F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Grid - Pierre Gasly

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Rate the Grid - Pierre Gasly.jpg

Rate the grid returns, and it's another Toro Rosso driver! This time we review the (part) season of young Frenchman Pierre Gasly...

At 21 years of age Pierre Gasly has marked himself out as a serious talent for the future in Formula One, taking the junior open wheel ranks by storm with multiple championships and a number of impressive drives in a variety of different racing cars.

Having been parachuted into the Toro Rosso team halfway through 2017 Gasly has had something of a difficult start to life in Grand Prix racing, however exactly how well do you think the Frenchman has performed in the junior Red Bull team?

Vote now to tell us how you rate the 2017 season for Toro Rosso part time driver Pierre Gasly, and leave a comment below!

For more from the world of Formula One, check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with our awesome community..

Rate the Grid - Pierre Gasly 2.jpg
Rate the Grid - Pierre Gasly 3.jpg
Rate the Grid - Pierre Gasly 4.jpg

Last edited:
I found the missing an f1 race to go fight for the superformula title only to have that race cancelled mildly amusing.

Otherwise, seems decent but who knows with tororo rossosso. 'Probably better than kvyat' is hardly a high bar.

• Deleted member 205301

Im french, and I look at Gasly since his begining in kf2....
Rating him for the 2017 season is impossible, not enough races, joining at the very end...
..but...When He starts in F4 championship, everybody was talking about him, and honestly, he was not the best (big-up to my mate mathieu Vaxiviere who beats him and every "son-of rich" this season)
For me FR2.0 is the real "big step", the formula in wich you could easily see which one is a future star, and wich one is "ok, but not a champion", and in this formula, he showed lots of skills, great speed, but maybe some lack of a "something special"... (He won the eurocup formula renault 2013)
Since there, Pierre is a real champion (2nd in 3.5 on his first season, gp2 champion, and 2nd in the highly concurrency superformula).... but for me he won't be a F1 champion one day...he improves a lot, and that's why RB gived him this seat... i'm afraid he will do something like most toro rosso driver did : one or two season, and bye bye...
I rated him a 5/10 : He was here to learn, he did, but nothing fabulous (and a stupid spin on last race would be difficult to delete..) I sincerely hopes i'm wrong, we'll see.
Off course, I wish him the best, and support him for the 2018 season ;)
@++

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%