F1 Failures and Puncture Mod

Misc F1 Failures and Puncture Mod 5.3 with new Experimental Version

Login or Register an account to download this content
Do not worry, friend. It is so curious that changing the value does not have changes in the wear... I do not know if they have moved the files to another side... I don’t know what’s going on. Greetings!

These are the wear files for each compound ( was editing these that do nothing "<WearRate value =" 0.82 "/>)
wear-jpg.387482

Last edited:
Do not worry, friend. It is so curious that changing the value does not have changes in the wear... I do not know if they have moved the files to another side... I don’t know what’s going on. Greetings!

These are the wear files for each compound ( was editing these that do nothing "<WearRate value =" 0.82 "/>)
wear-jpg.387482

These values change wear rate in terms of setup. So changing pressures etc will move the wear rate between these values. There is a main wear rate at the start of each compound that controls base wear rate and this is the value you need to change

@andyandy989898

Hello. I’m happy with the adjustments I made to wear on the compounds. The soft tires lasted too long. In Vietnam, a normal lap ( without skidding or blocking ) was completed a lap with 2% wear. A 2% wear for 23 laps gives a total of 46% wear. Which was very low. Increase it to 3%, and now it’s 3%x23, 69% wear.

The hard tyres spent in the same circumstances 1%. Going 40 laps gave a wear of 40%. I raised it to 1.5% wear per lap.

A tire can’t last longer than it advertises its recommended life. If the soft has a recommended life of 23 laps, you should reach 23 laps with more wear than 46%.

Last edited:
Have you done the wear rate practice session to get a new recommended life. The default value here is based upon Codemasters wear rates. Once you do the tyre wear practice session it should update
I have to do more tests... but actually, I just gave a little more wear to each compound. I think it scales only on each circuit. I will keep you informed, if I see something strange. Do not hesitate, friend ;) Greetings!!!

Edit: I think an important point is to add that I play 100% every GP. I think it’s better scaled to 100% laps.

Last edited:
@andyandy989898

Hello. I’m happy with the adjustments I made to wear on the compounds. The soft tires lasted too long. In Vietnam, a normal lap ( without skidding or blocking ) was completed a lap with 2% wear. A 2% wear for 23 laps gives a total of 46% wear. Which was very low. Increase it to 3%, and now it’s 3%x23, 69% wear.

The hard tyres spent in the same circumstances 1%. Going 40 laps gave a wear of 40%. I raised it to 1.5% wear per lap.

A tire can’t last longer than it advertises its recommended life. If the soft has a recommended life of 23 laps, you should reach 23 laps with more wear than 46%.

Out of curiosity, you talk about 2 or 3 % per lap. Is it a regular consumption? Or is it possible that after a certain percentage the tyre wears out more quickly?
Example: from 0 to 20 % at 2 %per lap and then after the cliff you have like a 4-5% per lap? Or is it always regular?

Good find. So this controls wear for each car corner by corner on each track? The compound value must be a common value used along side these values?

Have you ever tried the Tod files? I can see it contains the dynamic weather information but cant beat the encryption

Last edited:
Feedback request to everyone - Using the latest version of experimental mod - How many gearbox issues have you had?
Thanks
Hello, the Mod is spectacular. It gives it a very good playability. In my opinion, breakages occurred too, and lasted a lot. I made some adjustments in case you are interested in including these new numbers in your Mod:

<JammedGearPermanentThreshold value="0.66" />

<JammedGearTemporaryThreshold value="0.20" />

Greetings!!!

Hello, the Mod is spectacular. It gives it a very good playability. In my opinion, breakages occurred too, and lasted a lot. I made some adjustments in case you are interested in including these new numbers in your Mod:

<JammedGearPermanentThreshold value="0.66" />

<JammedGearTemporaryThreshold value="0.20" />

Greetings!!!

Was that with the latest experimental version? I have done 4 x 50% races so far with no gearbox issues

RaceDepartment Store

• Featured
The Trak Racer RS6 is a fully adjustable gaming machine! Featuring an adjustable pedal plate, wheel mount and bucket seat, the RS6 is predrilled for all the big name brands and will see you competing at the highest level in no time! The RS6's 2" iron construction will ensure stable gameplay...
Every tenth of a second counts! If you’re looking for pedals that help you to be both quick and consistent, look no further. Years of experience and all new testing methods have been used during the development of this innovative top-of-the line simulator product: the Heusinkveld Sim Pedals...
  • Featured
Developed together with BMW M Motorsport, the Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3 is the actual wheel made for the 2022 BMW M4 GT3 race car. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 1399,95 It doesn’t get more authentic than this. For the first time in sim racing history, a steering wheel has been...
The ELITE Series is designed to enhance your gaming experience. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 299,95 A combination of form and function, these chairs are designed to give a wide range of adjustability to fit gamers preferences and movements throughout the day. Featuring high-quality...
High quality pedal set for the most demanding drivers. Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Ultimate+ is designed for high-end professional motorsport simulators. Buy now from simucube.com for € 1079,01 A strong, durable, and adjustable design capable of handling up to 140kg of actual force at the brake...
With a focus on sleek, minimalist aesthetics and premium materials it’s easy to see how our Element series breathes new life into our range of products. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 350,95 Taking all the most loved features from our existing chairs and adding some new sought-after design...