelming Alex Albon for next year.

Perez has signed what is understood to be an initial one-year deal with the energy drinks outfit, with outgoing driver Alex Albon having been demoted to the position of reserve driver, with a view to returning to the squad in future seasons.

Alex is a valued member of the team and we thought long and hard about this decision," said Christian Horner. "Having taken our time to evaluate all the relevant data and performances we have decided that Sergio is the right driver to partner Max for 2021 and look forward to welcoming him to Red Bull Racing"

"Alex remains an important part of our Team as Test and Reserve Driver with a key focus on 2022 development and we would like to thank him for his hard work and contribution.”

With the confirmation of Perez at Red Bull, no room in the 2021 driver market is available for Nico Hulkenberg, who continues his exile from the sport following the loss of his Renault seat at the end of 2019.

For more from the world of F1 racing, head over to the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved in the action today!

Red Bull footer.jpg

Last edited:
It'll be very interesting how Checo'll perform against Max.

I don't think he'll beat Max, but he'll definitely be closer than Alex & Pierre.

Along with Shumacher, Tsunoda and of course Mazepin (we'll need a driver to hate now Stroll is doing alright), Vettel to AM, Alonso to Alpine, it'll be a very interesting year and new cars and rules for the year after.

Also, plz let the Zandvoort GP be good :rolleyes:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing