F1 Failures and Puncture Mod

Misc F1 Failures and Puncture Mod 5.3 with new Experimental Version

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'd like to see a combined file with your current data, which you think run fine.
I had the damage from realistic already without suspension damage values of that mod and higher speed threshold and had the debris set to 0.5, but still one touch of the tyre from another car (even its tyre) and it is immediately gone.

Feedback on 5.3 with experimental gearbox failure: first race in Hungary I missed the 2nd gear until the end of the race. Liked that I couldn't use it but no big deal as I could use the 3rd instead.

2nd race in SPA got stuck in 7th gear during qualifiying. Did not enjoy it... Twice in a row may be a bit too much. Would suggest to base it on a highee threshold or maybe diminishing the original wear required on the gearbox to make this happen. Concept is good but at the moment I am going back to 5.3 normal version

I'd like to see a combined file with your current data, which you think run fine.
I had the damage from realistic already without suspension damage values of that mod and higher speed threshold and had the debris set to 0.5, but still one touch of the tyre from another car (even its tyre) and it is immediately gone.

I can send you my Vtf file by PM!

Agree its happening too much, I am to keep increasing the probability value of the chance of it happening. I am going to remove the permanent jam as it instantly ends your race with no reason as to why. Just keep the temporary jam that can last whole race and the missed gear issue.

Last edited:
btw. what is the first value , kph speed?
Code:
      <CollisionSpeedTyreDamageRateSpline numVertices="3">
        <SplineElement x="0" y="0" op="=" />
        <SplineElement x="20.0" y="0.01" op="=" />
        <SplineElement x="30.0" y="1.0" op="=" />
      </CollisionSpeedTyreDamageRateSpline>

So, the tyre gets 100% damage at 30 kph already? Then how about

Code:
      <CollisionSpeedTyreDamageRateSpline numVertices="7">
        <SplineElement x="50.0" y="0.1" op="=" />
        <SplineElement x="100.0" y="0.25" op="=" />
        <SplineElement x="150.0" y="0.5" op="=" />
        <SplineElement x="200.0" y="0.75" op="=" />
        <SplineElement x="250.0" y="1.0" op="=" />

btw. what is the first value , kph speed?
Code:
      <CollisionSpeedTyreDamageRateSpline numVertices="3">

So, the tyre gets 100% damage at 30 kph already? Then how about

Code:
      <CollisionSpeedTyreDamageRateSpline numVertices="7">
        <SplineElement x="50.0" y="0.1" op="=" />
        <SplineElement x="100.0" y="0.25" op="=" />
        <SplineElement x="150.0" y="0.5" op="=" />
        <SplineElement x="200.0" y="0.75" op="=" />
        <SplineElement x="250.0" y="1.0" op="=" />

This will be a very interesting tweak. Do I understand correctly by saying it gives you different probability of damage based on speed? If so it may make for an even more complex and realistic situation. And the game can just accept more vertices, from 3 to 7 based on our will? I'm willing to test it!

BTW what do we mean with TyreDamageRate?Is it connected to puncture or is it completely different? Thanks for the explanation

Last edited:
I have not been able to find logic in those lines. the values i used just seemed right in testing. I tried something similar to what you put and it breaks on the slightest hit
Well, it is called a spline, so if I really consider it a spline ...
1617296911827.png

Your values lead to negative section between the first and second parameter (white line)

collision speed tyre damage rate spline
I mean the parameter says it so, not collision time tyre damage rate spline

so to me, from logic, it is speed / damage

the real question to me is: why is the original value for the last point (30) only 0.04

Last edited:
just tried

<SplineElement x="2000.0" y="0.01" op="=" />
<SplineElement x="5000.0" y="0.1" op="=" />
<SplineElement x="10000.0" y="0.25" op="=" />

if it was speed damage it means you would have to be going 2000kph to do 0.01 damage. When testing the slightest tap and 100% damage.

Changed back to

<SplineElement x="20.0" y="0.0" op="=" />

and had to hit the wall 3 times to get 100% damage

Last edited:
Yeah, I think it is speed but probably not in total. Else why would they choose 30? Maybe it is somehow a multiplicator, hm
you say 3 times to 100? 1.0 = 100/30 = ~3 :D

Last edited:
Edit²: My previous post was correct. Somehow this spline doesn't affect any real difference to me, I can set both splines to 0 and get the exact same amount of damage. One fast hit and tyre damaged.

Hm, maybe because of PunctureResistanceMultiplier? in the game's default vtf, changing the spline had an effect.

... setting it to 50 made no difference, lol

Last edited:
Edit²: My previous post was correct. Somehow this spline doesn't affect any real difference to me, I can set both splines to 0 and get the exact same amount of damage. One fast hit and tyre damaged.

Hm, maybe because of PunctureResistanceMultiplier? in the game's default vtf, changing the spline had an effect.

... setting it to 50 made no difference, lol

Welcome to my world. No logic to it lol

So, you must not test the wall for hitting tyres ... why I did not think of it. My tyres go pow instant against a wall, no matter the spline or resistance BUT, if I change the values to default
Code:
      <DebrisPunctureMinSpeed value="14.0" />
      <DebrisPunctureMaxSpeed value="77.0" />
      <DebrisPunctureProbabilityAtMinSpeed value="0.02" />
      <DebrisPunctureProbabilityAtMaxSpeed value="0.2" />
      <DebrisPunctureInvulnerabilityPeriod value="1.0" />]/code]
The tyre no more goes instant death against a wall ... I did not test each line, just wanted to see what has an impact - and no other line had any impact at all. None.

On another hand I think that the AI has different puncture probabilities than the player, as if the values did not matter. Several hits that resulted in punctures to me did not cause it to the computer, I saw only one in dozens

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%