F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Grid - Esteban Ocon

What do you need for a great season? Beating Verstappen, Ghiotto, Rosenqvist, Blomqvist, Giovinazzi and Auer is not enough?
We talk about being a great driver?
You need more than a season with a good car which proves nothing compare to the rest of his career which has been very discutable.
Of course that's the point for all drivers.

You are looking for a good driver? Give him a bad car and check what he is capable, that's the only way to make an opinion. If he is capable to have results, you probably have a good driver.
That's my point of view.

Ocon has proved nothing except that he was able to win when he had the best car of a championship and that he has a strong political support.
It does not make him a great driver.

@GP20 - The "best car"? F3 and GP3 are spec series. Ocon won them against a bunch of very good drivers. Admittedly he was in good teams, but those teams take the best drivers.

In addition, I doubt the Force India was such a good car. Pérez has made his F1 career in getting lots of points out of average cars. Ocon almost did as good as him. Both made Force India's 4th place look easier than it was.

The best of the 3 French drivers currently in F1 (maybe that's why Grosjean was so frustrated all year? :p). With his talent he deserves to be an F1 driver, but he is not on the same level as Lewis, Sebastian, Max, Daniel and Fernando (yet). I think his first season in a competitive car he did very well, so I scored him a solid 8.

I think he needs to be in a team without Perez. Perez is selfish. He recognises that Ocon is a very good driver and the resulting spats/coming togethers have been Perez’s fault.
In the right team without Perez, Ocon will be on the podium, and that includes Force India.
This boy will be champion and I will put money on it!

I think he needs to be in a team without Perez. Perez is selfish. He recognises that Ocon is a very good driver and the resulting spats/coming togethers have been Perez’s fault.
In the right team without Perez, Ocon will be on the podium, and that includes Force India.
This boy will be champion and I will put money on it!

Ocon is the one that cost FI definitely a podium in Baku but selective memory I guess...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back