F1 | Ferrari Reveal The New SF1000 2020 Grand Prix Challenger

Count yourself lucky if you did not watch the reveal live. I happened to see most of it because of a phone notification from F1.com.

Opulent opera house stage on which some kind of kinetic ballet accompanied by a DJ and composer-led orchestra* preceded a bunch of boring to tears talk with Binnoto (sp?) along with Seb** and Charles. Underwhelming.

The whole spiel ended with the president of Ferrari pulling a badly creased Italian tri-color out his suit pocket*** along with equally bedraggled bland blanca (blanco?) "Essere Ferrari" flag on which the grey hashtag slogan barely showed up. El presidente then draped the red, white and green over Vettel's shoulders. (Really, he did!) I have seen better produced kindergarten pageants.

I agree with the comments about matte red--at least the dancers' outfits were gloss red with white stripes!

*Not a bad commissioned theme, but the best thing about it was the screaming engine "notes" which were decidedly NOT hybrid V6!

**Could someone please find this poor man a decent barber? I mean hecdoesnt use his rear view mirrors in the race, but someone shouls show him hiw bad the back of his hair looks.

***Didn't he and one other company big wig get the memo to wear a black suit instead of blue?

I would like to see the red cars help make things interesting this sesson, but the reveal failed to ignite any passion in this Italian-American.

Set the German**** down and put Italian-Aussie in his seat. Oh wait, he's making big bucks parading around in a Renault.

****I am also German-American. Not a Vettel fan (because of his whining), but appreciate his talent and achievements and apparent love for Ferrari, the Beatles, and knowledge of F1 heritage.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is subliminal and maybe there are more pics...but isn't it interesting that they used Leclerc's car for the picture with both drivers standing next to it? Does this mean they're putting all their WDC hopes in him this year?

If the car remains competitive to Merc and RELIABLE (crucial because the Mercs rarely ever break down)...and Ferrari gives Leclerc the "A" strategies from Australia onwards (and hopefully they're good strategies)...then this might very well be the year...

...that one of them becomes runner-up in the WDC because Hamilton will still grab #7 anyways :D. I just want it to be a close title fight down to the final races.

Looks about the same for me.

It is cleaner but I still find F1 liveries to be bland compared to GT3, Indy and so on.

I love collecting scale models but I never buy any more F1 models because they look largely the same if you look at the span of a few years. The evolution of the liveries is extremely slow and incremental.

A car that last year technically was the fastest of the field, yet was unable to use that speed except in only a few limited venues. I see another Silver year coming. (drat!, dangit, grmble)

they worked to improve on the losing speed at the corners , now we all have to wait and see if they really improved on that aspect. If they somehow have better downforce than the mercs Ferrari can win more races , the title though.... strategy needs to be on point and Ferrari are know for very stupid mistakes in basic situations

as someone said here in this thread ... shorter axles less wheelbase would be perfect ... it would look even more "aggressive" ...
during the 90-2008 it was perfect ... I never liked the 2009-2016 era "skinny", "thin" ... from 2019 onwards, this is when these cars look better ... more mature the design because there was no rule changes (I never liked shark fin)

this year I hope it's like the year 2000
Hakkinen (gray car) vs Schumacher (red car) fight until the end.
Hamilton (gray car) vs leclerc (red car) .....

16 Japanese Grand Prix Japan Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka gz8Wqap.jpg

The 2000 season was almost, ALMOST perfect:
hackk vs schumi final fight (01 doesn't count)
Ferrari first victory in 21 years!
1st year of white and blue williams
1st year of black and orange arrows
Last year of no TC (harder driving)
Last year of "original" minardi.
Benneton's last year "original."
Jaguar's first year.
First year of Rubens in Ferrari.
vestappen returns ...
last year of an Argentine:) in F1 ...

full of tobacco and no ugly circuits...
fist year of indyanapolis

and the last year of "old school" pilots. (except hill) (they were not montoya, raikkonen, alonso and the other "kids" ... only "gentlemen")

many more things made it special to 2000 ... 99 was truncated by the schumi accident ... and 01 hackkinen had no motivation to fight knowing that he was retiring ... schumi had it easy.

00 F1 2000 real season 1.jpg

FERRARI F-2000
it was the last year of ferrari with "high nose" in many many years
(almost last year without the ugly vodafone logo)

10 Austrian Grand Prix Austria A1-Ring, Spielberg 260.jpg

MCLAREN MP4/15
it's so sexy
"hakkiller" in spa..and overtaking
05 Spanish Grand Prix Spain Circuit de Catalunya, Montmeló f1-spanish-gp-2000-mika-hakkinen-mc...jpg

even the damn Minardi M02 of Gene and Mazzacane was very striking ... and within the design, also "aggressive".

09 French Grand Prix France Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours, Magny-Cours France 2000 Gaston Mazz...jpg

14 Italian Grand Prix Italy Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza Italy 2000 Gaston Mazzacane Minar...jpg

That's why I don't get away from F1 Challenge 99-02...

01 Australian Grand Prix Australia Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne 00.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently the styling is by the famous Italian design house Copezi e Paztie. :thumbsup:
Must be a blessing and a curse for a design studio...
On the one hand it's the mighty world renowned Ferrari asking your company to design the livery for their new title challenger!
But then on the other hand, reality kicks in and when you ask them what sort of design they want and they say, Red...

as someone said here in this thread ... shorter axles less wheelbase would be perfect ... it would look even more "aggressive" ...
during the 90-2008 it was perfect ... I never liked the 2009-2016 era "skinny", "thin" ... from 2019 onwards, this is when these cars look better ... more mature the design because there was no rule changes (I never liked shark fin)

this year I hope it's like the year 2000
Hakkinen (gray car) vs Schumacher (red car) fight until the end.
Hamilton (gray car) vs leclerc (red car) .....

View attachment 348911

The 2000 season was almost, ALMOST perfect:
hackk vs schumi final fight (01 doesn't count)
Ferrari first victory in 21 years!
1st year of white and blue williams
1st year of black and orange arrows
Last year of no TC (harder driving)
Last year of "original" minardi.
Benneton's last year "original."
Jaguar's first year.
First year of Rubens in Ferrari.
vestappen returns ...
last year of an Argentine:) in F1 ...

full of tobacco and no ugly circuits...
fist year of indyanapolis

and the last year of "old school" pilots. (except hill) (they were not montoya, raikkonen, alonso and the other "kids" ... only "gentlemen")

many more things made it special to 2000 ... 99 was truncated by the schumi accident ... and 01 hackkinen had no motivation to fight knowing that he was retiring ... schumi had it easy.

View attachment 348901

FERRARI F-2000
it was the last year of ferrari with "high nose" in many many years
(almost last year without the ugly vodafone logo)

View attachment 348903

MCLAREN MP4/15
it's so sexy
"hakkiller" in spa..and overtaking
View attachment 348905

even the damn Minardi M02 of Gene and Mazzacane was very striking ... and within the design, also "aggressive".

View attachment 348908

View attachment 348909

That's why I don't get away from F1 Challenge 99-02...

View attachment 348910
Man.... too much playing games. :rolleyes:
In this particular case F1 challenge '99-'02.
The same way I stuck in CART season '96, thanks to playing too much game from my avatar.
I spend a ton of times looking at these cars, listen about the same pilots, gazing at these oh so beautiful (or are they?:O_o:) liveries and the same for you - staring all these years at F1 2000 cars.
"2000 is special cause it's a first year of...", "2000 is special year cause it's a last year of..."
make peace with yourself... it's all in your head. :)
2000 is just another year in F1 circus.

You wasted your energy on this wall of text in vain. :D

Last edited:
Bigger wings , more load
+ Downforce
- Top Speed

For a car that last year that was fastest (only in qualifying) I pray this is for the best, where the lower top speed and higher downforce would allow them to use the tyres in the right window more often, winning on all types of circuits.

Seems like mercedes is up for serious competition this year, competition is always welcome when striving to be the best. Likewise, there's fierce competition among FO76 caps sellers to claim the top spot and get most sales.

Last edited:
Bigger wings , more load
+ Downforce
- Top Speed
For a car that last year that was fastest (only in qualifying) I pray this is for the best, where the lower top speed and higher downforce would allow them to use the tyres in the right window more often, winning on all types of circuits.
Are you talking about F1 cars spec in this season or you talking only about Ferrari ?
If it's all that simple they would make those changes last year and solve all their problems about lack of downforce (comparing to Mercedes) on their car. Put some bigger wings and voila, we're glued to track.
But if we talking about changes in regulations... then it's ok but all cars will benefit from new regulations not just Ferrari.
Wait, are wings bigger this season ? :O_o: I suck at following rules changelogs... :rolleyes::D

Spotting the evolutions from last year is beyond mortal knowledge, unless maybe if you have the 2019 and 2020 cars side by side in front of you.

Count yourself lucky if you did not watch the reveal live. I happened to see most of it because of a phone notification from F1.com.

Opulent opera house stage on which some kind of kinetic ballet accompanied by a DJ and composer-led orchestra* preceded a bunch of boring to tears talk with Binnoto (sp?) along with Seb** and Charles. Underwhelming.

The whole spiel ended with the president of Ferrari pulling a badly creased Italian tri-color out his suit pocket*** along with equally bedraggled bland blanca (blanco?) "Essere Ferrari" flag on which the grey hashtag slogan barely showed up. El presidente then draped the red, white and green over Vettel's shoulders. (Really, he did!) I have seen better produced kindergarten pageants.

I agree with the comments about matte red--at least the dancers' outfits were gloss red with white stripes!

*Not a bad commissioned theme, but the best thing about it was the screaming engine "notes" which were decidedly NOT hybrid V6!

**Could someone please find this poor man a decent barber? I mean hecdoesnt use his rear view mirrors in the race, but someone shouls show him hiw bad the back of his hair looks.

***Didn't he and one other company big wig get the memo to wear a black suit instead of blue?

I would like to see the red cars help make things interesting this sesson, but the reveal failed to ignite any passion in this Italian-American.

Set the German**** down and put Italian-Aussie in his seat. Oh wait, he's making big bucks parading around in a Renault.

****I am also German-American. Not a Vettel fan (because of his whining), but appreciate his talent and achievements and apparent love for Ferrari, the Beatles, and knowledge of F1 heritage.

After reading your post I watched part of the replay on Youtube (skipping the blabber) and I don't regret it, it was the most funny piece of kitsch since Dead Or Alive music video clips.

Last edited:
Spotting the evolutions from last year is beyond mortal knowledge, unless maybe if you have the 2019 and 2020 cars side by side in front of you.

After reading your post I watched part of the replay on Youtube (skipping the blabber) and I don't regret it, it was the most funny piece of kitsch since Dead Or Alive music video clips.
Naamloos.jpg

I agree, they should cut a foot off the width and three off the length that front wing is hideous. I prefer this great looking Ferrari, 1000x more sexy
View attachment 348831
The wing is vital for down force. Teams get as much as they can get away with in the regs.
As for the car above its blocky all those 90 deg angles. OK in the day but airo has come a long way since this car. But you can draft it and pass it unlike the modern cars.

When you put 2019 pictures side-by-side (yeah i did that) the differences are minimal; 2019 has a bit of black paint on the front wing and some other small stuff.

Probably relatively little is being spent on major bodywork development this year, for obvious reasons.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.8%