F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Grid - Valtteri Bottas

He is the first Mercedes F1 Driver since the Hybrid Chance who has not won more than 6 races and not finished to be better than 2nd on the driver world championship. Seriosly! It is his first year in pressure but he is driving since 2013 in F1 and also have cost Mercedes very much to move him from Williams. I feel very bad for that, cause an Ocon or a Wehrlein maybe got the same results in the same postioin as Valtteri Bottas :(
I gave him in my conclusion a rate of 5 and i am not the only one

You're being quite unfair to bottas, what is the reason he didn't finish 2nd on the driver WC and also didn't win more than 3 races? That mercedes is no longer a dominant team, at least wasn't in 2017, while it was in 2014, 2015 and 2016, I'd have liked to see rosberg in 2017, not sure how much better he'd have done.

In the previous 3 years, there was an A team, mercedes, some B teams, in general red bull and ferrari, sometimes williams, and then C teams, the rest, in 2017 there were 3 A teams, mercedes, ferrari and red bull and then B teams, the level of competition from outside mercedes was much higher in 2017 and hopefully it continues into 2018 and beyond; if it does, expect even less than 12 wins from mercedes.

Can't really say much more than "Great first half of the season, really bad second half of the season.". He is too anonymous and not yet of the same quality as Hamilton and Rosberg. Also made some pretty stupid mistakes, like spinning out behind the safety car.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 321 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%