F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Grid - Daniil Kvyat

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Rate the Grid - Daniil Kvyat 1.jpg

Next in our end of season community 'Rate the Grid' feature we focus attention on outgoing Toro Rosso driver Daniil Kvyat.

Employed, promoted, sacked, employed, sacked, employed and sacked again, Formula One hasn't been very kind to the still shockingly young Daniil Kvyat, who at 23 years of age looks likely to be at the very end of his Grand Prix career, 74 races, two podiums and 133 points after making his debut for Toro Rosso at the 2014 Australian Grand Prix.

The young Russian did little to help his cause in 2017, all to often at the wrong end of ridiculous and comprehensively underperforming against his team mate and rival Carlos Sainz. Apparently Toro Rosso management thought so too as they dropped the driver from their Red Bull programme once and for all towards the end of the season, leaving Kvyat in a desperate scramble to secure a Formula One opportunity for 2018 or look to ply his trade elsewhere in professional motorsport.

These last couple of years must have been very mentally challenging for the Russian driver and perhaps that pressure has told out on the circuit. The question is, how does our community rate his performances in 2017?

Vote now to tell us how you rate the 2017 season for Toro Rosso Russian Rocket Daniil Kvyat, and leave a comment below!

For more from the world of Formula One, check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with our awesome community..

Rate the Grid - Daniil Kvyat 2.jpg
Rate the Grid - Daniil Kvyat 3.jpg
Rate the Grid - Daniil Kvyat 4.jpg

Last edited:
I gave him a 4 but I would absolutely hate as a first F1 assignment...to be a Red Bull driver.
Some guys excel under massive pressure.
Sadly, Daniil doesn't seem to be one of them...not yet anyway.
The more pressure... the more mistakes.
He reminds me a bit of Fisichella...(fast as heck when the 'planets' align) but most of the time, just hanging on.
We know he has speed when he's not making mistakes.
He's still a young man.
Hopefully, he can find a ride in another series, with bosses who exert less pressure.

Last edited:
It's that parasite Helmut Marko that killed him and many other young Redbull drivers. Daniil deserved a lot more but one mistake and he is out which is ridiculous, like no other Redbull driver has crashed with anyone before.

Last edited:
A wasted talent.
And when I met him at the Australia GP before he was demoted he came across a very decent young bloke.
I hope he gets a chance with a team that actually cares about their drivers.
Why Helmut-Bloody-Marko has any authority with RBR is beyond me, he was a mediocre driver in F1 and a thoroughly dishonest team owner/manager in F3000.

A wasted talent.
And when I met him at the Australia GP before he was demoted he came across a very decent young bloke.
I hope he gets a chance with a team that actually cares about their drivers.
Why Helmut-Bloody-Marko has any authority with RBR is beyond me, he was a mediocre driver in F1 and a thoroughly dishonest team owner/manager in F3000.
Connections. He's an old friend of Didi Mateschitz himself.

• Deleted member 205301

A wasted talent.
All is said :)
great driver, promissing, but..unable to validade these promisses...
He is the "RB mistakes", I mean, too young for f1, going too early on the RB team...his demoted was not well managed...so now he quit by the back door....
gave him a 4/10 (even if I really like the guy, his driving was really not at his level)
@++

I understand that but I would have expected Mateschitz to be smarter, if I 'employed' some of my old friends I'd be well and truly out of business several time over. Marko exemplifies 'Poor Leadership' in spades.
I dunno, he brought in the 4 time World Champ Seb Vettel, brought in a bloody fast Australian (after kicking another) and snatched the mega talent Max Verstappen off Mercedes' juniors program. Could have been worse... I don't like Marko aswell, but even in my eyes he hasn't done such harm to the team that Mateschitz has to kick him.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.9%