Alright when was that again.....?

I don't get why they didn't name the second race at either the Red Bull Ring or Silverstone the European Grand Prix. Maybe they were afraid of anti-European Britains going mad and waving around their red £350 million busses, but I don't see any reason for Austria.

I don't get why they didn't name the second race at either the Red Bull Ring or Silverstone the European Grand Prix. Maybe they were afraid of anti-European Britains going mad and waving around their red £350 million busses, but I don't see any reason for Austria.

Yeah even Baku was fine as European Grand Prix so why not now? Strange. They could always go with Liechtenstein Grand Prix as well for Red Bull Ring, not any more wrong than the famous Luxembourg or San Marino Grand Prix's.

Beautiful cars indeed. Remembered building models of these growing up.
Does anyone know where the name LOLA came from though ?
I seem to remember reading somewhere that half the design team was in London and half were in Los Angeles hence LOLA. Although I have nothing to back that up with, so more grist for the mill.

Yeah even Baku was fine as European Grand Prix so why not now? Strange. They could always go with Liechtenstein Grand Prix as well for Red Bull Ring, not any more wrong than the famous Luxembourg or San Marino Grand Prix's.
Two of the GPs (Hungary and Spain) are sponsored by Aramco. Last time I checked, that was the Ar(ab)Am(erican) [Oil]co(mpany). The Saudis are building an F1 certified track, but they could have a Saudi Arabian GP in Europe before they are even awarded a race date! How's that for continent leaping, name swapping and plain old culture shock?

Mr. Broadley has had an amazing impact on motorsports competition and aesthetics; let's hope there is a feature film or comprehensive documentary forthcoming.

Has anyone made this breathtakingly beautiful Lola GT Mk6 for a sim?:

Tiny run of three cars and a short racing history, but the prototype is simply stunning in its color scheme and pure design.

If this car has not been made for AC, I know there are RD modders who could build it by reverse engineering the Ford GT-40. Differences abound in panels and chassis and the 260 CID thinwall Ford V8, but please?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%