Alright when was that again.....?

I doubt that, N.I is being stricter than England on Covid lockdowns. The biggest ferries are in the south too and they won't be allowed through the republic. Scotland is also being stricter than England and ignoring Boris last I heard.

Well they wont need to now anyway as UK government have given the exemption from the quarantine laws as long as they give their exact movements. Also not entirely sure where all the team personell are going to stay with hotels etc still being closed

Well they wont need to now anyway as UK government have given the exemption from the quarantine laws as long as they give their exact movements. Also not entirely sure where all the team personell are going to stay with hotels etc still being closed
Its' a weird one. I hope they do manage to go ahead but I don't think N.I is going to be able to play a part. It would probably be safer to take the Calais ferry to get into the UK (I assume all the UK based ones are already at their home bases). they could avoid most human interaction by taking the ferry.

The FIA has confirmed the European portion of the Formula One season will start this July 5th, with a double header event around the Austrian Red Bull Ring set to finally kick off the 2020 racing season.

Austria has long been expected to open the much delayed new season, the the FIA have now confirmed the Red Bull owned facility will host back to back races on July 5th and 12th, although the proposed reverse layout option for round two has allegedly been rejected by the sports governing body.

In a bid to make up for lost time thanks to Covid-19 enforced delays, Formula One plan to hold an incredible eight races over a nine week period, with the British Grand Prix at Silverstone set to join Austria as a double header event, hosting the fourth and fifth rounds of the season following a one week break after round 3 at the Hungaroring.

Chase Carey, Chairman and CEO of Formula 1, said: “In the past weeks we have been working tirelessly with all our partners, the FIA and the teams to create a revised opening 2020 calendar allowing us to restart racing in the safest possible way.
"We are pleased to be able to set out our opening eight race calendar today and look forward to publishing our full calendar in the coming weeks.
"I want to thank every promoter and partner for their support and ongoing commitment to Formula 1.
"While we currently expect the season to commence without fans at our races we hope that over the coming months the situation will allow us to welcome them back once it is safe to do, but we know the return of Formula 1 will be a welcome boost to sports fans around the world.”

The current Formula One calendar

Formula 1 Rolex Grosser Preis von OsterreichThe Red Bull Ring, AustriaJuly 3-5
Formula 1 Pirelli Grosser Preis der SteiermarkThe Red Bull Ring, AustriaJuly 10-12
Formula 1 Aramco Magyar NagydijThe Hungaroring, HungaryJuly 17-19
Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand PrixSilverstone, UKJuly 31 - August 2
Emirates Formula 1 70th Anniversary Grand PrixSilverstone, UKAugust 7-9
Formula 1 Aramco Gran Premio de EspanaCircuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, SpainAugust 14-16
Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand PrixSpa-Francorchamps, BelgiumAugust 28-30
Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken d'ItaliaMonza, ItalySeptember 4-6

Formula One remain hopeful of further races outside of Europe later in the year, however these are still under negotiation between governments, circuit management and the FIA, and it is thought that several European venues that aren't currently on the Grand Prix schedule remain on standby should current plans fail to materialise.

In other news, both the F2 and F3 support series have confirmed they will be present for all eight European rounds of the season, finally getting both categories off the ground alongside the main championship.

Original Source: F1

Want to know more about the world of Formula One racing? Start a thread in the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with the community today!

F1 2020 Schedule.jpg

Just when my F1 TV sub expires - Oh they've extended it by a whole.... month due to the COVID situation, despite initially saying two, but then retracting that a week later.

The money isn't important for me, and I do understand the situation, so I'll happily continue to support F1, but honestly I'd have preferred that they'd have done nothing rather than offer 2 months only to reduce it to 1 month a week later.

Anyway I'm glad we're going to get some races this year.

Just when my F1 TV sub expires - Oh they've extended it by a whole.... month due to the COVID situation, despite initially saying two, but then retracting that a week later.

The money isn't important for me, and I do understand the situation, so I'll happily continue to support F1, but honestly I'd have preferred that they'd have done nothing rather than offer 2 months only to reduce it to 1 month a week later.

You should have been extended by three months in total. 2 months and then later another month (reduced from two)
It was terrible PR taking back a month. I signed up in the time leading up to the start of the season, when they offered a discount. I now have the option of renewing mid season and missing the pre-season discount. Even the four months is in affect, nothing. At least it felt like a gesture, but then to claw back a month.

They gave you 3 months for free and not 1.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.3%