• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

F1 | First Eight European Races Confirmed | Austria / UK Double Header

Ricoow

Assetto Corsa Competizione Club Staff
Staff member
Premium
Nov 13, 2010
Maybe stupid question:
Will the double header events be raced with identical track layouts?
Presumably yes. No announcements have been made on different layouts.

John-Eric Saxén

1000RPM
Premium
Jan 31, 2010
I don't get why they didn't name the second race at either the Red Bull Ring or Silverstone the European Grand Prix. Maybe they were afraid of anti-European Britains going mad and waving around their red £350 million busses, but I don't see any reason for Austria.
Yeah even Baku was fine as European Grand Prix so why not now? Strange. They could always go with Liechtenstein Grand Prix as well for Red Bull Ring, not any more wrong than the famous Luxembourg or San Marino Grand Prix's.

Reactions: stenovitz

Fat-Alfie

2000RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2012
Or the Swiss Grand Prix... held in France.

Good to have F1 back, as long as it's all done safely.

Reactions: stenovitz

Jach

100RPM
Sep 2, 2014
How is the first British GP possible after less than 14 days of Hungarian GP

Ruttman98

100RPM
Premium
May 8, 2019
Yeah even Baku was fine as European Grand Prix so why not now? Strange. They could always go with Liechtenstein Grand Prix as well for Red Bull Ring, not any more wrong than the famous Luxembourg or San Marino Grand Prix's.
Two of the GPs (Hungary and Spain) are sponsored by Aramco. Last time I checked, that was the Ar(ab)Am(erican) [Oil]co(mpany). The Saudis are building an F1 certified track, but they could have a Saudi Arabian GP in Europe before they are even awarded a race date! How's that for continent leaping, name swapping and plain old culture shock?

Reactions: BrunoB

Slapped

250RPM
Oct 2, 2019
Reverse the track for the second weekend!! That would be something to see.
Run off configuration and the placement of various structures would make it unsafe to do a reverse track, at least in the case of Silverstone. Chain Bear explains way better than I can in this video.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDwyer and wroobel

Kurtalis

1RPM
Jan 2, 2019
If I remember correctly the championship is only valid when the races are held at more continents (2-3?). So more races have to follow, outside of Europe.

5-Card-Major

250RPM
Premium
Apr 6, 2020
The soap opera over where Vettel will end up continues...Mercedes/Renault/etc...Haas not in love with Grosjean. Would Vettel go there, or is Grosjean locked in thru 2021? Is Bottas vulnerable with Vettel looking for a ride?

Red Bull team looks VERY strong w/ MV, Albon, and that Honda engine.

BillyBobSenna

75RPM
Premium
Dec 30, 2010
Maybe they could change of the tire formula for race 2 on the double headers? If Bernie was charge he would add sprinklers for race 2.