F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Grid - Kimi Raikkonen

Vettel won Monaco on raw pace as the overcut was the faster strategy, at the time it was not thought to be but in the end it was. Even Daniel Riccardo leapfrogged his teammate and Bottas using the overcut.

Instances like Hungary were wingman mode. But it's not a surprise since Merc were getting stronger and more into their stride, Ferrari had to maximize the most points for the championship challenger in they were not gonna have much of a chance at the only thing they care about.

I believe Ferrari keep him in in large part thanks to that... "he was, after all, our last champion, we can't just chase him away...:unsure: can we?" way of thinking.
Maybe they should really set their mind towards the future now.
They chased away Schumi...
As for Kimi - I'm really disappointed, he surely must retire. I remember how I went mad with joy when he won the title back in 2017, but now I gave him a solid 4. For 2018 there just wasn't a really good driver available to replace him so Ferrari kept him AGAIN.

5. Some rare performances where he outqualified Vettel, otherwise an underwhelming season. Like last season. If he dosent perform this year, which I doubt, he should be honourably retired.

The fact that Ricciardo could've beat him in a hit or miss Red Bull shows how much he underperformed the car. He may have been a great driver in his prime, but now he's way past it and probably needs to retire. He obviously enjoys spending time with his family, so he should retire. I think Vettel wants him around, but he must have realized by now that having someone faster will help him in the long run.

this year he won 2 races, didn't he?
i mean monaco and hungary.
however he could do better in some races
he also had very good quali pace, he was always there

I'm a big Kimi fan, but I was a bit let down with his performance. Gave him a 6... Not too great, not too bad either.

Hope to see the Kimi of old like his days in McLaren and his first year in Ferrari this season.

I want to see both Merc drivers, both Ferrari drivers, both Red Bull drivers, and Fernando Alonso (sorry Stoffel lol) fight for the title this coming season.

He needs to be more agressive. Whatever anyone says, this guy should have 3 WC and Fernando 0 ! He was clearly the better driver, but once again Mclaren and their fiability....

Kimi gets a 6 for being Kimi.
He clearly still has talent but is nowhere near as motivated as his stable-mate.
The car was excellent but he seems content at this stage, to take his pay-check, enjoy live and be a bridesmaid.
Ferrari clearly likes him playing a 'spoiler' role.

My favorite driver, but i must admit that he was outperformed by Vettel by miles, last year the internal battle was a lot more tight. I really hoped that Monaco could be his turning point of the year... but then sunday arrived and that strange strategy by Ferrari let him down. (c'mon we all knew that the US could last all the race and was quicker than the SS)

Doesn't deserve a new deal, wasn't fast enough. End of. He failed to do his job, take points off Seb's title challengers.
As much as I love Kimi, he wasn't good enough.

Do you even realise what you are writting ? one part you say he isn't fast enough (suggesting he doesn't get enough points) and on the other you say he takes points away from seb (so he is fast enough, since he's scoring more points than seb on some times). Make up your mind and make sens !

Do you even realise what you are writting ? one part you say he isn't fast enough (suggesting he doesn't get enough points) and on the other you say he takes points away from seb (so he is fast enough, since he's scoring more points than seb on some times). Make up your mind and make sens !
I think you missed a word or two. The actual quote was "Take points off Seb's title challengers" which he did fail to do.

The 'Ice Man' is a pragmatist.
He drives for Ferrari, is rewarded handsomely for being their 'Number 2' and is a safe pair of hands most of the time.
As for him 'holding up the driver market', what a crock.
Ferrari make the decisions and if they feel the need to keep Raikkonen on the team that's up to them.
And I rate him an 8+.

Last edited:
As others have said he drives fro the paycheck, totally over rated as the personality of F1..... is that a joke? He has no personality, bitching at your team in garbled bad English isn't a sign of a personality....
Yes he is a wingman, but seems totally happy to do that...
This is the guy who Ferrari paid 20 million to piss off for a few years....then paid him to drive for them AGAIN??! What in Gods name were they thinking....!?

Is he better than Bottas? yes, is he hungry though? Nope not really.
Turn up get paid go home.
Credit where credit is due though, he played a blinder money wise....good on the lad.

Now I know from where comes that... "Iceman".
You can be my wingman Maverick ...anytime.
No, you can be mine.
Vettel is still Tom. Kimi setled for a second best. An Iceman.
ZC7m0.jpg

Icecreamman perhaps. =/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%