F1 | First Images From Vietnam GP Pitlane Revealed

Probably not a great idea for F1 to be going to Asia at this time considering the global pandemic we are going to be soon experiencing, CORONAVIRUS
They already have an antidote :D

corona bier.jpg

The only people who cares about track design are drivers (real and virtual)... the major audience only sees beauty in that.

Nonsense. I think you'll find a large number of the millions of people worldwide that are watching the stale racing resulting from bland "new-build" tracks care a hell of a lot about track design. I certainly do. Give me "ugly" Suzuka or Interlagos any day of the week over this Tilke crap.

Nonsense. I think you'll find a large number of the millions of people worldwide that are watching the stale racing resulting from bland "new-build" tracks care a hell of a lot about track design. I certainly do. Give me "ugly" Suzuka or Interlagos any day of the week over this Tilke crap.
I prefer """""ugly""""" Suzuka and Interlagos, but Liberty Media don't. They openly supported the idea to change Interlagos to the Tikeldrome-RJ because of... guess what... "VISUAL"... yeah... they don't give a s#1t about substance... welcome to modern F1!

It looks like a nice track, but it needs local interest to keep it on the calender. Otherwise it will be like Turkey and India. I don't think there are any Vietnamese drivers. Just Alex Albon who is from Ti land.

Has anyone else designed an F1 circuit over the last 20 years? Sometimes I wonder if it's not necessarily Tilke's fault for bland tracks, but more because of the current safety restrictions on what can be built...
In my Magazine (F1) Racing there was a interview with Mr Tike He says you are restricted by the environment you are working with. As with building anything. The FIA have certain criteria required for a track. I think the biggest problem is the car designers have to much freedom with airo. Eliminating slip streaming and calling for DRS. And the cars have to much downforce so they drive car like its on rails.

Probably not a great idea for F1 to be going to Asia at this time considering the global pandemic we are going to be soon experiencing, CORONAVIRUS

It's in the USA already and probably in Europe too...are you proposing we scrap the whole 2020 season as well? People are flying to everywhere from everywhere on a daily basis, so Vietnam being closer to China doesn't necessarily make it any more prone to having an outbreak than anywhere else.

Omg....so stupid....global pandemic...Its just another flu string. Every year THOUSANDS of people die because of the flu. This is nothing else. Back to bashing a circuit for the lame F1...continue please....

F1 Vietnam-Water on the main straights.
Has anyone noticed that there is a big puddle of water on the main straits after it rains? From the photos it looks like race would have to be canceled if it rains.
F1 Vietnam water-02.JPG

F1 Vietnam water-03.JPG

F1 Vietnam  water-04.JPG

I just watched on Formula1.com the aerial video of the Pit Building. They showed one bit of the pit lane exit. I have to say, with such a tight Turn 1 and the Pit Lane coming back to the circuit along Turn 2, the pit exit might actually be faster than the cars still on the track. This could make it very interesting, much like the pit lane exit at Singapore or Abu Dhabi.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%