F1 Failures and Puncture Mod

Misc F1 Failures and Puncture Mod 5.3 with new Experimental Version

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, after some testing I think I will go back to version 4.6 as now almost every time i hit a debris I will have a puncture. I really like the way punctures are managed and loved when I had a sudden crash, as I really want to love this 5.1 version how can I modify it to be less likely to have a puncture? The way it is now I feel a bit frustrating. Thanks!

I like how the car behaves, but not the puncture probability

Last edited:
Can you please post your changes in a spoiler at the overview page and keep those uptodate, so one does not have to go through all the discussions to see, what has been changed.

RD is often extremely slow for my ISP so downloading a few hundred MB for a few textlines (which could also be provided differently, either with modular performance mod - or at least also as raw xml files) is a killer for me.

Last edited:
To ParkYonglrr
Can you please post your changes in a spoiler at the overview page and keep those uptodate, so one does not have to go through all the discussions to see, what has been changed.

RD is often extremely slow for my ISP so downloading a few hundred MB for a few textlines (which could also be provided differently, either with modular performance mod - or at least also as raw xml files) is a killer for me.

changes for v5.1

430 & 478<PunctureSpringConstantMultiplier value="0.100000" />
431 & 479<PunctureSpringDampingMultiplier value="0.100000" />
432 & 480<PunctureRadiusMultiplier value="0.000000" />
433 & 481<PunctureGripMultiplier value="0" />
434 & 482<PunctureResistanceMultiplier value="0.0" />
438 & 485<BurstGripMultiplier value="50000000" />
455 & 502<SplineElement x="10.0" y="0.01" op="=" />
456 & 503<SplineElement x="40.0" y="0.1" op="=" />

Maybe this can help Yoy

Feedback: I really liked that during qualifiying I lost the possibility to upshift at all due to a gearbox issue. Only downshift, which at some point forced me to retire. First i drove back to the box in 3rd gear but the issue was still there when going for another out lap so I shifted down to neutral and retired from quali.

This gearbox issue was not scripted by the game as it was not disclaimed in the pitlane and the engineer did not acknowledge anything about it. My gearbox was not even damaged a lot so I think I was very unlucky?

Before you ask, the gears buttons on my wheel rim worked fine and in race I could upshift with no issues.

Also about punctures I really like how the car behaves, if you floor the throttle too much you can blast the tyre and spin badly into the wall. I only decreased punctures probability to match my needs but it feels good to know they are there to mix things up!

andyandy989898 updated F1 Failures and Puncture Mod with a new update entry:

F12020 Puncture & Failure Mod v5.2 with Experimental.zip

New v5.2 version has reduced probability of debris puncture. After race at weekend felt chance should be lowered.
Also effect of wear to CE now occurs at all speeds when its really worn.
Small changes to engine fuel burn rate using different mixtures
Small changes to engine temperatures using different mixtures.

Also included is a new experimental version with gearbox issues that can occur at any time in the life of the gearbox. Jammed gears and missing gears causing short temporary...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have a question... the mod changes also the ease of the damages? because after installing it seems that just touching a little bit an opponent car the suspensions breaks.
I don't understand if it's only mine feel or if it's the right behavior after mod installation.

Thanks for the reply.

I kept the suspension damage default, but have realistic damage values for frontwings. When I touch another car's wheel with my wheel, I get instant puncture (the A.I. never gets damage).

OK strange. Damage wasn't edited for v4.6 so it shouldnt have any effect on that. With v5.1 the puncture value was a bit high so try v5.3 and it should be more balanced. Let me know if not

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back