AC F1 Formula Agile Championship 2023 Poll

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST UNDER THIS POLL, SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE!

• Track - skip

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Track - replace

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Format - one race

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Format - two sprints

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As I had some learnings and the other drivers too (pitstop strategy second race!!!),
we're doing a final testrace on one of my favorite (ex) F1 tracks.
Beautiful track, though difficult to master. It'll be challenging in the Agile with all of those up and downs to keep the car straight on corner exits (though also the Nurburgring was on the same line, in some points).

I really enjoyed last night’s format and like Han, I originally voted for the full 60 minutes.
But after having fun coming through from the back in both races, I am also leaning towards the two race, reverse grid format.
I also initially voted for the 60 minutes format, but found that yesterday's race was super fun (the fact that I got my highest place since when I'm racing here, doesn't count :rolleyes: ).

Reverse grid makes for some additional challenge for the front runners to climb the positions from the back, and give the thrill to the backmarkers like me to be in front of the pack for some time, defending against much more skilled competitors.

If we have to go to 2 sprints, (as it looks like we are) please at least leave out the pit stop. SRS as an example have hundreds of 20 min races every week. I feel one of the many reasons we are all here is because we don't want to race their 'SNACK' type races and an hour is like a proper meal maybe :unsure:
If it can be set up, maybe the full meal in the first round then the 2x30 (without pitstop) the next round etc. That way it should please all of the people some of the time?:whistling:

Thank you all so far for your input! Interesting ideas, and good stuff to think about.

Han and I have discussed a bit as well, and he and I will do some experiments on Feb 27th about a way how to realize a short sprint (no pitstop) followed by a longer race (reverse grid + pitstop). If this is relatively easy and failsafe to implement, then we may be doing this format.

In the meantime, keep those ideas flowing!

Last edited:
So after the last experience I retract my suggestion for 1h race as it gets boring fast with this less than close racing.

Maybe we should even spruce it up with 2x tyre wear or something as there was very little trafic on track.

And this AC/Emperor bug where yxou loose your Pitstop setup really sucks bowling bowls :mad:

Today I lost P2 because entering the pits I saw there was no fuel ordered which I could change on the fly, I didn´t have enough time to uncheck the unnecessary tyre change

Growling Carsten

Markus,

Indeed it's annoying that in the second race you loose the add fuel configuration in the pitstop strategy. So if you forget that, you do a pitstop that doesn't count and a second one to correct that after on track changing the setup.

So maybe we should go without a mandatory pitstop or set fuel usage percentage at 200 so that a pitstop is needed.

Last edited:
Last week, running 1st on track i pit and it refuses to work. End of race. This week, running 2nd on track same problem. Not funny anymore. This is not ready for a championship if we have to do 2 sprint races.

For me, the mandatory pit stop in sprint races does not make much sense because the strategy is quite limited, there are no speed limits unless you use Real Penalty I think and some mods have bugs in boxes. But it's just my opinion.
It's only for strategy reasons. You can try an undercut if you're stuck behind a slightly slower driver.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 233 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%