F1 Failures and Puncture Mod

Misc F1 Failures and Puncture Mod 5.3 with new Experimental Version

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 408599

Do not worry, friend. It is so curious that changing the value does not have changes in the wear... I do not know if they have moved the files to another side... I don’t know what’s going on. Greetings!

These are the wear files for each compound ( was editing these that do nothing "<WearRate value =" 0.82 "/>)
wear-jpg.387482

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not worry, friend. It is so curious that changing the value does not have changes in the wear... I do not know if they have moved the files to another side... I don’t know what’s going on. Greetings!

These are the wear files for each compound ( was editing these that do nothing "<WearRate value =" 0.82 "/>)
wear-jpg.387482

These values change wear rate in terms of setup. So changing pressures etc will move the wear rate between these values. There is a main wear rate at the start of each compound that controls base wear rate and this is the value you need to change

• Deleted member 408599

@andyandy989898

Hello. I’m happy with the adjustments I made to wear on the compounds. The soft tires lasted too long. In Vietnam, a normal lap ( without skidding or blocking ) was completed a lap with 2% wear. A 2% wear for 23 laps gives a total of 46% wear. Which was very low. Increase it to 3%, and now it’s 3%x23, 69% wear.

The hard tyres spent in the same circumstances 1%. Going 40 laps gave a wear of 40%. I raised it to 1.5% wear per lap.

A tire can’t last longer than it advertises its recommended life. If the soft has a recommended life of 23 laps, you should reach 23 laps with more wear than 46%.

• Deleted member 408599

Have you done the wear rate practice session to get a new recommended life. The default value here is based upon Codemasters wear rates. Once you do the tyre wear practice session it should update
I have to do more tests... but actually, I just gave a little more wear to each compound. I think it scales only on each circuit. I will keep you informed, if I see something strange. Do not hesitate, friend ;) Greetings!!!

Edit: I think an important point is to add that I play 100% every GP. I think it’s better scaled to 100% laps.

@andyandy989898

Hello. I’m happy with the adjustments I made to wear on the compounds. The soft tires lasted too long. In Vietnam, a normal lap ( without skidding or blocking ) was completed a lap with 2% wear. A 2% wear for 23 laps gives a total of 46% wear. Which was very low. Increase it to 3%, and now it’s 3%x23, 69% wear.

The hard tyres spent in the same circumstances 1%. Going 40 laps gave a wear of 40%. I raised it to 1.5% wear per lap.

A tire can’t last longer than it advertises its recommended life. If the soft has a recommended life of 23 laps, you should reach 23 laps with more wear than 46%.

Out of curiosity, you talk about 2 or 3 % per lap. Is it a regular consumption? Or is it possible that after a certain percentage the tyre wears out more quickly?
Example: from 0 to 20 % at 2 %per lap and then after the cliff you have like a 4-5% per lap? Or is it always regular?

• Deleted member 408599

Out of curiosity, you talk about 2 or 3 % per lap. Is it a regular consumption? Or is it possible that after a certain percentage the tyre wears out more quickly?
Example: from 0 to 20 % at 2 %per lap and then after the cliff you have like a 4-5% per lap? Or is it always regular?
It is always regular, if we drive consistently and similarly on each turn;)

Good find. So this controls wear for each car corner by corner on each track? The compound value must be a common value used along side these values?

Have you ever tried the Tod files? I can see it contains the dynamic weather information but cant beat the encryption

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 408599

Let’s say tyrecompounds is a general setting, which is then automatically scaled.... And that PKG, it would be a custom circuit-to-circuit setting.

• Deleted member 408599

Feedback request to everyone - Using the latest version of experimental mod - How many gearbox issues have you had?
Thanks
Hello, the Mod is spectacular. It gives it a very good playability. In my opinion, breakages occurred too, and lasted a lot. I made some adjustments in case you are interested in including these new numbers in your Mod:

<JammedGearPermanentThreshold value="0.66" />

<JammedGearTemporaryThreshold value="0.20" />

Greetings!!!

Hello, the Mod is spectacular. It gives it a very good playability. In my opinion, breakages occurred too, and lasted a lot. I made some adjustments in case you are interested in including these new numbers in your Mod:

<JammedGearPermanentThreshold value="0.66" />

<JammedGearTemporaryThreshold value="0.20" />

Greetings!!!

Was that with the latest experimental version? I have done 4 x 50% races so far with no gearbox issues

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 129 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.6%