F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Team - Haas F1

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Haas F1 Rate the Team 3.jpg

Eight place Constructors Championship finisher and second season entrant, Haas F1 are next in our latest 'Rate the Team' feature.

Performing admirably considering the relatively small budget and young age of this American based team, Haas F1 had another very solid year of Grand Prix racing thanks to the efforts of drivers Romain Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen, amassing a total of 47 points and finishing regularly within the points paying positions during 2017.

Heading into a third season in 2018, how do you rate the past performances of the youngest team in Grand Prix racing?

Vote now to tell us how you rate 2017 Formula One season for Haas Ferrari, and leave a comment below!

For more from the world of Formula One, check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with our awesome community..

Haas F1 Rate the Team 1.jpg
Haas F1 Rate the Team 4.jpg
Haas F1 Rate the Team 12.jpg

Last edited:
5. Should have done better imo. Still showing rookie mistakes, which can be forgiven, but next year they must be ironed out. Also showed lack of experience as they repeately got completely lost setup wise and went with a trail and error approach instead of doing it with a plan. Grosjean crashing left, right and center and Magnussen not being able to qualify to save his life didnt help. I expect more this year, especially with 2 seasons of experience and Ferrari 'factory' help.

F1 is a shell of it's once glorious past and teams such as Haas are a pathetic excuse of an F1 team. You would think a manufacturer of machine tools could make a single part on the freaking car. I don't even know what F1 is supposed to be anymore, unrecognizable.
Sorry, I probably should have put this in the rant section....:redface:

Edit: I may have been a bit harsh in my assessment of Haas racing and F1 in general. I will try again.
I am extremely disappointed in the effort put forth by this team from a country that has the largest GDP. The best plan they could come up with is to purchase parts and put them together and then wonder why you are mid to last on the grid more often than not. Their response mid season was they found F1 'more difficult' than they had thought and if things didn't get better they would have to reconsider their position. Now if that meant building their own car, I'm not sure...but I doubt that you would attempt that endeavor when you deemed it not plausible in the first place. Peter Windsor was trying to put together an F1 team that was going to be ground up sans engine and couldn't seem to get the resources together, within miles of Mr Haas' NASCAR efforts, where was Haas then? Couldn't have got behind that? It does seem like a less than a desirable effort, if not the other word, from my perspective.

Last edited:
6. Considering it was their second season, they're doing ok, compared with the 3 new teams that entered F1 in 2010 (Caterham, Marussia and HRT) and ended up all going bust. I have doubts about their choice of drivers though. Grosjean is a disappointing prima donna. I thought he had with it takes to get a top drive, but not anymore. He's not a team leader, he's just an annoying whiner. I'm not crazy about Magnussen either. Wait and see for 2018, but they badly need a title sponsor and a bigger budget if they want to up their game. It would be cool if an American team succeeded, though, as long as Trump doesn't take credit for it!! :p

10... because they're our team. USA,
Cheers
I'm sure the present incumbent of the White House will screw that up. :roflmao:
An 'executive order' might see them turned out in a Stars and Stripes livery.

Should do better!
Grosjean has been disappointing and needs to STFU.
Magnussen is (IMHO) better than results suggest.
With their engineering expertise (NASCAR is just blacksmithing) there is no excuse for persistent mechanical problems.
Perhaps Haas should join forces with Cosworth and fund their (Cosworth) engine project.
Planning ahead is always worth the investment.
;)

Last edited:
Too much emphasis on the things they don't have and not enough on the things they do.
Time for the drivers to stop making stupid mistakes and moaning all the time.
Time for the team to step out of being enamored with their Ferrari link and get down to business improving the car.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%