Alright when was that again.....?

Cool mate.
So it's basically a 206gti stock with some safety upgrades and racing tires or there is more to it?
Is that a pro series or what type of series is that?

Since Sebastien Vettel decided to move on from Ferrari, there has been a domino effect with Sainz succeeding him at Ferrari and Ricciardo going to McLaren.

Yesterday, Youtube's algorithm proposed to me the following video that compiles the number of Formula 1 wins by manufacturer over the period 1950-2019.

As the video plays, you actually see a picture of each winner for each race during the period along with a logo of the team.

When it came to the 1980's, Alain Prost started to show up repeatedly. I also noticed that, on the years that Alain Prost showed up as a winner, his mate showed up regularly as well.

As a case study, I am providing a table showing Alain Prost's mates during his career:
Alain_Prost.png

Every year that Prost became World Champion, his mate was also a past or future World Champion.

In Prost's career, on most years, his mate was breathing down his neck.

From that, I am thinking and hope that Sainz will not play second fiddle to Leclerc as a lot of people expect.

Also, I think and hope that Vettel at Mercedes in 2021 is a distinct possibility.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
The soap opera over where Vettel will end up continues...Mercedes/Renault/etc...Haas not in love with Grosjean. Would Vettel go there, or is Grosjean locked in thru 2021? Is Bottas vulnerable with Vettel looking for a ride?

Red Bull team looks VERY strong w/ MV, Albon, and that Honda engine.

Sad day for the GTLM class as of now only Corvette and BMW for 2021? Maybe a move to GTD is in order for Corvette.

To their defense, we are a very small group that takes simracing/video games as seriously as real life.
People such as Daniel Abt have so much on the line IN THE REAL WORLD, that simracing for them may be a way to relax, have fun, connect with fans that need connection with their idol all the time.

Finally some good news! Niche car build Glickenhaus have confirmed they will field a factory two-car assault on the WEC and Le Mans 24 Hours next season.

Having been one of the first manufacturers to express an interest in the proposed new top tier LMH regulations back in 2017, Jim Glickenhaus has recently officially confirmed his eponymous squad are on track to field not one, but two manufacturer backed entries for the newly refreshed World Endurance Championship and Le Mans 24 Hours next season.

Using the Glickenhaus SCG 007 model run by the factory Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus operation, the cars are set to run under the new LMH regulations that are due to replace the current LMP1 Prototypes, joining the series alongside the already announced Toyota team and potential entries from ByKolles amongst others scheduled to race next season and beyond.

Announced Thursday, the team remain bullish about their prospects for 2021, and confirm preparations are well underway for the challenge ahead.

"In 2017 we stood up and said we would race the new Hypercar class. We are moving rapidly to fulfil that goal. The engineering of our chassis is complete, and we are finalising engineering on other components.”
"We have completed our first set of physical wind-tunnel testing, in one of the world’s top wind tunnels. We have already met several of our engineering targets, and are applying the lessons learned to move us towards additional targets.

Glickenhaus are set to use the Pipo Moteurs normally aspirated V8 in the new car, with testing of the powertrain expected to commence shortly before the team hit the circuit by the end of the year.

Original Source: dailysportscar

For more from the world of motorsport, why not head over to the RaceDepartment Motorsport sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Glickenhaus 2.jpg
Glickenhaus 3.jpg

Last edited:
Bless them and their optimism, they really think they're gonna make it to Le Mans and possibly win it too. Also real talk that car looks like something straight out of GTA, it doesn't look like a real race car but a car that's trying to look like a real race car.
I always liked the look of their 2nd car, the GT3(almost) SSG003.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.8%